ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 19
« First < 289101112 13141516 > Last »
Media Center>NFBT: Any guitarists out there?
nmt1 01:42 PM 03-05-2002
Hey guys:

Just starting out on the guitar and I'm wanting to buy an electric. I don't have much money and would like to find one that would be cheap and good for a beginner. I've seen some Fender and Ibanez guitars that aren't expensive. Any suggestions?
[Reply]
nmt1 08:33 PM 10-30-2002
Originally Posted by :
Originally posted by Lzen

Have you heard who he's touring with? I might just have to go check that out.
His website doesn't say if he's with anyone. Hell, I'd go no matter who's with him.
There is a date in DC. I may have to make the trip up for that.

Satch's road schedule
[Reply]
booger 08:20 AM 11-24-2002
All Right!!!

A guitar thread. Cool. :-)

I have played off and on for about 3 years. I am Self taught with help from a few books and the net. So needless to say i am no pro. :-) Just kinda fun to play around with. I usually just look up tabs for songs I want to learn on the net. I got a Fender Squire/Strat that was used when I bought it. That and a little crate amp. Not much but works for me, For now at least.

Here's to keepin a good thread alive. :-)

I'll have to take some time to look at the previous posts. :-)
[Reply]
nmt1 08:41 AM 11-24-2002
Originally Posted by :
Originally posted by booger
All Right!!!

A guitar thread. Cool. :-)

I have played off and on for about 3 years. I am Self taught with help from a few books and the net. So needless to say i am no pro. :-) Just kinda fun to play around with. I usually just look up tabs for songs I want to learn on the net. I got a Fender Squire/Strat that was used when I bought it. That and a little crate amp. Not much but works for me, For now at least.

Here's to keepin a good thread alive. :-)

I'll have to take some time to look at the previous posts. :-)
Welcome to the thread. I started it a while back to try and get some advice on getting an electric guitar. I've been playing since Feb of this year so I'm not even close to being any good at all.
There are lots of musicians on the board. You have questions, they usually have answers.
:-)
[Reply]
booger 08:50 AM 11-24-2002
nmt1

Good. I need some advice on purchasing an acoustic/electric. I love the sound of acoustics. The a/e have their own unique sound and I am seriously considering getting one. Probably one w/ cutaway if i ever get any good at playing lead.:-) That's a big IF, for me, Playing lead.

Anyway, if anyone has any good advice on A/E let me know. :-)
[Reply]
headsnap 09:58 AM 11-24-2002
welcome aboard booger.:-)
[Reply]
booger 10:25 AM 11-24-2002
Thanks headsnap

I'll keep checkin back for advice from time to time from the local guitar experts but its gameday! I Better let this thread slide a bit. :-)

Thanks again :-)

Go Chiefs!!!
[Reply]
PRIEST 10:55 AM 11-24-2002
I had a serious problem with my Ibanez that the G-string was ALWAYS slightly flat and no amount of fine tuning on the Floyd Rose was ever right...

I just get a truer, deeper sound with a fixed bridge...

Could be the G string saddle is worn, quick fix a pice of cardboard under the string will help, what happens is the the string is hitting the fret.
[Reply]
PRIEST 11:06 AM 11-24-2002
nmt1

Good. I need some advice on purchasing an acoustic/electric. I love the sound of acoustics. The a/e have their own unique sound and I am seriously considering getting one. Probably one w/ cutaway if i ever get any good at playing lead. That's a big IF, for me, Playing lead.

Anyway, if anyone has any good advice on A/E let me know.

www.musicians's friend.com

Good site, the real thing about picking out a guitar is to get out and play as many in you price range as you can:-)
[Reply]
nmt1 12:02 PM 11-25-2002
Originally Posted by :
Originally posted by PRIEST
I had a serious problem with my Ibanez that the G-string was ALWAYS slightly flat and no amount of fine tuning on the Floyd Rose was ever right...

I just get a truer, deeper sound with a fixed bridge...

Could be the G string saddle is worn, quick fix a pice of cardboard under the string will help, what happens is the the string is hitting the fret.
That's funny. I think the G string on my Ibanez sounds a little off, flat I guess. It could be just me though. I started taking lessons on an accoustic that sounded off too. Maybe G just doesn't agree with my brain.:-)
[Reply]
nmt1 12:03 PM 11-25-2002
Originally Posted by :
Originally posted by booger
nmt1

Good. I need some advice on purchasing an acoustic/electric. I love the sound of acoustics. The a/e have their own unique sound and I am seriously considering getting one. Probably one w/ cutaway if i ever get any good at playing lead.:-) That's a big IF, for me, Playing lead.

Anyway, if anyone has any good advice on A/E let me know. :-)
I wish I could give you some advice. I like the way they sound too. Wouldn't mind having one.
[Reply]
headsnap 12:09 PM 11-25-2002
Originally Posted by :
Originally posted by nmt1

That's funny. I think the G string... off, flat I guess. It could be just me though.
I hope that's her G-string that is off and not yours.:-)
[Reply]
nmt1 12:25 PM 11-25-2002
Originally Posted by :
Originally posted by headsnap

I hope that's her G-string that is off and not yours.:-)
I originally typed that similar to the way you paraphrased it but realized what would happen if I posted it. I changed it before I submitted the post. You guys have such dirty minds.:-)
[Reply]
Joe Seahawk 12:29 PM 11-25-2002
Joe Satriani did the National anthem on his guitar yesterday at the Seahawks game...It was awesome...I hope Seahawks .com puts in their audio page...

http://www.seahawks.com/ardisplay.aspx?SecID=29&ID=1687
[Reply]
nmt1 12:34 PM 11-25-2002
Originally Posted by :
Originally posted by Joe Seahawk
Joe Satriani did the National anthem on his guitar yesterday at the Seahawks game...It was awesome...I hope Seahawks .com puts in their audio page...

http://www.seahawks.com/ardisplay.aspx?SecID=29&ID=1687
IMO, that's the only good thing that happened in that stadium yesterday.:-)
[Reply]
Lzen 03:53 PM 11-25-2002
Damn you Seattle guys. You get all the good stuff. :-)

booger,
I've been thinking of purchasing an A/E myself. My bud here at work has some Carvin electrics and a Carvin A/E. It is a very nice guitar. It cost about $600-$700. Of course, they have them in all different price ranges. Don't know exactly what price range you're looking for but, I'd go with the Carvin if you can afford it.

www.carvin.com
[Reply]
Page 12 of 19
« First < 289101112 13141516 > Last »
Up