ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 160 of 173
« First < 60110150156157158159160 161162163164170 > Last »
In Memoriam>Good news [Lonewolf Ed]
Lonewolf Ed 04:51 PM 01-24-2015
I thought I'd start a new thread for updates on my cancer treatments and whatever else is going on, since the bad news thread title is misleading now.

My last treatment went better than the previous two and my chest wound is still closed up, which is a good thing. My arm is getting slightly stronger and I hope to resume lifting dumbbells next week. I need to build up my strength again, because I am going back to Denmark in May and I am extremely pumped about that! I'd like to be able to schlepp my own checked bag and not have someone else lifting it for me.

It's going to be a fabulous trip, 6 weeks and a couple of days for me. My brother is going along as well as my friends Chipp and Rod. Chipp is staying close to 3 weeks and has not gone with me over there since 2006 so he is also very pumped to be going. It will be Rod's first trip and he will be there for 2 weeks. I will get to be a tour guide. Also, I am throwing a party in my favorite pub of all, the wonderful, ever-magnificent Irish House in Aalborg on May 7th. The owner and I are friends and he will give me a little discount. We'll have Irish stew and brews in the cellar and I hope to have around 25 family and friends there. I might bill it as the "Fu** Cancer Party." A few months back, I was not sure I'd ever be able to go over to Denmark again or if I'd even be alive, but the cancer hasn't gotten me yet. I'm doing a number on it, instead.

Some other cool things I plan to do when I am back in my ancestral lands include a wine tasting in a castle, touring another castle and the northernmost manor home in the country, and visiting Skagen, the top of Denmark, where you can stand on a little patch of beach and have one foot in one sea and one in another. They also have a brewpub up there I am wanting to check out. I will start and end my trip in Aalborg and spend 5 weeks in an apartment I rent that is very close to the beach. I can hardly wait for May 4th to roll around!
[Reply]
ChiefGator 07:48 AM 04-17-2017
Not sure what the prayers of this sinner will do, but you have my thoughts and prayers. I prayed that your final days would go as easily as possible and that I might show the strength, resolve, and faith in my battles that you have shown in yours. God bless, man.
[Reply]
CaliforniaChief 12:52 PM 04-17-2017
This thread needs to be in the HOC. Ed, you'll soon join the Hall of Faith (Hebrews 11) and I'm honored to know you.
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 05:37 PM 04-17-2017
As most of you know, the Irish House in Aalborg is my favorite pub and means far more to me than a great place to have a beer. Day or night, I loved being there. A sign as you come in reads "your home away from home" and that is exactly what it is. Built in 1616, it oozes historic charm and the details of the wood carving inside shows true craftsmanship and artistic ability. Jerome, the owner, and I are not acquantances, but good friends. I am honored to know him. We spoke this morning and he said he will find a spot for me to put a plaque and my photo is in a rotation on the big screen. He said, you will always be a part of this place and I want people to know who you are. You will not be forgotten. Jerome, you made my day and then some.

If any of you should ever find yourselves in Aalborg, Denmark, be sure to stop in at the Irish House and have the best fish and chips in town or a delightful Irish stew. I recommend a pint of Carlsberg to go with either. Tell them Ed sent you!
[Reply]
GloryDayz 05:54 PM 04-17-2017
Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed:
As most of you know, the Irish House in Aalborg is my favorite pub and means far more to me than a great place to have a beer. Day or night, I loved being there. A sign as you come in reads "your home away from home" and that is exactly what it is. Built in 1616, it oozes historic charm and the details of the wood carving inside shows true craftsmanship and artistic ability. Jerome, the owner, and I are not acquantances, but good friends. I am honored to know him. We spoke this morning and he said he will find a spot for me to put a plaque and my photo is in a rotation on the big screen. He said, you will always be a part of this place and I want people to know who you are. You will not be forgotten. Jerome, you made my day and then some.

