ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2237 of 2688
« First < 1237173721372187222722332234223522362237 2238223922402241224722872337 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
RunKC 08:54 AM 08-10-2022
The Chiefs offense in 2014 averaged 22 PPG me that was without a single TD to a WR from Alex Smith. Look back at the early years of Andy in Philly and he had garbage at WR the years before DeSean Jackson (only good with TO for a short time).

If that shit offense from 2014 can average 22 PPG with a bad OL and WR’s + Alex, then we can definitely average around 30 with this years crew
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:59 AM 08-10-2022
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
No offense in the history of the NFL has ever been elite without Tyreek Hill. Ever.

Do you have Tyreek? You're elite. Don't have Tyreek? You're not elite.

May as well bring back Alex, run the ball, and play defense.
hyperbole

i appreciate the chiefs have a plan in the post-tyreek era, and i 100% see that plan as an offense that is grittier and more consistent instead of having extreme highs and lows

we became quite good at executing 10 to 14 play drives last season and now we have the personnel to do that at an even higher level

think rich gannon throwing to brown and rice and dumping it to garner and winning mvp, frustrating defenses with his elite scrambling ability...that's why i often compare mahomes running style to gannon, very similar

we already have our tyrone wheatley in ronald jones, and MVS can play the jerry porter role

this is going to be an offense that just laughs at two high and dropping eight
[Reply]
ThaVirus 10:06 AM 08-10-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
The Chiefs offense in 2014 averaged 22 PPG me that was without a single TD to a WR from Alex Smith. Look back at the early years of Andy in Philly and he had garbage at WR the years before DeSean Jackson (only good with TO for a short time).

If that shit offense from 2014 can average 22 PPG with a bad OL and WR’s + Alex, then we can definitely average around 30 with this years crew
This is what gives me hope.

Reid was able to field top 10 scoring offenses with Alex Smith throwing to guys like Junior Hemingway and Donnie Avery.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:49 AM 08-10-2022
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
This is what gives me hope.

Reid was able to field top 10 scoring offenses with Alex Smith throwing to guys like Junior Hemingway and Donnie Avery.
But not because of the offense. Because the defense set up the offense.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 11:24 AM 08-10-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Yeah in 2014 our defense was fucking on fire.....
[Reply]
KChiefs1 12:35 PM 08-10-2022
Every fucking Chiefs segment on every network begins, "Chiefs don't have Tyreek Hill anymore..."

I'm pretty sure every Chiefs game broadcast is going to begin that way, too. Al Michaels gets the mic after Carrie Underwood does her shitty song and says, "Welcome to Kansas City! Now, the Chiefs lost Tyreek Hill in the offseason. Chris, how are they doing without him?"

It will probably be that way all year.

It’s going to be the national narrative…well it already is the narrative. Every news spot about the Chiefs has always had “there’s no Hill” narrative.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
RealSNR 01:24 PM 08-10-2022
hyperbole

i appreciate the chiefs have a plan in the post-tyreek era, and i 100% see that plan as an offense that is grittier and more consistent instead of having extreme highs and lows

we became quite good at executing 10 to 14 play drives last season and now we have the personnel to do that at an even higher level

think rich gannon throwing to brown and rice and dumping it to garner and winning mvp, frustrating defenses with his elite scrambling ability...that's why i often compare mahomes running style to gannon, very similar

we already have our tyrone wheatley in ronald jones, and MVS can play the jerry porter role

this is going to be an offense that just laughs at two high and dropping eight
You seem to be focusing on the offense slowing down versus being unstoppable. What we want is unstoppable. Who gives a shit if it's slowed down?

Our offense got "slowed down" last year WITH Tyreek. We eventually got it figured out and became efficient and lethal, but our home run big plays just weren't happening the way they were in 2018-2019. Didn't matter. Still put up buttloads of points in the playoffs until the meltdown.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:51 PM 08-10-2022
Our offense got "slowed down" last year WITH Tyreek.
Now it's going to be slowed down without him.

Like, you think there won't be a dropoff? Suddenly that busted coverage only goes for 40 yards instead of to the house.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 01:52 PM 08-10-2022

Like, you think there won't be a dropoff? Suddenly that busted coverage only goes for 40 yards instead of to the house.
Nah bro we are going to average 34 a game... You'll see!
[Reply]
DrunkBassGuitar 01:58 PM 08-10-2022
lol i can't wait to return all the receipts

skip looks like shit lol

fucking biden is aging better than he is
[Reply]
ThaVirus 02:31 PM 08-10-2022
How so? That defense ended up being pretty elite statistically (particularly in PPG allowed), but that was the year we lost Eric Berry to cancer and Derrick Johnson to an Achilles', IIRC.

It was not a good unit at stopping the run or taking the ball away.
[Reply]
RealSNR 02:45 PM 08-10-2022

Point to the busted coverages that led to splash plays of 40+ yards last year. Not even ones that were scoring plays.

How many did we have, and where did that rank in the league?

How do other teams have more big plays of 40+ yards than us without Tyreek? How is that possible?
[Reply]
Marcellus 03:26 PM 08-10-2022
Goddamn Clay has had some dumb takes lately, this might take the cake.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:32 PM 08-10-2022
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Goddamn Clay has had some dumb takes lately, this might take the cake.
reid's defense in those days often set up the offense with short fields, or even scored themselves

that's why an offense that was nowhere NEAR the top 10 in yardage could score more points
[Reply]
ModSocks 04:00 PM 08-10-2022
reid's defense in those days often set up the offense with short fields, or even scored themselves

that's why an offense that was nowhere NEAR the top 10 in yardage could score more points
All 3 units worked in unison to create poor field position for opposing offenses.

The offense moved the ball, but struggled to finish drives.

Special Teams (Dustin Colquit) would pin opposing teams back deep in their own territory.

The Defense would take advantage of the poor field position and keep them pinned back.

The result was generally good field position for the offense. Rinse and repeat.
[Reply]
Page 2237 of 2688
« First < 1237173721372187222722332234223522362237 2238223922402241224722872337 > Last »
Up