ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Media Center>Yacht Rock anyone?
InChiefsHeaven 05:48 AM 08-11-2022
OK, so I'm an old school metal head. Born in 1970, my growing hair on my balls years happened in the 80's, and my first metal album was bought at the tender age of 11 or 12, and I had to hide it from my mom. Iron Maiden's Number of the Beast. So...my whole musical life went in the metal direction, and has happily stayed there.

BUT...being a child in the late 70's and early 80's, there was this background soundtrack to life that was going on...I didn't know the artists, nor did I care...but I knew the songs. These days there is a channel on Sirius called Yacht Rock, and it contains those songs and that "genre" that I had never thought about but that was prominent in my youth. I'm not even sure you could say I like it, but it brings back a nostalgia that I have always taken for granted. In fact, the first time I heard the term "Yacht Rock" I knew exactly what it was...even though I had never given it any thought at all.

Anyway, this is an interesting article I found on it:

https://getpocket.com/explore/item/i...=pocket-newtab

Sorry if repost...Sail on...honey...
[Reply]
Bowser 07:04 PM 08-12-2022
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Would rather listen to Christian Rock.
Get it, kid

[Reply]
Bowser 07:07 PM 08-12-2022

[Reply]
Baby Lee 08:04 PM 08-12-2022
I don't mind a bit of Yacht Rock, it's calibrated for relaxation so there's always a time and place for it.

But I would prefer to mix in some smooth Motown of the same era. . .

[Reply]
srvy 08:07 PM 08-12-2022
In all reality, I wouldn't listen to any of this shit on a boat or ship. ZZ Top sounds as good on a boat as they do in a car.
[Reply]
Bowser 08:33 PM 08-12-2022
Originally Posted by srvy:
In all reality, I wouldn't listen to any of this shit on a boat or ship. ZZ Top sounds as good on a boat as they do in a car.

[Reply]
srvy 09:09 PM 08-12-2022
Originally Posted by Bowser:

[Reply]
Baby Lee 09:46 PM 08-12-2022
Son, we live in a world that has legs, and those legs have to be possessed by someone who knows how to use them. . .

You? Lieutenant Bowser?

Every time I'm dancin', I know more about what to do than you can POSSIBLY FATHOM!!
[Reply]
Demonpenz 04:51 PM 08-13-2022
DID YOU ORDER THE YAUGHT ROCK?
YOU GOD DAMN RIGHT I DID>
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 07:56 PM 08-13-2022
Fuck yeah...

[Reply]
kccrow 08:07 AM 08-15-2022
Proper place for Yacht "Rock" albums:

[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 06:15 AM 08-18-2022
"Yacht" Rock :-) :-) :-) WTF
[Reply]
Bowser 04:07 PM 08-18-2022
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brother:
"Yacht" Rock :-) :-) :-) WTF
Sounds better than "70s Soft Rock That Would Have Gotten Your Ass Kicked in the 70s if You Were Caught Listening To It", lol
[Reply]
Demonpenz 09:11 PM 08-18-2022
looking glass was good
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 10:27 PM 08-18-2022
Originally Posted by InChiefsHeaven:
OK, so I'm an old school metal head. Born in 1970, my growing hair on my balls years happened in the 80's, and my first metal album was bought at the tender age of 11 or 12, and I had to hide it from my mom.
So I'm a bit older. But I mostly searched out psychedelic stuff from the late 60's or the progressive stuff being played. And to the extent I listened to to the radio, it would be classic rock not metal.

Curiously, now that I've gotten older, I'm listening to a fair amount of metal. Mostly covers of stuff I listened to from when I was younger. Either music I was intentionally listening or just stuff that was being played around me:

[Reply]
htismaqe 12:28 PM 08-23-2022
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
lots of yacht rock stations around now
there is a time and a place for it
For sure.

The time is "all eternity" and the place is "hell".
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up