ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2185 of 2688
« First < 1185168520852135217521812182218321842185 21862187218821892195223522852685 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 06:50 PM 02-06-2022
Originally Posted by T-post Tom:
I still get nauseous when I think of the game. It's not easy to see or think anything about the Chiefs or NFL. It's even difficult to come here & not feel defeated. And I love this place. Still a fool for the Chiefs after all these years. My heart has been ripped out. I'm an idiot. :-)
Same. What really breaks my heart is that the way that game went down put a serious damper on the week before.

For about 6 days, being at that Bills game was one of the greatest days of my life. Now it's hard to think back on that without thinking about what happened the next week.

Just a real fucking shame.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 08:23 PM 02-06-2022
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
Same. What really breaks my heart is that the way that game went down put a serious damper on the week before.

For about 6 days, being at that Bills game was one of the greatest days of my life. Now it's hard to think back on that without thinking about what happened the next week.

Just a real ****ing shame.
I've avoided all chiefs talk since the game tbh. No chiefs podcasts, no youtube chiefs content or watching sports shows which has been a huge part of my daily routine all season. And to this day I'm still freaking annoyed about it. As usual time will heal..but this was a week tinged with low points that's for sure.
[Reply]
Bowser 08:29 PM 02-06-2022
Originally Posted by JudasRising20:
Which tackle was it specifically? And when?

Are you talking about the INT in the 3rd quarter? I thought he got hit before that on a play but come to think of it, that could be it.
Yes, when he tackled the big man that made the pick. He landed full on Mahomes' back.
[Reply]
Bowser 08:30 PM 02-06-2022

This is no lie. A generational game like that to be followed up with maybe the worst half Mahomes has had in his time here. Doesn't seem possible.
[Reply]
Bearcat 08:43 PM 02-06-2022

Compartmentalization: Level, Master.

But yeah, it's real tough seeing the best of the best then wondering WTF happened and how it can be so bad just a week and a half of football later.

And it might have been easier if it was the entire game.... and you say, well fuck, the Bengals have their number. But to see them come out and not miss a beat that first half, just for it to fall apart... :-)
[Reply]
RunKC 10:38 PM 02-06-2022
Patrick gave us a SB. That was all I wanted as a fan. And he will give us another shot soon.

You can’t win every year, but being in the championship game every year, winning half of them, then winning a SB is about as good as it will ever get for us.

Enjoy the good and bad. It’s a journey
[Reply]
DTVietnam 10:44 PM 02-06-2022

Just a real ****ing shame.
yep...he'll be more remembered for the 31 minute drought than the 13 second drive
[Reply]
DTVietnam 10:56 PM 02-06-2022
Originally Posted by siberian khatru:
so getting embarrassed by Brady and the Bucs wasnt enough motivation?
[Reply]
Baby Lee 07:04 AM 02-07-2022
Richard Christy has the best hypothesis, probably shouldn't have contracted Colin Robinson for halftime pep talk

[Reply]
Sure-Oz 08:03 AM 02-07-2022
Pat mightve been concussed but we will never know. It definitely explains how bad his decision making got as the game went on. I doubt he was tired...that dude wants to win so fucking bad. He played the worst football I've seen that half for an elite player. Makes no sense to me that pressure or tiredness got to him suddenly.

Also the body language of him and the rest of the offense was bad...was there anything that happened in the locker room? That said they all seemed ok at the pro bowl.
[Reply]
penguinz 08:27 AM 02-07-2022
Originally Posted by DTVietnam:
so getting embarrassed by Brady and the Bucs wasnt enough motivation?
They did not lose to TB because of PM. They lost to Cincy because of PM. Big difference.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 08:48 AM 02-07-2022
Originally Posted by stevieray:
You can absolutely blame Pat. I don't care if he threw 11 or 2 TD's in the playoffs. I don't care if it's happened before in the playoffs or in this game. All that matters is when the game was on the line and first and goal, the correct call was made. The WR's were open. he KNEW every route being run. He KNEW the spot to throw to. He stared them down. He didn't even TRY to throw the football.

We can debate why till the cows come home, but the bottom line is, he's a big reason we didn't win that game at the end of regulation. That's not even debatable.

Why would Cincy keep dropping so many back in coverage when they were getting gashed in the ground game?
The same reason the Bills left the entire middle of the field open during those 13 seconds when we had timeouts. Sometimes players and coaches have brain farts. It happens.
[Reply]
Easy 6 10:10 AM 02-07-2022
Originally Posted by crispystl:
Didn't someone on here say he took a foot or knee to the head in the first half? I never saw that.
There are quite a few of us who think it happened on his first pick to the DE, when he had to go in low for the tackle... and took a knee to the noggin
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 10:12 AM 02-07-2022
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
There are quite a few of us who think it happened on his first pick to the DE, when he had to go in low for the tackle... and took a knee to the noggin
That was the tackle I thought he could've gotten hurt on too.
[Reply]
O.city 10:12 AM 02-07-2022
THat was in the 3rd quarter, pretty late.
[Reply]
Page 2185 of 2688
« First < 1185168520852135217521812182218321842185 21862187218821892195223522852685 > Last »
Up