ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 16
< 123 456713 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>NFL likely banning hip-drop tackle
oaklandhater 03:13 PM 03-20-2024

The NFL competition committee has proposed a new rule that would penalize a player with a 15-yard penalty and grant the opposition an automatic first down for using the hip-drop tackle to bring a runner to the ground.

This is the definition of a hip-drop tackle:
(a) grabs the… pic.twitter.com/yL7peCR8gS

— Ari Meirov (@MySportsUpdate) March 20, 2024

YAC gods will go crazy
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:21 PM 03-20-2024
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Yeah, refs will fuck it up like everything else they touch.
Yeah - but this one should be a fairly easy one to 'unteach'.

I think it'll be a fairly short-term headache.
[Reply]
dlphg9 04:30 PM 03-20-2024
Yay more rules that are open to officials interpretation! Love it! Gives them an easy out.
[Reply]
jdubya 04:30 PM 03-20-2024
Originally Posted by ModSocks:
They need to ban the tackling of Patrick Mahomes, that's what they need to do. ****ing around with all this pissant shit. Get to the real meat and potatoes.
They already have.................

I kid I kid

Back to topic...the refs are losing the battle already trying to interpret the already too many rules in place. Lets just keep adding subjective rules to the mix, surely the refs will get better
[Reply]
Kman34 04:32 PM 03-20-2024
I’ve always liked Hip Hop.. Players should get to listen to whatever they want..
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 04:43 PM 03-20-2024
They're going to sell advertising on the flags, for closeups
[Reply]
wazu 04:46 PM 03-20-2024
So once again, this happens to us in a playoff game two years ago and nobody cares. Mahomes plays on one leg through three games including the Super Bowl because of it, and nobody feels any need to change NFL rules. Did this happen to a non-Chief or something?
[Reply]
stevieray 04:50 PM 03-20-2024
Trying to tackle, not rope a calf.

Every time I see it employed, I always think the player is going get hurt.
[Reply]
kysirsoze 04:52 PM 03-20-2024
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
Offensive player has a choice to go down when someone is on their back. Defensive player putting all his weight on the runner is appropriate. If you are worried about getting g hurt, go the fuck down.
What you are describing isn't a hip drop tackle or the definition. I'm not saying they'll get it right, but putting your weight on a player from behind is still legal.
[Reply]
irafreak 04:54 PM 03-20-2024
Was the tackle that Sneed attempted to make on the last 49ers touchdown a hip drop tackle? He grabbed him and dropped his weight didn't he? If so, well it didn't work anyway...
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 04:55 PM 03-20-2024
Originally Posted by Pepe Silvia:
No more throwing or catching the football either.
I never understood this interpretation as if watching replacement players throw and catch is a better alternative. I hate that the interpretation of the rule is gonna probably be botched. But keeping good players on the field is a million times better than them being hurt.

Last year's playoffs watching mahomes vs Allen and lamar and Purdy... That's way more beautiful than not regulating tackling.
[Reply]
Rausch 04:56 PM 03-20-2024
Originally Posted by wazu:
So once again, this happens to us in a playoff game two years ago and nobody cares. Mahomes plays on one leg through three games including the Super Bowl because of it, and nobody feels any need to change NFL rules. Did this happen to a non-Chief or something?
The NFL has been trying to play flag football for years.
[Reply]
MagicHef 05:04 PM 03-20-2024
Originally Posted by wazu:
Mark Andrews
[Reply]
KCUnited 05:12 PM 03-20-2024
Still will always seem worth it unless they go the NCAA targeting route and even then it might be
[Reply]
jd1020 05:12 PM 03-20-2024
How many times has Josh Allen been tackled like this?
[Reply]
PHOG 05:16 PM 03-20-2024
Wait, what does Gene Steratore think?

[Reply]
Page 3 of 16
< 123 456713 > Last »
Up