ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 121 of 435
« First < 2171111117118119120121 122123124125131171221 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Frank Clark fucking sucks
RealSNR 02:33 PM 09-15-2019
Guy has done NOTHING in two games. Barely any pressures to speak of against trash OTs.

Yeah, I'm in bitchy gameday mode. Don't care. I'm tired of paying out the ass for defensive players who don't make plays.

At least Justin Houston could dominate against bad teams after we paid him.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:00 AM 11-03-2019
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
I was never a fan of this offseason. We were an offsides away from the Super Bowl, so we tried to completely rebuild the defense? Seemed like overkill. We retained only like three defensive starters from that SB-caliber squad.. not that the defense was particularly good but they had good elements. Seemed to me we could have used a retooling and coaching change over a full-on rebuild.

Time will tell if it was the right choice but I'm skeptical.
:-)
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 09:10 AM 11-03-2019
Such terrible takes in this thread...embarrassing
[Reply]
kccrow 09:48 AM 11-03-2019
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
Says he's Ford....posts a stat showing he's worth 3 sacks more a year and he plays elite run defense, compared to Ford who was a liability. This board is so full of people who think they know football, but don't know shit. Go back to draft planet and play fake GM.
As I stated, the stats are carried out as averages over 3 years to a full single season. Fact is, Clark has never had as many sacks in a single season as Ford has and has never reached the 13.8 in that projection. I was being diligent in projecting since Ford missed significant time in one of those seasons. I even posted the individual season statistics. You're a fucking idiot of enormous proportions and prove you can't read anything beyond a tweet with regularly.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:00 AM 11-03-2019
What the fuck are you talking about? Clark and Ford both had 13 sacks in their best season.

dO YoUr ReSeArCh
[Reply]
kccrow 10:09 AM 11-03-2019
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
Such terrible takes in this thread...embarrassing
The only things that are terrible are Frank Clark in his current state and the obsession with making him out to be better than he ever was. He's not all world against the run. He's marginally better than Dee Ford who had developed into a guy who was doing a solid job of setting the edge in 2018. Had Ford not been injured in 2017, I'm not so sure we could say Clark was marginally more consistent at getting to the QB. So was it worth the extra 4 million per year? What I'm seeing is no and I didn't think so then.

I thought Houston had some issues but the guy was still more productive on a per-game basis than Clark over those 3 years and especially so against the run. Sure, injuries were an issue so I get that part of it, but was it really worth giving up on the guy to sign a lesser player? I don't know about that. I was on board with keeping one of Houston or Ford. Maybe Houston wanted out, but I have very large doubts about that and anyone saying it is using pure conjecture.

I certainly hope Clark returns to the guy he was in Seattle, but to date it really looks doubtful. That's a problem because right now you're looking at the future and the need to bring in pass rushers while having another huge contract to eat. Veach's biggest free-agent spends on defense have been trash here and we're stuck with them at least through next year.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:11 AM 11-03-2019
Now Clark is “marginally” better than Ford against the run? :-)

Ford’s so bad against the run that the 49ers gave up a 2nd round pick and big contract for him and STILL choose to use him as a situational pass rusher. One guy is good and the other is below average. How the fuck is that marginal?

You really don’t have a fucking clue dude.
[Reply]
kccrow 10:14 AM 11-03-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
What the fuck are you talking about? Clark and Ford both had 13 sacks in their best season.

dO YoUr ReSeArCh
Yay, the resident idiots are starting read! I meant to say never had more sacks and never as many tackles in a season, but that's moot at this point. Clark was never better than Ford at getting to the QB. Clark and Ford put up identical sacks in 2018 and 2016. Ford was injured in 2017 for 10 games, so we can't compare. So explain to me how Clark was better again?
[Reply]
staylor26 10:15 AM 11-03-2019
Originally Posted by kccrow:
Yay, the resident idiots are starting read! I meant to say never had more sacks and never as many tackles in a season, but that's moot at this point. Clark was never better than Ford at getting to the QB. Clark and Ford put up identical sacks in 2018 and 2016. Ford was injured in 2017 for 10 games, so we can't compare. So explain to me how Clark was better again?
I just did in the post above. The fact that you think it’s debatable is hilarious because even people that hated the Clark trade know that Clark was the better player over those 3 years. You’re literally the only person I’ve heard that thinks otherwise.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 10:19 AM 11-03-2019
Staylor there is a reason he's called kc old crow
[Reply]
Chris Meck 10:19 AM 11-03-2019
uhhh....well....uhhhh....how about the fact that prior to right now, he was actually available to play most of the time?

