ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2001 of 4820
« First < 1001150119011951199119971998199920002001 200220032004200520112051210125013001 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 09:19 AM 09-05-2018
Originally Posted by TEX:
I get what you're saying bro. The $$$ manipulates the innocence of fair play. However, personally I think that rules should still be important at the highest levels of competition - But you're right in that they're not. And it's NOT just in the NFL. College Football is even more corrupt. :-)
Denver would not have made the playoffs Manning s last year if it wasn't for selective enforcement officiating . The game at Arrowhead that year was a crock of shit. Officials has called illegal contact EVERY time they were about stopped the final tying drive. Phantom flags in other close games as well. Funny they don't get those the last few years...
[Reply]
ClevelandBronco 09:20 AM 09-05-2018
Originally Posted by TEX:
Only applies to them though. Pretty sure, based on what has been said here over the years, that most of them feel much different when said cheating involves the Patriots. :-)
Pshaw. The Bellichick/Brady/Kraft convergence has been the best happenstance the league has ever had the good fortune to witness. I enjoy watching that team succeed.

The NFL just singles out the Patriots once in a while for undue punishment to keep other teams' fans interested. Deflategate was a farce, but the league apparently must have thought a farce was in order.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 09:21 AM 09-05-2018
Denver has basically been a six win team for most of their existence propped by multiple cheap wins a year. Mostly pile high aided, but a few Papa aided...
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 09:23 AM 09-05-2018
They got off lightly for blatantly doctoring footballs. Slap on the wrist for being impossible to fumble.
[Reply]
TEX 09:25 AM 09-05-2018
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
The early thin air advantage isn't even an argument. Even as bad as Denver was last year they are still nearly unbeatable the first month at home and we saw how big of a dogshit team they were after that advantage passed...They obliterated a not fully conditioned Dallas team then the true Broncos roster took shape :-)
And you NAILED it right there. The lack of conditioning early on is the main issue / reason. Many Dallas players complained that they were physically spent early on and couldn't recover like they normally could. I believe Prescott said it was like his "lungs were on fire." Or something like that. In any case, if they don't have a ridiculously home skewed early season schedule last year - they don't even win 5 games.

On a personal note - I've been to Denver, Albuquerque, Salt Lake City and a few other high altitude places and I can definitely feel the effects of the altitude when I do any form of physical activity early on. It takes me a couple days to get used to it - then I'm fine. Funny thing is if I stay for several weeks, I feel stronger when I get back home for a day or so.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 09:34 AM 09-05-2018
Yeah they take a bit of that advantage on the road too after their annual opening two home games. Trouble is that shit roster can't capitalize without the full advantage :-) Helped win them a fixed Papaweiser Bowl though...

Playing in that air definitely gives a small season long advantage too has anyone that ever lived or trained in altitude know.
[Reply]
ClevelandBronco 09:37 AM 09-05-2018
A guy that should be a Browns fan pretending to be a Broncos fan on a Chiefs board :-) :-)
Why would I be a Browns fan? The Browns team I grew up watching is the Ravens.

Regardless, I don't think of myself as a fan of any team. I watch football sometimes.
[Reply]
TEX 09:37 AM 09-05-2018
Denver would not have made the playoffs Manning s last year if it wasn't for selective enforcement officiating . The game at Arrowhead that year was a crock of shit. Officials has called illegal contact EVERY time they were about stopped the final tying drive. Phantom flags in other close games as well. Funny they don't get those the last few years...
Oh - I agree. But I still think they would have made the playoffs, because their defense was historically good, but would not have had home field. There were several others they won in that fashion too. (Much like the Raiders of 2016.) The MNF against the Patriots, with Brock as QB, comes to mind. New England stopped them late in the game deep in New England Territory - then the phantom" Illegal Contact" was called to give them another chance to score. They did. Game Over (Blatant Offensive Holding was ignored in the process). Brock even made the cover of SI with the caption "BROCK ON!" Donx owned the tie-breaker which later came into play in the playoffs.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 09:49 AM 09-05-2018
Brocklisberger was even enough in thin air :-) No wonder they think Keesum and Chud are golden gods
[Reply]
tooge 09:49 AM 09-05-2018
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
Kinda weird... I think there are varying opinions on the infractions with the salary cap. I don't recall reading anything that stated the Broncos were able to retain an advantage by having more/better players because of the payments issue. It was a cash flow infraction, not a salary cap infraction that allowed them to retain players they couldn't afford or paying under the table outside their contracts. But, again.. I'm not going to change opinions nor do I care to do so quite honestly.

They were caught doing something that the league deemed wrong with the payments and they were fined and lost picks. I have no issues with that and never claimed to having issues with it.
Point is, that they WERE able to retain players that they wouldn't have if they played by the rules. Several of those players, namely Davis, Sharp, and Elway, were the keys to the team. So, you can choose to not relive it, but the truth is, the broncos cheated to keep players that ultimately got them to two superbowls. The Chiefs get a 3rd round pick taken away for tampering, which gains them nothing, and the broncos get a 3rd round pick taken in exchange for cheating to get to 2 superbowls. Now, you tell me, does that seem equitable?
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 09:50 AM 09-05-2018
So it looks like a pile high mountain of evidence proves that Denver's record over the years is a mirage.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:03 AM 09-05-2018
http://amp.si.com/nfl/2018/09/05/joh...mpression=true

Wow this is an interesting story on Elway. After reading this, it’s no wonder why he picked Brock and Lynch. All he cared about was the arm and not the mental part of a prospect.

Coincidentally what he’s looking for is a strong armed QB who is prepared and very bright with a strong work ethic.

Sounds like the QB he’s looking for is Patrick Mahomes :-)
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 10:13 AM 09-05-2018
Originally Posted by RunKC:

Wow this is an interesting story on Elway. After reading this, it’s no wonder why he picked Brock and Lynch. All he cared about was the arm and not the mental part of a prospect.

Coincidentally what he’s looking for is a strong armed QB who is prepared and very bright with a strong work ethic.

Sounds like the QB he’s looking for is Patrick Mahomes :-)
After this year there's going to be 9 other teams pissed they didn't draft him when they had the chance and 22 other teams pissed they didn't trade up to get him.
[Reply]
ptlyon 10:18 AM 09-05-2018
Originally Posted by RunKC:

That's because he's as dumb as a box of hair himself
[Reply]
TEX 10:29 AM 09-05-2018
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
Kinda weird... I think there are varying opinions on the infractions with the salary cap. I don't recall reading anything that stated the Broncos were able to retain an advantage by having more/better players because of the payments issue. It was a cash flow infraction, not a salary cap infraction that allowed them to retain players they couldn't afford or paying under the table outside their contracts. But, again.. I'm not going to change opinions nor do I care to do so quite honestly.

They were caught doing something that the league deemed wrong with the payments and they were fined and lost picks. I have no issues with that and never claimed to having issues with it.
Kinda weird... That only you and other Broncos fans don't see how freeing up cash flow (Let's say that again - FREEING UP CASH FLOW) could be an advantage. :-)

The funny thing is that it was Al Davis who busted your asses. :-)
[Reply]
Page 2001 of 4820
« First < 1001150119011951199119971998199920002001 200220032004200520112051210125013001 > Last »
Up