ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 244 of 2694
« First < 144194234240241242243244 2452462472482542943447441244 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:52 AM 07-03-2017
Originally Posted by KC Tattoo:
I think odds of PMII plays this season > not playing this season.

1) He should beat out Tyler Bray during TC and preseason for the #2 slot

2) Alex Smith injurious prone with concussions likely to happen & or holding the offense back that holds the team back.

3) Hard work determination learning the playbook and if he can read the defense he may get the opportunities to get on the field.

It's plausible.
It's not plausible. Pat Mahomes is 21 years old. Here's a list of 21 year old's that started in the NFL. Most of these guys got freakin' killed their rookie season.

Only 2 played in a Super Bowl and none of them won a Super Bowl. Also, this list doesn't include Johnny Manziel.

There is absolutely no reason to rush Mahomes.

[Reply]
penbrook 11:15 AM 07-03-2017
Brett Favre says he would love to coach Mahomes but says at this moment he can't because of his daughter who is a freshman at southern miss
[Reply]
KChiefs1 11:42 AM 07-03-2017
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
It's not plausible. Pat Mahomes is 21 years old. Here's a list of 21 year old's that started in the NFL. Most of these guys got freakin' killed their rookie season.

Only 2 played in a Super Bowl and none of them won a Super Bowl. Also, this list doesn't include Johnny Manziel.

There is absolutely no reason to rush Mahomes.

Mahomes will be 22 years old by the 2nd game of the season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
RunKC 12:02 PM 07-03-2017
Any chance Mahomes has of playing this year will be seen at camp and preseason.

He's been reworking his mechanics and learning the playbook for 2 months. Now it's time to see how much progress he's made.

I still think the best case scenario (barring an Alex injury) from a fan perspective is Mahomes showing well in camp/preseason and starting in December with 3/4 games at home.
[Reply]
penbrook 12:04 PM 07-03-2017
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Any chance Mahomes has of playing this year will be seen at camp and preseason.

He's been reworking his mechanics and learning the playbook for 2 months. Now it's time to see how much progress he's made.

I still think the best case scenario (barring an Alex injury) from a fan perspective is Mahomes showing well in camp/preseason and starting in December with 3/4 games at home.
Yea if we're not in playoff contention. But we will be so I don't want to see Mahomes on the field at all. I say Bray is the #2. He knows the system
[Reply]
Rasputin 12:11 PM 07-03-2017
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Dude, they're NOT going to reduce Alex Smith's camp or practice reps for Pat Mahomes. That's just not happening.

This is a redshirt year for Mahomes, plain and simple. He'll either have a chance to compete for the #1 spot next year or Smith will be cut outright and the spot given to Mahomes.

But they're not going to evenly split reps, especially during the season, between Mahomes and Smith.

FWIW, Tyler Bray has NEVER taken a regular season practice snap.

Never.
I am perfectly fine with PMII sitting a year. I have disappointing expectations for this season under Alex Smith and when he goes down for injury crash and burn with Tyler Bray. This year is a throw away season we really count on Justin Houston to stay healthy anyways if we have a chance at a run at going to the playoffs.

I'm cool with what ever. However I don't buy for a second that a player like Tyreek Hill wouldn't want to have time with PMII throwing to him going balls deep even if it's after practice and they do it on their own accord. I never said PMII would take practice reps from Alex Smith. I do think he is more than capable of taking over the #2 spot from Tyler Bray but I even agree with you if they are just wanting him to sit just to sit and learn he is a child learning how to ride a bike with training wheels I get it.

We are seriously fucked if Alex Smith goes down and Tyler Bray has to step in. So they may take a flyer on another vet QB if AS goes down but odds are he won't make it 16 continuous games.

Are we really going count on Tyler Bray if/when Alex Smith goes down with injury?
[Reply]
RunKC 12:12 PM 07-03-2017
Originally Posted by penbrook:
Yea if we're not in playoff contention. But we will be so I don't want to see Mahomes on the field at all. I say Bray is the #2. He knows the system
No way in hell is Bray getting the scout team reps in practice over Mahomes.
[Reply]
penbrook 12:19 PM 07-03-2017
No way in hell is Bray getting the scout team reps in practice over Mahomes.
Well right now Bray is the #2. We will see what unfolds during training camp
[Reply]
Halfcan 12:26 PM 07-03-2017
Since when? :-)
[Reply]
penbrook 12:32 PM 07-03-2017
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
Since when? :-)
He's been here for several years now. Even though he's been hurt he's taken the reps during training camp, has played in pre season, has had the playbook for several years now. He knows the system
[Reply]
RunKC 01:30 PM 07-03-2017
Well right now Bray is the #2. We will see what unfolds during training camp
There is no way in hell that Bray is taking scout reps over Mahomes. They aren't gonna sit Mahomes all year without any practice.
[Reply]
penbrook 01:34 PM 07-03-2017
There is no way in hell that Bray is taking scout reps over Mahomes. They aren't gonna sit Mahomes all year without any practice.
We will see come training camp time. But as of right now the depth chart has Bray as the #2
[Reply]
Halfcan 01:45 PM 07-03-2017
He's been here for several years now. Even though he's been hurt he's taken the reps during training camp, has played in pre season, has had the playbook for several years now. He knows the system
Bray sure didn't look like he knew the system last year in preseason- he looked lost. But Andy must have seen something to make him #2. :-)
[Reply]
Rasputin 01:46 PM 07-03-2017
Yeah, unless they can come up with a viable option than Tyler Bray to backup Alex Smith I'm going keep the notion that it's plausible PMII plays this year. It maybe later this year but it's plausible.

Also I'm going keep the notion that at some point in practice during TC PMII will go balls deep to Tyreek Hill and to think otherwise is ignorant. I mean it's competition for the WRs and they will be sprinting down field no matter who is throwing the damn ball. Why also wouldn't the coaches want to see the possibilities of the duo hook up just to give themselves a hard on?
[Reply]
RunKC 01:50 PM 07-03-2017
Originally Posted by KC Tattoo:
Yeah, unless they can come up with a viable option than Tyler Bray to backup Alex Smith I'm going keep the notion that it's plausible PMII plays this year. It maybe later this year but it's plausible.

Also I'm going keep the notion that at some point in practice during TC PMII will go balls deep to Tyreek Hill and to think otherwise is ignorant. I mean it's competition for the WRs and they will be sprinting down field no matter who is throwing the damn ball. Why also wouldn't the coaches want to see the possibilities of the duo hook up just to give themselves a hard on?
Mahomes will not get 1 rep with the first string unless Alex gets hurt. They aren't going to have that distraction.
[Reply]
Page 244 of 2694
« First < 144194234240241242243244 2452462472482542943447441244 > Last »
Up