ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 63 of 200
« First < 13535960616263 6465666773113163 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****2018-2019 Official NBA Regular season thread****
dirk digler 05:23 PM 10-16-2018
Didn't see anybody starting this thread so I guess I will.

Anti climatic season starts tonight and my prediction is GS vs Boston in the NBA Finals.

First 2 Games tonight on TNT with Philly vs Boston and OKC vs GS. Westbrook is out tonight so that game will be a blowout most likely.
[Reply]
Mecca 09:29 AM 05-15-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
The colluding to make super teams kinda sucks, but you've always needed 2 or 3 superstars to win championships in the NBA.

I don't think that's really changed all that much.

Look back at some of the Celtics teams, Lakers teams etc.

People are just upset that they weren't built thru the draft I guess.
Outside of Durant that Golden State team was essentially home grown and they turned some players that were thought done into good role players.
[Reply]
TEX 09:32 AM 05-15-2019
The colluding to make super teams kinda sucks, but you've always needed 2 or 3 superstars to win championships in the NBA.

True to a point, but the Warriors were pretty much built through the draft. But back to your Superstar point - That's why I loved the Rockets 1st NBA Championship team that consisted of only one true Superstar in Olajuwon, and other very good drafted role players.

Otis Thorpe
Robert Horry
Kenny Smith
Mario Elie
Vernon Maxwell
Sam Cassell

Very good role players, but Olajuwon was the only true Superstar - but he was something else!
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:33 AM 05-15-2019

I don't know if the nba thinks it's cute or entertaining for games to basically become three point prayer ball shootouts, but that shit has got to stop. Bring back handchecking and enforce illegal picks. Move the three point line back. I cringe at the thought of young kids not learning how to drive or post up, but just spending hours heaving up three point shots. And what that will eventually do to the game of basketball.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 09:35 AM 05-15-2019
...yet Bundy still whines and pisses his pants every game
[Reply]
Al Bundy 10:04 AM 05-15-2019
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
Detroit
Chicago
Houston
Spurs

4 teams in 10 years..Not too bad.
6 of the 10 were won by 1 team and if Jordan hadn't gone to baseball they would have won 8.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 10:08 AM 05-15-2019
Originally Posted by Al Bundy:
6 of the 10 were won by 1 team and if Jordan hadn't gone to baseball they would have won 8.
They may have but Rockers would have given them all they could handle.

Bulls weren't close to as dominating as the current Warriors are. Durant is the Warriors best player, he gets hurt and they haven't missed a beat. Imagine if MJ got hurt what would happen to the Bulls.
[Reply]
TEX 10:12 AM 05-15-2019
Originally Posted by Al Bundy:
That's what many think, but we'll never know for sure. That '94 Rockets team was very good and mentally tough. Just ask Phoenix. The Bulls may have beaten them, but it would have gone the distance and the Rockets just might have won it. However, what we do know that Jordan was back with the Bulls for the Rocket's 2nd Championship in '95. He missed most of the season, but he did play that year from March on.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:19 AM 05-15-2019
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
I don't know if the nba thinks it's cute or entertaining for games to basically become three point prayer ball shootouts, but that shit has got to stop. Bring back handchecking and enforce illegal picks. Move the three point line back. I cringe at the thought of young kids not learning how to drive or post up, but just spending hours heaving up three point shots. And what that will eventually do to the game of basketball.
Even if you changed those rules teams would still shoot a bunch of 3's, it's an analytical shift in the game.

When you have teams that can just rain 3's like Golden State for example, it goes a long way to making having a big man or even playing one not as important. The style that is being played in the NBA today probably would have made someone like Shaq not as important, it's a style that is not going to go away.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 10:48 AM 05-15-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Even if you changed those rules teams would still shoot a bunch of 3's, it's an analytical shift in the game.

When you have teams that can just rain 3's like Golden State for example, it goes a long way to making having a big man or even playing one not as important. The style that is being played in the NBA today probably would have made someone like Shaq not as important, it's a style that is not going to go away.
Idk Shaq may have been an exception unless you double him his FG% would be ridiculously high. Pretty sure he would dominate in any era.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 11:00 AM 05-15-2019
Golden State would still be the best team, but they would be huge curtailed by actually calling illegal picks. They do it more than any team I've ever seen. If you also account for the fact that any other player that acted like Draymond would be tossed from every game, officiating does help them substantially.

I like the idea of moving the line back to 25 feet and getting rid of the corner three altogether. When players are so ingrained to shoot threes that they're passing up lightly contested layups for a kick out, there's a problem.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 11:04 AM 05-15-2019
This decade has had 6 different champions.
[Reply]
dirk digler 11:47 AM 05-15-2019
Originally Posted by bricks:
No.

In order to beat Golden State you need 3 or 4 superstars. Plain and simple.
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Portland doesn't have the talent to do much of anything here. Their bigs can also be exploited so easily on the defensive end and the Warriors didn't even pick on them as much as they could have tonight. Dame could just go off one game, but it's still a sweep if they want it to be.

As far as the Finals, the Bucks and Raptors have one superstar and some other decent players but it's been shown the last two years with the GOAT that that isn't anywhere near enough to even make a dent against the Durant Warriors (although LeBron didn't even have decent players last season, he just had a collection of scrubs).

All I am saying is if you want to have a chance to beat GS you have to be physical with them especially Curry. We have seen that in the series against the Rockets and Cavs. You can't do what Portland did last night and not make them work, I don't think they even broke a sweat.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 12:20 PM 05-15-2019
Originally Posted by bricks:
NBA is a league of collusion.

I remember when GS lost to Cleveland in the finals, Draymond calls up KD to ask him to join the team so they could beat Cleveland the following year. Its a ****ing joke dude.

Then when Cousins signed with them for a discounted price I shook my head in disgust. But then I started laughing after and said what kind of a league is this? I was actually happy that he got hurt. Even when KD went down. I hope he stays down and breaks his ankle. I hate the bastard. ****ing sellout.

**** those bastards and everything about GS. They make the league a joke. Michael Jordan is the one guy I respect b/c he came out and said that the problem w/ the league is that there is an imbalance in competition. Well gee I wonder why? The Draymond Greens and the KD promote that! Where is the rest of the league. Same shit different year fellas. Enjoy the same result. Im gonna yawn at this. Time for bed.
The Warriors draft really well and exist under the same salary cap rules as everyone else.

You’re going to be super disappointed when you find out the Chiefs added Clark and honey badger.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 12:23 PM 05-15-2019

The Warriors were, literally, built through the draft.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 12:25 PM 05-15-2019
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Golden State would still be the best team, but they would be huge curtailed by actually calling illegal picks. They do it more than any team I've ever seen. If you also account for the fact that any other player that acted like Draymond would be tossed from every game, officiating does help them substantially.

I like the idea of moving the line back to 25 feet and getting rid of the corner three altogether. When players are so ingrained to shoot threes that they're passing up lightly contested layups for a kick out, there's a problem.
I agree with this. It's getting way out of hand. NBA is turning into a glorified 3-pt contest. It's pretty bad.
[Reply]
Page 63 of 200
« First < 13535960616263 6465666773113163 > Last »
Up