ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2234 of 2688
« First < 1234173421342184222422302231223222332234 2235223622372238224422842334 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
Kiimo 11:57 AM 08-03-2022
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
So what's the consensus on Oreo?
It's a really overused name for a puppy
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 11:58 AM 08-03-2022
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Man...you had to bring it up.

I dated a girl in HS who used the term "Oreo". It was the first time i had heard of it.

She was half black, half white. She thought of it as a 'cute' way to identify her mixed race. Like a cookie. So all this time i've used "Oreo" over the years light heartedly.

I've used the term twice on CP in the last few months and got neg bombed for it :-).

So again...what was fine 20 years ago is apparently racially insensitive now.
I once worked with an Asian guy who jokingly used the term "Twinkie" to describe Asians who acted like white people.

"Yellow on the outside, white on the inside."
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:00 PM 08-03-2022
Originally Posted by AdolfOliverBush:
I once worked with an Asian guy who jokingly used the term "Twinkie" to describe Asians who acted like white people.

I remember that one too.

Back when people didn't take this shit so damn seriously.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 12:01 PM 08-03-2022
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
Right I first heard from a mixed race person that she found that offensive somewhere around 2003 and it was the first time I had heard that. I can see why that would be offensive too.

Changing language is annoying but in the end it's worth it. I understand people go overboard on twitter trying to find the newest offensive thing to tell everyone not to say in order to gain attention. I don't think that's what is happening here.
Ever white person is a mule... JUST SAYING
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:02 PM 08-03-2022
Anyway, i originally came into the thread to post this, which is an EXCELLENT video of Kurt Warner explaining why the Mahomes haters' idiot brains are being fucked by stupid.

Anyway, lets not derail.

Everyone, watch this fucking epic Patrick Mahomes breakdown that illustrates he's a fucking 4-read QB, not a 1-read QB like that moron "scout" said.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:01 PM 08-03-2022
Anyway, i originally came into the thread to post this, which is an EXCELLENT video of Kurt Warner explaining why the Mahomes haters' idiot brains are being ****ed by stupid.

The craziest part is watching him throw to guys who aren't open, but who are going to be open.
[Reply]
Kiimo 02:10 PM 08-03-2022
Anyway, lets not derail.

Everyone, watch this ****ing epic Patrick Mahomes breakdown that illustrates he's a ****ing 4-read QB, not a 1-read QB like that moron "scout" said.
Not even a scout a full-blown defensive coach
[Reply]
KChiefs1 02:12 PM 08-03-2022

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Baby Lee 03:25 PM 08-03-2022

I dated a girl in HS who used the term "Oreo". It was the first time i had heard of it.

She was half black, half white. She thought of it as a 'cute' way to identify her mixed race. Like a cookie. So all this time i've used "Oreo" over the years light heartedly.

I've used the term twice on CP in the last few months and got neg bombed for it :-).

I think people have a very different sense of the meaning of that term from your personal experience.

The more broad usage focuses on the COMPOSITION of the cookie, more than the ingredients.

ie, Oreo means outwardly black and white on the inside. To disparage 'Cartlon' types who are visually black but 'reject' black culture.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 03:37 PM 08-03-2022
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:-)

To quote Donk fan...
[Reply]
Monticore 06:35 PM 08-03-2022

I grew up with dad who had the N word for a nickname , gets pretty awkward hearing yelled across a crowded room full of strangers theses days .
[Reply]
IA_Chiefs_fan 06:42 AM 08-04-2022
Anyway, i originally came into the thread to post this, which is an EXCELLENT video of Kurt Warner explaining why the Mahomes haters' idiot brains are being fucked by stupid.

Thank you for sharing. On a lot of those completions the receiver didn't even look open in slow motion, yet he hit them. Good stuff.
[Reply]
TLO 06:58 AM 08-04-2022
Originally Posted by AdolfOliverBush:

There's an entire King of the Hill episode about Kahn being a "banana"
[Reply]
neech 07:21 AM 08-04-2022
Originally Posted by Monticore:
I grew up with dad who had the N word for a nickname , gets pretty awkward hearing yelled across a crowded room full of strangers theses days .
What a nickname to have.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 07:35 AM 08-04-2022

This is good stuff. You can see him going through progressions and manipulating defenders with his eyes.

A lot of people slob Josh Allen's knob for his performance in that game, but I think Mahomes was just as good. Mahomes had a bit more help with our running game doing well, but more of the Chiefs' drives yielded points and several of Josh Allen's big plays came on 4th down.

Not that a big play on 4th down isn't clutch, but I dock him a little bit for needing to go for it on so many 4th downs.
[Reply]
Page 2234 of 2688
« First < 1234173421342184222422302231223222332234 2235223622372238224422842334 > Last »
Up