You guys are just talking around in circles.

Nobody would say that so far this signing has turned out great.

But if you're trying to argue that Ford is a better player than Clark has been to this point, you're nuts.

Ford has been an injury problem, and is shite against the run.

Clark has been a better all around player. It's not really not up for debate. He's also been on the field much more often.

Ford is a situational pass rusher; and San Fran uses him as such even now.

Just stop.

Now, has Clark produced here? No. Hopefully he gets healthy and does.

If not, well, hindsight is 20/20.

it was a lot to give up to get him and he hasn't produced yet.

But quit trying to say Ford is better.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:20 AM 11-03-2019
kccrow was not a fan of the 2019 draft. Pretty sure he ripped it.

He doesn’t have a fucking clue.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:32 AM 11-03-2019
The only things that are terrible are Frank Clark in his current state and the obsession with making him out to be better than he ever was. He's not all world against the run. He's marginally better than Dee Ford who had developed into a guy who was doing a solid job of setting the edge in 2018.
???? GIF from Nickyoung GIFs

[Reply]
JakeF 10:34 AM 11-03-2019
fuck that worthless piece of shit
[Reply]
kccrow 10:35 AM 11-03-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Now Clark is “marginally” better than Ford against the run? :-)

Ford’s so bad against the run that the 49ers gave up a 2nd round pick and big contract for him and STILL choose to use him as a situational pass rusher. One guy is good and the other is below average. How the fuck is that marginal?

You really don’t have a fucking clue dude.
Dude, why do you act like Frank Clark is so good against the run? It's the entire reason he was snubbed for the Pro-Bowl last year. Seattle's run defense wasn't all that good either and gave up 4.9 per carry (tied for 27th in the NFL with only the Chiefs and Rams being worse). You act as though he's on the level of guys like Jordan and Hunter and so forth. He's not even close. He's okay and I have no real issues with his run defense, but he's not some world-beater like you envision him. You can run at Frank Clark and the league has so far. I sure hope he turns it around and plays at least back to the level he was at in Seattle where he's not a liability against the run and he's a guy you can have comfort in saying should be in the top 15-20 pass rushers in the league which is where he left off.
[Reply]
kccrow 10:50 AM 11-03-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
uhhh....well....uhhhh....how about the fact that prior to right now, he was actually available to play most of the time?

You guys are just talking around in circles.

Nobody would say that so far this signing has turned out great.

But if you're trying to argue that Ford is a better player than Clark has been to this point, you're nuts.

Ford has been an injury problem, and is shite against the run.

Clark has been a better all around player. It's not really not up for debate. He's also been on the field much more often.

Ford is a situational pass rusher; and San Fran uses him as such even now.

Just stop.

Now, has Clark produced here? No. Hopefully he gets healthy and does.

If not, well, hindsight is 20/20.

it was a lot to give up to get him and he hasn't produced yet.

But quit trying to say Ford is better.
Did I say Ford was better? I said I don't think there's much difference between the two with Clark being a bit better against the run. Ford in 2018 was every bit as good as Clark has been, but everyone's judgment is clouded by his stupid offsides penalty. Ford played really well that year, including against the run. He was holding his lane and crashing down the line when he got a free release to make plays in the backfield. I don't even know if that's debatable. It took alot longer for Ford to play to that level and has never been as consistent as Clark in that regard. Clark isn't the world's best run defender either, but yes he's been more consistent there. As a pass rusher? Same guy. The Chiefs paid a king's ransom to get a marginally better football player who has so far sucked complete ass.

As for injury, most defensive lineman get hurt at one point or another. Ford got his. I don't give much shits about that, it happens. If it becomes a trend where a guy starts missing alot of time repeatedly for similar injuries, then that's a bigger issue. It's a reason letting Houston go makes a bit more sense.

Speaking of Houston, you look at the Texans and the JJ Watt situation, and you have to start wondering if it's worth it anymore. The guy is the best in the NFL but hasn't really been available 3 out of 4 years. It starts to pile up.
[Reply]
Page 121 of 435
« First < 2171111117118119120121 122123124125131171221 > Last »
Up