ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 76 of 221
« First < 26667273747576 7778798086126176 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>The Fishing Thread
Easy 6 07:58 PM 02-19-2010
Searched around & only found the video fishing & BassMasters threads, i know their are plenty of outdoorsman here, so i figured it'd be cool to draw upon the Planets vast experience in all things fishing.

I only use spincast reels & fish mostly large/smallmouth bass & cats. My choice of reels is quite the source of derision from many people i know 'duffer gear', but i haul in my share of 6 pound bass & 10-20 pound cats on that gear no problem. With a little know-how you can use just about any technique you want to on 'duffer gear'.

Berkley Powerbaits are a big part of my trick bag, the difference between those & regular stuff is night & day. My best action last summer came on Mister Twister scented white curly tail grubs, on one day fishing from shore to a bridge pier, i caught smallies, bigmouths, perch & even 1 carp believe it or not... great day. But my bread & butter is a texas rigged Berkley worm, it'll wiggle through any kind of cover without getting hung up.

With cats i strictly bottom fish, no bobber & bait is just as basic... but its always in 2's to give'em a real treat... a shrimp/with a nightcrawler, liver/chunk of cheese etc. Cats are mostly for night sport to me, time to kick back a lil...

So thats me style, how do the rest of you guys get your fish on? What do you fish for, what do you use? IIRC Missouri's trout season just kicked off, anyone getting anything?
[Reply]
Rasputin 03:34 PM 10-10-2014
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
How about this, two buddies reel in back to back world record catfish...

http://www.grindtv.com/outdoor/excur...-landed-spain/

Anyone else out there still drowning worms? I'm going tomorrow afternoon, haven't been fishing for a while and its time. Gonna take some firewood, a pack of hotdogs and stay a while.

Awesome was about to post this lol I shared it on FB

Good work sir.
[Reply]
Rasputin 03:36 PM 10-10-2014
I hear babies make great bait for catching big catfish.
[Reply]
Easy 6 03:37 PM 10-10-2014
Originally Posted by KC Tattoo:
Awesome was about to post this lol I shared it on FB

Good work sir.
:-)
[Reply]
Simplicity 03:38 PM 10-10-2014
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Pike?
Yes, jackfish.
[Reply]
R8RFAN 04:26 PM 02-16-2015
I got fishing fever
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Radar Chief 04:43 PM 02-16-2015

[Reply]
beach tribe 05:02 PM 02-16-2015
Maaaaan.

I have a Bass lake behind my house in TN that I fished for 20 years.

I live on a golf course with a lake down here and am experiencing the best Bass fishing of my life.

3+ pounders every other day. Funny how life is sometimes.
[Reply]
stonedstooge 05:07 PM 02-16-2015
Originally Posted by R8RFAN:
I got fishing fever
Posted via Mobile Device
I've fished the Missouri River 4 times since Jan. 1. Caught 1 tiny Channel Cat, but it's sure fun watching the ducks and geese roam up and down the river. I also saw a huge buck come out of a river woodpile on the bank about 50 yards down river from me. Always something happening on the Missouri
[Reply]
SAUTO 05:17 PM 02-16-2015
I caught a mess of crappie this morning. Had a little ice to break under the trap on the dock and it was a cold mother.

But a mess is always worth it. And fresh crappie out of some freezing water is the best.

Fish for dinner.
[Reply]
beach tribe 05:46 PM 02-16-2015
Mmmmmm crappie...
[Reply]
stumppy 06:03 PM 02-16-2015
Originally Posted by beach tribe:
Maaaaan.

I have a Bass lake behind my house in TN that I fished for 20 years.

I live on a golf course with a lake down here and am experiencing the best Bass fishing of my life.

3+ pounders every other day. Funny how life is sometimes.
:-):-)
[Reply]
Easy 6 06:11 PM 02-16-2015
I'm definitely ready to get back outside and do some fishing, its going to be a while yet though.

Sucks.

I should probably go get some gear at Scheels before temps and prices go back up though.
[Reply]
stumppy 07:12 PM 02-16-2015
I've had the fever bad lately. Bought a new Pflueger ultralite, been to Bass Pro a few times here lately, restocking the tackle boxes. This next month or two is going to go by sooooo slow. Can't wait to try out the new rig on some river smallies.
[Reply]
stumppy 09:32 AM 02-20-2015
There's got to be someone on here thats been fishing lately. Come on, I got the fever bad.
Lets hear about your latest attempt to drown some worms.
[Reply]
Iowanian 09:53 AM 02-20-2015
Next weekend we're going on a bender of building fish structure to set out on the ice.

We'll be doing a bunch of the pvc/plastic trees/pineapples that I like, and some structures built of pallets and stuffed with cedar trees.

I'm excited for my pond this coming summer. In the first year, the bass went from fingerlings to averaging over 13". I fed the cats all summer, and the bluegill came up alot to feed also. The pan fish are definitely eating size now.

I've been putting a few gallons of minnows in twice/year, and installed a new gadget I'm working on as well as a solar bug zapper in a long pole to drop bugs in all night.
I'm considering fixing a small pond I had drained and using it for minnows only, and trapping them to sell/dump into ponds I fish or am stocking in my area.

Hopefully I'll actually have time to fish this year between work, farm stuff and kids summer sports.
[Reply]
Page 76 of 221
« First < 26667273747576 7778798086126176 > Last »
Up