ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 10
« First < 678910
Media Center>Non-woke media for people into non-woke tales
Vladimir_Kyrilytch 09:13 PM 06-28-2022
These days, there are billions of TV shows and movies, but every billion of them share a lot in common. Men are the enemy. Whites are the enemy. So combine the two worst characteristics, white and man, into one character and you have yourself a villain. Now just fill the story with diverse women and diverse people that were born withle that never can do wrong and that's everything everywhere.

But what if you don't like that sort of political agenda? What if that kinda annoys you? You might want an option to see something along the lines of your own sensibilities. To that end, here is the list:

#1) Alien. This is weird because it stars a woman, but it's great. It's the tops.

#2) Bull Durham. Also weirdly celebrated by feminists cause it had a strong woman character. Same actress actually.

#3) The Big Sleep. Starring Bogey and the best actress of all time, Lauren Bacall. Great stuff. Written by a Pulitzer Prize winner and Nobel Prize winner.

#4) To Have and Have Not. Written by that aforementioned PP and NP winner, but this one was adapted from the works of a person considered good, Ernest Hemingway.

#5) Bone Tomahawk. Kurt Russel in a western that is considered so stomach-turningly violent, most people won't even watch it.

#6) Star Trek 6, The Undiscovered Country. An example a super ultra woke film that was actually good. They didn't have diverse female characters ninja kicking white men at all.

#7) Das Boot. Best war movie ever made. It should be #1 but I'm too lazy to go back and edit. Zero women characters, so zero opportunity to have women characters jump kicking men. It worked.

#1) Atlas Shrugged, all 3 parts. Written by a woman, this is considered the most anti-woke material ever filmed. It's a breath of fresh air.
[Reply]
|Zach| 05:45 PM 08-09-2022
Originally Posted by Vladimir_Kyrilytch:
I know I make a lot of errors along those lines. I'm pretty sure the proper word is "heroes", not "heros" as I spelled it. But I'm always looking to improve my craft. Are you calling me out for not using apostrophes in the proper places (you said punctuation, not spelling)? I actually admit I get lazy about apostrophes but that's because I often type on my phone, and it's like 3 or 4 keystrokes to get an apostrophe properly placed.

I'm wondering why nobody has called me out on the most egregious error I made in this entire thread. I thought, at the time I made that OP, that the female lead in Alien and Bull Durham were the same actress. That's not true at all. They were Sigourney Weaver and Susan Sarandon, respectively. I'm more of a Sigourney fan but I admit I get those two confused all the time. That was such low hanging fruit!!!!

I also acknowledge that I often use commas when they are not needed. I admit I made that mistake in the last sentence of the quote of mine you quoted. One additional time before that as well. Beyond that, if you caught something I already hadn't, I actually do want to hear it.

ETA I looked up heroes vs. heros and I was right in that I was wrong originally:
Because you are the only sad fuck here that gives a single shit.
[Reply]
Vladimir_Kyrilytch 05:47 PM 08-09-2022
Originally Posted by |Zach|:
Because you are the only sad **** here that gives a single shit.
Misogynist.
[Reply]
Lzen 08:25 PM 08-09-2022
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
This may be the saddest, most pathetic thread I've seen in here

We're becoming a minority group, us middle aged white males. I know that's hard to understand after we've been on top for literally all of recorded Western history. And media, what it's become the last hundred years was run by us for us. And why? capitalism. Money dictates media and guess what...other people have it. Not just us

You don't like media? Sorry bud. We're not the target audience anymore

We're not being marginalized. Our voice isn't being suppressed. we simply aren't where the most revenue can be found. Not anymore.

The world has moved on, and if we don't stop crying like victims and asking for special treatment just because we're white dudes, it's gonna leave us behind. Because other people want different things, and there's just plain more of them. We had our day. It's over. We're not special and we're not entitled to anything. We built the world this way and it's silly to complain about it now. Don't like what's on TV or on the radio or on the internet? Turn it off. Find something else.

That's what people who aren't us have always done.
I don't have a problem with being in the minority, though I don't believe that to be true - a lot of white, self hating libs are responsible for what you describe here.

What I have a problem with is going way too far the other way. Two wrongs don't make a right. And without reading this whole crazy thread, I assume that's about what OP is trying to convey.

That being said, the Vegas man rape story is nuts. If true that's ****ed up beyond belief
[Reply]
dmahurin 03:52 PM 08-10-2022
Originally Posted by Vladimir_Kyrilytch:
I know I make a lot of errors along those lines. I'm pretty sure the proper word is "heroes", not "heros" as I spelled it. But I'm always looking to improve my craft. Are you calling me out for not using apostrophes in the proper places (you said punctuation, not spelling)? I actually admit I get lazy about apostrophes but that's because I often type on my phone, and it's like 3 or 4 keystrokes to get an apostrophe properly placed.

I'm wondering why nobody has called me out on the most egregious error I made in this entire thread. I thought, at the time I made that OP, that the female lead in Alien and Bull Durham were the same actress. That's not true at all. They were Sigourney Weaver and Susan Sarandon, respectively. I'm more of a Sigourney fan but I admit I get those two confused all the time. That was such low hanging fruit!!!!

I also acknowledge that I often use commas when they are not needed. I admit I made that mistake in the last sentence of the quote of mine you quoted. One additional time before that as well. Beyond that, if you caught something I already hadn't, I actually do want to hear it.

ETA I looked up heroes vs. heros and I was right in that I was wrong originally:
There were a lot of excuses in that post for a person that goes out of their way to correct other people's mistakes.
[Reply]
Vladimir_Kyrilytch 06:20 PM 08-12-2022
Originally Posted by dmahurin:
There were a lot of excuses in that post for a person that goes out of their way to correct other people's mistakes.
Here's the thing, friend. We don't know each other. We know nothing about each other, do we, we posters on message boards? So what do we go by to judge the intelligence and mental faculties of one another? We don't have much to go by, do we? Really, the only thing we have to go by is how well a person is able to communicate in the written form.

If someone can't spell or write in any coherent fashion, that person will be deemed limited in all the PC ways the term limited can stand for. Not just by me, either. I'm a lurker by heart after all.

And I made no excuses for anything. I self-reflected in an open manner and as a personal policy, I always remain open to legitimate criticism. Particularly the objective kind, such as syntax, spelling, grammar, and punctuation. Four different concepts, all confused by your esteemed self in your prior attempt at a "gotcha" post.
[Reply]
Vladimir_Kyrilytch 06:27 PM 08-12-2022
To refocuse this thread on its intended topic, non-woke media, I'm pleased to share with everyone what I consider to quite possibly be the top non-woke tale ever filmed. This is not an obscure film. You will find this film on pretty much any list of top 100 films of all time. But have you actually seen it? If you have, how recently?

This is worth a watch for anyone that has not seen it, and a re-watch for anyone that can't claim to have seen it within the past decade.

This film is about a pool hustler and it stars Paul Newman. They play straight pool in this movie, not 8-ball (a game for noobs) or 9-ball (a game that got popular later because cocaine got popular later). This is straight pool, the granddaddy of all billiards games (at least in the USA. I know snooker and real billiards came first, but that was mostly popular in the UK).

The final scene features Jackie Gleason. He did all his own pool shots because he actually was, in real life, a great pool player.

[Reply]
Vladimir_Kyrilytch 11:28 AM 08-22-2022
Egg on my face because this is a non-woke tale I was not familiar with before I found this short and witty youtube video reviewing it and singing its praises.

[Reply]
Page 10 of 10
« First < 678910
Up