ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 31 of 146
« First < 212728293031 323334354181131 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let’s talk about the Eagles (Super Bowl edition!)
RunKC 09:23 PM 01-29-2023
Well fellas what do we think?
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:58 AM 01-31-2023
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Mahomes definitely looked better than I thought.

He made three amazing throws off his right foot that were lasers.

The one to MVS for six, the one to Hardman rolling to his left, the one to Kemp late in the game.

I'm hoping he gets more of his ability to pick up 10 yards when we need it going forward.
Don't undersell the TD pass to MVS. It was one of the best throws Mahomes has ever made, injured or not.

Even my wife was on the floor in amazement.
[Reply]
HC_Chief 10:59 AM 01-31-2023
Originally Posted by Danguardace:
Chiefs Running game was a disaster in the AFCCG, however a good omen has been they've always bounced back with strong running performance the next game. We will need it can't have quick 3 and outs against Philly
Cincy's D deserves credit for that. They closed gaps and made tackles (their D was near the top in the league in that category). The good news was we returned the favor: their rushing attack was absolutely shut down by our defense. :-)

What we absolutely need to get away from is running the exact same "up the center's ass on first down" play. I'm not sure if we are actually calling that, or if it is an option Mahomes is calling at the LoS?
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:59 AM 01-31-2023
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Don't undersell the TD pass to MVS. It was one of the best throws Mahomes has ever made, injured or not.

Even my wife was on the floor in amazement.
A split second late and that's a deflection. That shit was crazy.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 11:01 AM 01-31-2023
Originally Posted by Verse234:
How did the 49ers lose both of their qbs last night? oh that's right the Niners couldn't protect them against a ferocious Dline.
Yes, the Eagles lost to Dak and the Cowboys, but we did beat the Bears and Colts as well as manhandled the Texans and Titans so does that count in the equation? Both of these teams earned the right to represent our conferences. A blowout? come on man smh
The Texans played the Eagles close most of the game and it was tied at halftime.... not exactly "manhandling" them.
[Reply]
ModSocks 11:01 AM 01-31-2023
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Look how awful Kinlaw is in the run game...I doubt they do this to us at all..

Hey Karlaftis haters, this is what a bust DL ACTUALLY looks like. Note the difference, thanks.
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 11:02 AM 01-31-2023
Originally Posted by HC_Chief:
Cincy's D deserves credit for that. They closed gaps and made tackles (their D was near the top in the league in that category). The good news was we returned the favor: their rushing attack was absolutely shut down by our defense. :-)

What we absolutely need to get away from is running the exact same "up the center's ass on first down" play. I'm not sure if we are actually calling that, or if it is an option Mahomes is calling at the LoS?
Yeah, I thought we'd see more 3 TE sets; especially with all the WR injuries.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:03 AM 01-31-2023
:-) 49ers effectively traded Buckner to draft Kinlaw and pay Dee Ford. Oooooof
[Reply]
HC_Chief 11:03 AM 01-31-2023
Originally Posted by Gary Cooper:
Yeah, I thought we'd see more 3 TE sets; especially with all the WR injuries.
We ran a few and made plays... just not on the ground.
[Reply]
kepp 11:05 AM 01-31-2023
Originally Posted by HC_Chief:

IDK what's happening there, but even my daughter who was pretty much watching her first football game, said, "Why does he just keep running into that bunch of guys? Wouldn't he do better if he ran where there aren't any other players?" LOL "Why, yes, dear. That would be better."
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 11:06 AM 01-31-2023
Let’s be honest with ourselves…Reid’s not going to let Philadelphia beat him in a Super Bowl.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 11:06 AM 01-31-2023
Originally Posted by kepp:
IDK what's happening there, but even my daughter who was pretty much watching her first football game, said, "Why does he just keep running into that bunch of guys? Wouldn't he do better if he ran where there aren't any other players?" LOL "Why, yes, dear. That would be better."
Better analysis than you’ll find on ESPN anymore tbh
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:06 AM 01-31-2023
Wonder if Reid goes full crazy and lines up Niang at RT and Wylie at TE to do some road grading.
[Reply]
Bearcat 11:07 AM 01-31-2023
Originally Posted by Danguardace:
Chiefs Running game was a disaster in the AFCCG, however a good omen has been they've always bounced back with strong running performance the next game. We will need it can't have quick 3 and outs against Philly
Eh, it only happened twice the other night, and that was after both speed/gadget guys went down, JJSS, on top of Mahomes and Kelce's injuries.

I do really hate when they run up the gut on 2nd and long to make it 3rd and long (think they also had a screen blown up), but at some point you've really narrowed down play calling, and the Bengals had started throwing in some wrinkles on defense, too.
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 11:08 AM 01-31-2023
Originally Posted by kepp:
The interior OL is the Chiefs' strength. Running down the middle should be more effective, especially on short yardage. It's just not working on those plays though.
[Reply]
kepp 11:10 AM 01-31-2023
Originally Posted by Gary Cooper:
The interior OL is the Chiefs' strength. Running down the middle should be more effective, especially on short yardage. It's just not working on those plays though.
Maybe if we were a tad less predictable on first down?
[Reply]
Page 31 of 146
« First < 212728293031 323334354181131 > Last »
Up