Page 253 of 283
« First < 153203243249250251252253 254255256257263 > Last »
Hall of Classics>****OFFICIAL Chiefs vs 49ers Super Bowl LIV Game Thread****
Hammock Parties 12:11 AM 02-02-2020
Let’s do this shit.
[Reply]
Lzen 09:41 AM 02-07-2020
Originally Posted by notorious:
If that hits you, watch out for Kelce and his dad.
Yes, I saw that and it got me even more. Kelce and his dad just let it all go. :-)
[Reply]
Dayze 10:20 AM 02-07-2020
Pat and Andy embrace after the final Interception is what got me.

Pat was so happy, and happy for Andy. Andy was happy but tried to remain calm and gave Pat just a little more coaching (because Andy couldn't help it) about taking the clock all the way down;...until the end when Andy kissed his QB and let out a "ha ha". That was awesome to me.

especially considering Andy is usually so, so reserved on the field and doesn't really express himself until after games.
[Reply]
suzzer99 11:40 AM 02-07-2020
I was fascinated watching their body language the final 7 minutes.

Joe kept the same stance no matter what happened.

Favre was fighting to keep his emotions in check trying to mask how agitated he really was, crossing his arms and rubbing his neck seemingly when the Chiefs did something good.

Bree’s obviously blows both away with his X and Os knowledge. His body language, arms and legs went from closed to open, An expression of “I love and accept this and want to talk about how awesome this is”.

You can see why Brees has achieved well beyond his physical abilities. Dude is a mental juggernaut.
It could also be that Brees is still playing and up to speed on the latest exotic defenses.

Joe probably never saw a Seattle cover 3 match. Joe also might be getting a little fuzzy. He sounds like my uncles. :-)

It was weird it didn't seem like Favre was rooting for KC but then at the end he did seem happy for Andy.
[Reply]
notorious 11:56 AM 02-07-2020
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
It could also be that Brees is still playing and up to speed on the latest exotic defenses.

Joe probably never saw a Seattle cover 3 match. Joe also might be getting a little fuzzy. He sounds like my uncles. :-)

It was weird it didn't seem like Favre was rooting for KC but then at the end he did seem happy for Andy.
Defenses weren’t anything like they are now. It’s way more complex.
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 12:16 PM 02-07-2020
I was fascinated watching their body language the final 7 minutes.

Joe kept the same stance no matter what happened.

Favre was fighting to keep his emotions in check trying to mask how agitated he really was, crossing his arms and rubbing his neck seemingly when the Chiefs did something good.

Bree’s obviously blows both away with his X and Os knowledge. His body language, arms and legs went from closed to open, An expression of “I love and accept this and want to talk about how awesome this is”.

You can see why Brees has achieved well beyond his physical abilities. Dude is a mental juggernaut.
I think it is likely that Favre wasn't annoyed, but nervous. I was crossing my arms and rubbing my neck too.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:27 PM 02-07-2020
No idea why Shaggy Shane wanted this but I obliged.

My dude @shaggyshanekc asked for this and I cannot deny him, or @cheetah's greatness. �� pic.twitter.com/58oREaCqJR

— 76 Sent (@ClayWendler) February 7, 2020

[Reply]
Cheater5 02:25 PM 02-07-2020
Originally Posted by Beef Supreme:
I think it is likely that Favre wasn't annoyed, but nervous. I was crossing my arms and rubbing my neck too.

I watched about the last 50 minutes while at work (lol). We all read people slightly different, and I agree with most things that have already been said.

But, when Jimmy was sacked on 4th & 10, Joe very subtly said "damn". I don't blame him for wanting the Niners to win-- that's his first team, his first (and last) Super Bowls, so obviously he's emotionally more vested in them.

I think no small part Favre-- when he watches Mahomes--might be a *teeny* bit jealous. Say what you want, but all young QBs with a cannon for an arm are compared to Favre, ultimately. I think he knows, just by watching that PMII is likely better than he is.

Brees' body language to me says that he is completely dialed in on the game; that guy wants to be on the field. He sees what's happening with clarity, and he's synthesizing what's happening as an elite level QB. He respects both teams, shows no bias, and is far more mentally engaged than punchy Joe Montana, or a cooly disinterested Favre.
[Reply]
Frazod 02:30 PM 02-07-2020
Originally Posted by Beef Supreme:
Yeah, I really can't think of a reason Favre would be pro-Niners. IIRC Andy brought him in before to meet Pat. I assume he's friends with both of them.
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:35 PM 02-07-2020
I think you just have three QBs that are seeing the game through the eyes of the QB position. They probably can't help themselves; they're reading the D, internally making adjustments, mentally running through the play as they would have. They probably can't watch the game as just a fan. The emotional part probably didn't really hit Joe or Favre until the end of the game.

But Joe is watching as if he were a Niner, while Favre is watching as if he were a Packer. Probably reliving past games or whatever.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 02:49 PM 02-07-2020
Originally Posted by Cheater5:
Brees' body language to me says that he is completely dialed in on the game; that guy wants to be on the field. He sees what's happening with clarity, and he's synthesizing what's happening as an elite level QB. He respects both teams, shows no bias, and is far more mentally engaged than punchy Joe Montana, or a cooly disinterested Favre.

Brees will end up in the booth.
[Reply]
notorious 02:50 PM 02-07-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
I think you just have three QBs that are seeing the game through the eyes of the QB position. They probably can't help themselves; they're reading the D, internally making adjustments, mentally running through the play as they would have. They probably can't watch the game as just a fan. The emotional part probably didn't really hit Joe or Favre until the end of the game.

But Joe is watching as if he were a Niner, while Favre is watching as if he were a Packer. Probably reliving past games or whatever.
That's what I think. He was reminded of the past, and was reacting accordingly.
[Reply]
MahiMike 03:16 PM 02-07-2020
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Don't know if this has been posted or not, but it's fairly interesting - Montana, Favre and Brees watching the game together.

That was interesting and boring at the same time. Knowing where to fast forward to and what actually happened made it watchable.

You could tell they were all rooting for SF there. Joe shows again why he didn't make it on TV. He's like watching w/grampa who doesn't say much. On the other side, it looked like an interview for Brees. I think he'll be in the booth next year.
[Reply]
Iczer 03:31 PM 02-07-2020
Every day the tears of the salty whiners fans become more delicious. On their forum they have a 28 page thread whining about the refs. The 3rd and 15 play is their go to. The still pictures everyone cried about do look bad, but when you actually watch the play live from different angles. Bosa runs a stunt inside and Fisher rides his momentum and blocks him clean.
[Reply]
DRM08 03:48 PM 02-07-2020
Originally Posted by Iczer:
Every day the tears of the salty whiners fans become more delicious. On their forum they have a 28 page thread whining about the refs. The 3rd and 15 play is their go to. The still pictures everyone cried about do look bad, but when you actually watch the play live from different angles. Bosa runs a stunt inside and Fisher rides his momentum and blocks him clean.
Forty Whiners. Poor babies!!
[Reply]
notorious 03:54 PM 02-07-2020
Originally Posted by MahiMike:
That was interesting and boring at the same time. Knowing where to fast forward to and what actually happened made it watchable.

You could tell they were all rooting for SF there. Joe shows again why he didn't make it on TV. He's like watching w/grampa who doesn't say much. On the other side, it looked like an interview for Brees. I think he'll be in the booth next year.
It would suck to have a camera in your face for 3 hours, exposed in those shitty seats.

It looked really uncomfortable and awkward.

Put these guys in recliners and couches with some cocktails.
[Reply]
Page 253 of 283
« First < 153203243249250251252253 254255256257263 > Last »
Up