ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 47 of 2686
« First < 374344454647 4849505157971475471047 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:27 PM 04-29-2017
Originally Posted by TigerUppercut:
You're the toolbag posting at the Mane looking for friends. so there's that.
Deflection noted. Tap out acknowledged. Concession accepted.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 12:27 PM 04-29-2017
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
as soon as Mahomes knows the playbook, the verbiage, and can READ the defense and know where to go with the ball, he's in.

That's probably going to take a year. Unless Alex goes down, we won't see him in 2017-and maybe not even then.
They know. They're just laying the foundation to perpetuate the constant consternation and make sure no one enjoys watching Chiefs football until it meets their vision of the team.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 12:28 PM 04-29-2017
Originally Posted by mcaj22:
the champ that runs the camp!
The Phenomenal One..... Pat Ma-homeeeeeeeees!
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:28 PM 04-29-2017
The reality is he's a 1.5-2 year project. Common sense.
That doesn't happen in the NFL anymore unless you have a HOF QB like Favre starting.

It's certainly not happening in KC, where the QB can't even throw 1 TD a game.
[Reply]
suzzer99 12:29 PM 04-29-2017
Well I feel good. We got our Aikman/Smith/Irving of the future, and a Bruce Smith to boot! With still more picks to go.
[Reply]
TigeRRUppeRRcut 12:29 PM 04-29-2017
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Derek Carr won one game his rookie year... seems to be doing just fine in this dreaded division.
Plays behind the #1 offensive line, bud. plus you are implying it's a good idea that we sacrifice wins in 2018 with this talented roster just to save some $$? You are crazy.
[Reply]
suzzer99 12:30 PM 04-29-2017
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
The Chiefs aren't paying a 34-year old limpdick Alex Smith 20 million in 2018 to throw 10 TD passes, when they can cut him and save 17 million.

They're moving on. And so should you.

The Kansas City Chiefs are Patrick Mahomes' team now.

Suck it.
Poetry.
[Reply]
O.city 12:32 PM 04-29-2017
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
They know. They're just laying the foundation to perpetuate the constant consternation and make sure no one enjoys watching Chiefs football until it meets their vision of the team.
I'm super pumped about the pick. I'm not bitching to bitch at all here.

There's a huge advantage to having a rookie qb on that rookie deal though that would really be beneficial for the chiefs. In the end, Mahomes becoming a franchise qb is more important, but they also need to know what he is or isn't and allow him to have the opportunity to learn by playing before they have to decide about a long term deal.

Him sitting for 3 years, then playing his 4th wouldn't be ideal in terms of contractual situation. You'd essentially have his first year of playing live football to determine whether you use the 5th year option or go with a long term deal.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 12:32 PM 04-29-2017
Plays behind the #1 offensive line, bud. plus you are implying it's a good idea that we sacrifice wins in 2018 with this talented roster just to save some $$? You are crazy.
I'm not implying we will lose much under Mahomes. I'm just suggesting that a rough start can be overcame.

Our OL is in tact through 2018. All so Mahomes can step in seamlessly.

But by all means if you want to waste another season on Alex in 2018 to go 11-5 and be one and done, I get it....

Lol.
[Reply]
TigeRRUppeRRcut 12:32 PM 04-29-2017
The Phenomenal One..... Pat Ma-homeeeeeeeees!
So what notable games did Pat have last season outside of Oklahoma?
His best showings were against losing teams (Kansas, Sun Devils, steph f austin?) and another no name program. Lost 66-10 to Iowa State and 48-17 to virginia.

1 year isn't enough for this project. And I'm being nice when I say he's a project.

Also, he only amounted 2.2 yards a carry.
[Reply]
Buns 12:33 PM 04-29-2017
Sorry guys, you know Mahomes is a two year project at best. We should extend Alex AT THE LEAST to 2020, because he won't likely pan out. Besides, does PM2 even know the complexities of setting up your punter at your own 35? Sorry guys, it's just common sense, you should look it up. /TiggerUppercunt
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 12:34 PM 04-29-2017
His best showings were against losing teams (Kansas, Sun Devils, steph f austin?) and another no name program. Lost 66-10 to Iowa State and 48-17 to virginia.

1 year isn't enough for this project. And I'm being nice when I say he's a project.

15 touchdowns, 8 interceptions.

Irreplaceable.
[Reply]
SAUTO 12:35 PM 04-29-2017

It's funny to watch you running scared.
[Reply]
TigeRRUppeRRcut 12:35 PM 04-29-2017
I'm not implying we will lose much under Mahomes. I'm just suggesting that a rough start can be overcame.

Our OL is in tact through 2018. All so Mahomes can step in seamlessly.

But by all means if you want to waste another season on Alex in 2018 to go 11-5 and be one and done, I get it....

Lol.
If you can't enjoy Chiefs football until Mahomes is the starter then I recommend you stop watching. Cause the the last thing we need is to hear your bitching about Smith when he deserves more appreciation for pulling this franchise in the right direction. The one and done bull shit argument is the most ignorant thing you can say, especially if you have any sliver of awareness of the state of the team going into the playoffs.
[Reply]
TigeRRUppeRRcut 12:36 PM 04-29-2017
Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO:
It's funny to watch you running scared.
I'm not running anywhere. I'm chilling at work on an extra shift making great $$ while getting to read articles and looking forward to the pieces Dorsey is bringing in for my team.

So there's that.
[Reply]
Page 47 of 2686
« First < 374344454647 4849505157971475471047 > Last »
Up