ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 13
« First < 56789 10111213 >
Media Center>Predator Reboot
Tribal Warfare 07:45 PM 11-21-2020

Director of the just announced #Predator reboot, Dan Trachtenberg, reveals he's been working on the project for four years!https://t.co/ItacWhliVb pic.twitter.com/LahwYTRTAx

— Screen Rant (@screenrant) November 21, 2020

#Prey will have a Comanche dub when it releases: https://t.co/tkuIvUZNmr

— The Illuminerdi (@The_Illuminerdi) July 22, 2022

[Reply]
listopencil 08:57 AM 08-11-2022
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
Is internalized misogyny another idiotic phrase people are going to be spouting when they don't have anything real to be upset about? Like, "micro aggression" or "toxic masculinity"
I had to go look it up. Basically it's when women are sexist towards each other. It's kind of a bullshit term like reverse racism but I can also see why a modern day actress would use it to describe how women might treat each other in a medieval fantasy setting.
[Reply]
Fish 10:47 AM 08-11-2022
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
I guess I don't really understand the consternation over the hero being female. Is it an entertaining movie? If so, who gives a shit if the main character is a woman?
It's the historical aspect that bugs me personally. They went to amazing lengths to include real native Americans. They included an audio track in Comanche even. But then they tried to apply a modern day girl power theme to a culture that was actually very misogynistic. If a young Comanche female decided she was going to ignore her normal duties and sneak off hunting, she would have gotten drug back to her tent by her hair and given a beating. There were no female war chiefs in that time period. It simply didn't happen.

That and the complete nerfing of the Predator at the end. Like I said, it was definitely entertaining. But it did make me cringe a bit.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:54 AM 08-11-2022
wow, they nerfed the pred?

gay shit - not even worth pirating
[Reply]
Chitownchiefsfan 11:14 AM 08-11-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:

Broken record you are. Outside life you need.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 01:10 PM 08-11-2022

The biggest thing is they flexed Naru to Ninja level combatant during the final battle and solo'd the Pred.

Danny Glover had a black ops, and guns to takedown the LA pred, and Arnold was written to be the "Most Dangerous Game" per Shane Black that killed the OG.
[Reply]
unlurking 01:13 PM 08-11-2022
Originally Posted by Fish:
It's the historical aspect that bugs me personally. They went to amazing lengths to include real native Americans. They included an audio track in Comanche even. But then they tried to apply a modern day girl power theme to a culture that was actually very misogynistic. If a young Comanche female decided she was going to ignore her normal duties and sneak off hunting, she would have gotten drug back to her tent by her hair and given a beating. There were no female war chiefs in that time period. It simply didn't happen.

That and the complete nerfing of the Predator at the end. Like I said, it was definitely entertaining. But it did make me cringe a bit.
Seriously? It's not like there weren't examples of female warriors in the early 1800s (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pine_Leaf). I'm not saying there WERE examples 100 years earlier, but I find that potentiality more believable than the whole concept of this franchise. Feels like a strange hill to die on.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:24 PM 08-11-2022
Originally Posted by Chitownchiefsfan:
Broken record you are. Outside life you need.
i walk 3 miles a day
[Reply]
ThaVirus 07:45 PM 08-11-2022
I rewatched Predator 2 just because and not only did 55 year old Danny Glover kill the Predator straight up, the Predator spends the last 15 minutes of the movie running away from him.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 07:58 PM 08-11-2022
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
I rewatched Predator 2 just because and not only did 55 year old Danny Glover kill the Predator straight up, the Predator spends the last 15 minutes of the movie running away from him.
Took a bunch of damage because Danny Glover had guns with stopping power before getting the Pred getting his arm chopped off.

Then there's Naru after getting her ass handed to her through the whole movie then becomes a super powered ninja out of the blue during the final fight scene .
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 04:55 PM 08-12-2022
stupid fucking movie

that Predator didn’t stand a CHANCE. #PreyMovie pic.twitter.com/7jfUM1Mobp

— Jandriani (@snailshoes) August 11, 2022

[Reply]
Vladimir_Kyrilytch 12:40 AM 08-13-2022
Is it true that the diverse female hero literally jumpkicked predator to death? Buddy said she ran up a treee, did a backflip, then kicked predator into unconsciousness. Nice to see Hollywood finally showing 90 pound teenagers ninja-destroying predator. Thats what we need to get our inclusion goals met!

Next movie: 2 young preteen girls against 6 predators in a cage mask. Title: 6 predators enter, 0 predators leave. Should thrill audiences the world over!
[Reply]
listopencil 07:14 AM 08-13-2022
Many of you who are complaining about the movie are forgetting something; the entire movie franchise is retarded. It's dumb. Every single movie. The whole thing is an adolescent fantasy. They're all mindless fun and most of them are shitty movies. The people who made this didn't shit and piss all over Shakespeare. They just made one of the better movies in a really stupid franchise.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 04:26 PM 08-13-2022
OG predator is a masterpiece
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 04:31 PM 08-13-2022
OG predator is a masterpiece
Stan Winston saved the orginal from being an inadvertent joke
[Reply]
BigRichard 08:51 PM 08-13-2022
Originally Posted by listopencil:
Many of you who are complaining about the movie are forgetting something; the entire movie franchise is reeruned. It's dumb. Every single movie. The whole thing is an adolescent fantasy. They're all mindless fun and most of them are shitty movies. The people who made this didn't shit and piss all over Shakespeare. They just made one of the better movies in a really stupid franchise.
Watch the Critical Thinker video and he does a good job of explaining why the original was so good and this one isn't really all that good.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 13
« First < 56789 10111213 >
Up