Hall of Classics>****The Official Save Our Chiefs Movement Thread****
pr_capone 12:49 PM 10-01-2012

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Organization:

pr_capone: Paypal / FB / Media Contact
Marty: FB / Twitter / Media Contact
GoChiefs: (Cassel's Reckoning) - FB / Research / Youtube

This team is just plain awful. The only consistently good play on offense comes from Bowe and Charles. Daboll is, I'm sure a great person, but an awful offensive coordinator. While I understand that trying to lead this team is "like trying to drive a car with 4 flat tires"... it is incomprehensible to me how he can misuse the little talent that he does have. Romeo was the right man for the job regarding Belcher. He is still not the guy to coach this team into playoff contention and a Super Bowl.

*****. I hope the rumors of the Titans being interested are true. I hope you did get your walking papers on your recent trip to Dallas. I cannot wait for you to be gone from Kansas City. You took an ailing team and smothered it Cassel, ineffective FA, and bad picks in the draft. Statistically... you are the worst thing to ever happen to Kansas City Chiefs football. I will be thrilled when your termination is announced.

There is still an unresolved issue with the donation from sports nutz and both parties are working to resolve it as quickly as possible. Because I cannot afford to pay for a 2 hour flight by myself... we are only planning on flying a single banner. Effectively, we only have $960ish in the bank until the matter is resolved.

If the funds come available in time for the banner to fly, we will fly a second banner as well.

Donations - Financials
Spoiler!

Archived Opening Posts

First Post - The Banner Is In The Air
Spoiler!

The Banner Is In The Air - 10/17
Spoiler!

10/17 - 11/9
Spoiler!

11/9 - Blackout
Spoiler!

Blackout - Raiders
Spoiler!

[Reply]
BigRedChief 03:47 PM 11-16-2012
Originally Posted by pr_capone:
I understand what you are saing. Perhaps I misspoke. We did not go the route of the billboard in case something changed. For example, Pioli got fired a week into the billboard being up. Had we blown our wad on a billboard, we would have essentially created a message that criticized the organization for 3 weeks for something they already got taken care of.

Conversely, had Clark come out and made a statement, it could have affected the message we wanted to put out. Had Clark given Pioli an ultimatum of win or GTFO, I personally... would not have wanted a semi-permanent message bashing them for an extended period of time.

I understand that people did not donate to give to charity. That was always the fallback for the end run but as it stands, we don't even have enough money to fly but just one more plane. In order to fly the last 2 home games, we will need more donations... so it isn't like I have been holding out on spending just to make sure that there is something to give to charity at the end.
Valid points. But the public doesn't understand our message. We have to do better.

Listened to Fesco this am. Both him and the other guy are on board with SOC but they talked about the misunderstanding of what the SOC was about, what is our goals. Our principles and plan to get there.

Now this isn't SOC's fault. Most Chief fans dont care or know the issues in the detail that we do. But, we need them. Together is powerful. We have us hard core fans on board. We need the other fans that will make a difference and give the perception that its a movement, not a isolated and minority group of fans. We need to think outside of the box to generate publicity.

We are attempting to move a multimillionaire off his position in his business that is making him $30-40 million a year. We have to give him a reason to change his view on our ideas.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 04:34 PM 11-16-2012
Mellinger talking about how the black out will be the most interesting thing to watch for Sunday.
[Reply]
bevischief 05:10 PM 11-16-2012
Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini:
Mellinger talking about how the black out will be the most interesting thing to watch for Sunday.
:-)
[Reply]
BigRedChief 05:35 PM 11-16-2012
Did you guys hear Maas on 810 today? He was talking about SOC. He supports the idea and thinks its a good thing. His big idea for SOC is to get people to agree to an increase in parking fees of say $20 and then 30K agree to that increase and now you have $8 million. SOC goes to Clark Hunt with this $8 million in its pocket and tells Clark we want this guy to come here and here's our money to prove it.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 06:33 PM 11-16-2012
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Did you guys hear Maas on 810 today? He was talking about SOC. He supports the idea and thinks its a good thing. His big idea for SOC is to get people to agree to an increase in parking fees of say $20 and then 30K agree to that increase and now you have $8 million. SOC goes to Clark Hunt with this $8 million in its pocket and tells Clark we want this guy to come here and here's our money to prove it.
Awful idea. Clark gets plenty of our money and can afford to fire Pioli.

Why should WE pay for HIS mistake?
[Reply]
Bearcat 06:50 PM 11-16-2012
Someone is bad at math and Clark should be grateful for every dollar people are spending on that pathetic organization. Not many companies can get away with being so terrible for so long and still be in business, much less have former employees talking on the radio about how we should throw more money at the problem. :-)
[Reply]
1ChiefsDan 06:55 PM 11-16-2012
Billy Bob went on 610 spouting the same shit. Fans should pony up money so CHunt can buy out Pioli. BULLSHIT!

When did Mass become the mouthpiece for CHunt?
[Reply]
BossChief 07:00 PM 11-16-2012
Just a question...how much would we need to raise to get a billboard that just says

SaveOurChiefs.com

We Deserve Better

That would be a worthy expenditure that I'd be absolutely willing to chip in a couple hundy for.
[Reply]
Dayze 07:18 PM 11-16-2012
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Just a question...how much would we need to raise to get a billboard that just says

SaveOurChiefs.com

We Deserve Better

That would be a worthy expenditure that I'd be absolutely willing to chip in a couple handys for.
that would probably cut the costs considerably
[Reply]
pr_capone 09:01 PM 11-16-2012
Updated OP w/new financial report:

Expenditures:
10/7 Banner - $625.00
10/28 Banners - $1,250.00
11/16 Flyers - $375.55
11/16 Banner - $900.00
11/18 Banner - $575.00

Current Paypal Balance: $740.62
Total Donations Received: $4,466.17

-------------

With the banner flying over the Bengals game, we only have enough dough for one more banner (Broncos game) with $115 left over. If we are going to fly the rest of the year, we need to raise another $1,150. Those of you who pledged a second round... we are likely going to need it. WE have yet to determine the amount of donations we are going to get from Sports Nutz from the sale of the shirts. As soon as I have those numbers, I will update again.
[Reply]
pr_capone 09:23 PM 11-16-2012
ps, posted financials on FB
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 09:32 PM 11-16-2012
k will send more in...
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:47 PM 11-16-2012
We could be fighting cancer or feeding the homeless. derp derp
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:20 PM 11-16-2012
Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini:
Awful idea. Clark gets plenty of our money and can afford to fire Pioli.

Why should WE pay for HIS mistake?
I thought it was insane. He's making $30-40 million profit, he's already rich but, if we raised another $8 million to give him, he might listen to SOC and get a player we want in FA? WTF? :-)

Does Maas have a half fried brain from football?
[Reply]
007 10:25 PM 11-16-2012
I thought it was insane. He's making $30-40 million profit, he's already rich but, if we raised another $8 million to give him, he might listen to SOC and get a player we want in FA? WTF? :-)

Does Maas have a half fried brain from football?
One of my favorite memories of Maas during his playing days was when the shitty NE Patriots came to town and he said "all we have to do is show up." and the Chiefs would win. Needless to say we fell behind by 2 TDs early in that game and didn't take the lead until the 4th qtr.
[Reply]
Page 410 of 603
« First < 310360400406407408409410 411412413414420460510 > Last »
Up