Page 18 of 22
« First < 81415161718 19202122 >
Media Center>Top gun trailer
Sorry 01:44 PM 07-18-2019
Couldn't find a thread.

https://youtu.be/qSqVVswa420
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:30 PM 08-10-2022
"Top Gun: Maverick" has now passed "Titanic" at the all-time domestic box office, per CNBC.
[Reply]
notorious 10:07 AM 08-14-2022
Holy shit. 25 year record.
[Reply]
BWillie 07:04 PM 08-14-2022
Fun fact. Jerry Bruckheimer also produced Cold Case. You know that late 2000s cheesy detective show.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 01:40 PM 08-18-2022

[Reply]
Bowser 04:11 PM 08-18-2022
Damn.

Say what you will about Cruise, and most of it will probably be believable, but the one thing you can't say is that he doesn't take his craft seriously. And that includes keeping himself in shape and marketable at 60. Clearly.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 12:55 PM 08-22-2022
McGillis said she wasn’t asked to be in the reboot because “I’m too fat and old”

She’s 5 years older than Cruise so imma gonna say it isn’t your age honey
[Reply]
Rausch 03:04 PM 08-22-2022
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Damn.

Say what you will about Cruise, and most of it will probably be believable, but the one thing you can't say is that he doesn't take his craft seriously. And that includes keeping himself in shape and marketable at 60. Clearly.
I'm not a big fan of the man but he's good at what he does. No doubt about it. He takes pride in it and he's got quite a list of quality films.

And for the record it would appear I was dead wrong about this. Everyone I've talked to has liked it. Looks like this sequel was the exception to the rule. Good for them...
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 03:32 PM 08-22-2022
Saw it this weekend, and my cynical old ass came out of the theater smiling ear to ear. It was great. The had call backs of course, and there were one or two moments where my eyes started to roll a bit...but then I said fuck it, I'm enjoying the hell out of this and I'd see it again for sure. The last act is just awesome.

Go see it. In the theater if possible. You won't regret it.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 03:33 PM 08-22-2022
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
McGillis said she wasn’t asked to be in the reboot because “I’m too fat and old”

Well, the ladies don't typically age as well as the dudes, even with all the procedures they can get. But she probably is too fat and old for this.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 03:35 PM 08-22-2022

Yeah, no way...sorry.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 06:41 PM 08-22-2022
Coming to paramount plus tomorrow apparently. Definitely worth seeing in theaters while you can.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 07:48 PM 08-22-2022
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Damn.

I really wish we had the 100% true and complete story of just what the hell happened with The Mummy.
[Reply]
Kman34 05:47 AM 08-23-2022
Originally Posted by InChiefsHeaven:

Yeah, no way...sorry.
In a way I admire that she didn’t turn herself into a Botox monster like so many actresses do… Still.. Would not…
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:13 PM 08-23-2022
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:

A) Duh. Of course that's why she wasn't it in. Kudos to her for not being bitter about it.

B) Wouldn't it strain credibility to have her in it, even if she wasn't fat and old? This is just some civilian instructor that showed up to Top Gun 25 years ago and taught a class. Then became some chick that Maverick banged. Okay - betting a world class fighter pilot banged LOTS of chicks.

Trying to shoehorn her into the movie would've just been silly and unnecessary. Some "PhD in Astrophysics" isn't gonna just cool her jets as an instructor in San Diego for the rest of her life. That girl's living in DC. In fact, the person the character was based on (Christine Fox) ended up the Deputy Secretary of Defense after spending years at the Pentagon.

Charlie got some sweet gig at the Naval Academy working in some high end physics lab and making six figures a year for a 3 hour/wk class she taught on advanced mathematics or something. If you need her, you can probably find her at her kick-ass Brownstone on DuPont Circle. She's doing just fine not paying the bills for some stalled Captain fighter jock who lives in an airport hanger in the desert.
[Reply]
Frazod 02:45 PM 08-23-2022
Originally Posted by Kman34:
In a way I admire that she didn’t turn herself into a Botox monster like so many actresses do… Still.. Would not…
This pretty much describes what her costar Meg Ryan did to herself. Meg and Melanie Griffith must have the same plastic surgeon, and I'm pretty sure it's the guy from Escape From L.A. I don't even want to post a picture of either one of them because it's just too depressing to look at. McGillis just looks like an old lady, which is fine. Better that than a swollen-faced science experiment gone wrong.

Notice that Meg wasn't invited back, either.
[Reply]
Page 18 of 22
« First < 81415161718 19202122 >
Up