If any of you should ever find yourselves in Aalborg, Denmark, be sure to stop in at the Irish House and have the best fish and chips in town or a delightful Irish stew. I recommend a pint of Carlsberg to go with either. Tell them Ed sent you!
On the list... Looks fun!

http://theirishhouse.dk/

And I'm Irish too....
[Reply]
Buehler445 06:03 PM 04-17-2017
It warms my heart to know you're still with us.
[Reply]
DaFace 06:13 PM 04-17-2017
That's awesome, Ed. Keep on keepin' on. Glad you're able to hang around with us for a while longer at least.
[Reply]
Easy 6 07:01 PM 04-17-2017

Aalborg to middle America, and wherever in between... Fast Eddie Ragnarok makes a big impression wherever he goes
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 08:45 PM 04-17-2017
You've touched a lot of lives, brother. God Bless.
[Reply]
ChiefsOne 08:59 PM 04-17-2017

I'm going to Copenhagen in June, the people I'm am going to see was in Alaborg this past weekend. If I can squeeze it in, I'll go there and have a drink and salute to you!
[Reply]
Nickhead 05:37 AM 04-18-2017

[Reply]
DaNewGuy 10:20 AM 04-19-2017
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
You've touched a lot of lives, brother. God Bless.
:-) Idon't post much anymore but you were always in my thoughts ed. I'm a pussy sometimes about small things and wish I could have some of the courage and perspective you do.
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 02:21 PM 04-19-2017
Originally Posted by DaNewGuy:
:-) Idon't post much anymore but you were always in my thoughts ed. I'm a pussy sometimes about small things and wish I could have some of the courage and perspective you do.
Just look within you, let me inspire you as needed, but don't think of yourself as a pussy. Explore your inner strengths instead because every tiny drop of positivity builds up, as does negativity. Like a pot of water, sometimes just a little drop of negativity will spill over if the pot was fed negative feelings and thoughts. Don't shrug it off as just a little drop in bucket. Let that positive pan fill up, even a drop at a time. In that case if the thing overflows and makes a puddle, it's a good thing. Drink some down, fill 'er up again! It does make a true difference. Simply speaking, life is a series of choices, some good and some bad. It is of course much more complex than that, but it is the core of things. Some choices are easy, and others hard when the options are bad choice and even worse choice. Life is such a precious gift and we deserve peace, joy, and love in all our lives. Often it is an internal battle, but that is an obstacle we face and so worth the fight to have those good things. Arm and strengthen yourself with positivity because negativity can not prevail over that. Say to yourself, that negative force is blocking me from things that are MINE and I will have them back because I deserve them. Then head in and win that battlefield over and take what is yours back. You will feel the difference in your personal outlook and your being. It's powerful stuff.
[Reply]
Easy 6 02:31 PM 04-19-2017
You sound as lucid and intelligent as ever, Fast Eddie... are you staying comfortable?
[Reply]
kccrow 06:36 PM 04-19-2017
My cajones are nothing to boast of these days, but I know what you meant! Early on after my diagnosis, I told the doctor that I could just put my 9mm to my head or swan dive off of the roof of a parking lot, but I am a Christian and do not want the last thing I do on this earth to be a sin. I never really prayed so much for being cured but mostly that I would be granted to keep my faith no matter what lay ahead, because if I do that to the end, then I win this war with cancer. It dies when I die and in my mind I will be the one who kills it. I won't let the cancer see me die. As far as I am concerned, it will go first, I will take steps in victory away from its foul carcass in defiance and victory before I drop over. Once I cross over, I know that the reason why I went through what I did will be made known to me and I will then say, "Oh, now I understand. Thank you, Father, for putting that task upon me and I pray that I have pleased You in how I dealt with it."
Always a first class man. Keep up the faith Ed, and I keep praying for you.
[Reply]
scho63 06:47 PM 04-19-2017
Just look within you, let me inspire you as needed, but don't think of yourself as a pussy. Explore your inner strengths instead because every tiny drop of positivity builds up, as does negativity. Like a pot of water, sometimes just a little drop of negativity will spill over if the pot was fed negative feelings and thoughts. Don't shrug it off as just a little drop in bucket. Let that positive pan fill up, even a drop at a time. In that case if the thing overflows and makes a puddle, it's a good thing. Drink some down, fill 'er up again! It does make a true difference. Simply speaking, life is a series of choices, some good and some bad. It is of course much more complex than that, but it is the core of things. Some choices are easy, and others hard when the options are bad choice and even worse choice. Life is such a precious gift and we deserve peace, joy, and love in all our lives. Often it is an internal battle, but that is an obstacle we face and so worth the fight to have those good things. Arm and strengthen yourself with positivity because negativity can not prevail over that. Say to yourself, that negative force is blocking me from things that are MINE and I will have them back because I deserve them. Then head in and win that battlefield over and take what is yours back. You will feel the difference in your personal outlook and your being. It's powerful stuff.
:-):-):-):-)

This post speaks volume to the great character and wonderful human being that is Lonewolf Ed. Sorry I never met you when I was in Olathe for Christmas and KC with GBlowfish.
[Reply]
Page 160 of 173
« First < 60110150156157158159160 161162163164170 > Last »
Up