9 Jonathan Bowlan, RHP
10 Carlos Hernedez, RHP
[Reply]
Wilson8 02:42 PM 06-14-2021
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
How long should Beni be out for?
Originally Posted by :
https://www.royalsreview.com/2021/6/...t-rib-fracture

The Royals announced they have placed outfielder Andrew Benintendi on the 10-day Injured List with a right rib fracture and have recalled outfielder Edward Olivares from Triple-A Omaha. Benintendi suffered the injury while making a throw in Sunday’s game in Oakland, according to manager Mike Matheny. An x-ray today showed a hairline fracture. Benintendi missed most of the 2020 season with a right rib cage strain that turned out to be a rib fracture.
Sounds like an injury that Andrew has had a past issue with.

He has tender ribs. (Jack Stack might be interested.)

I'd say they don't rush him back.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 02:54 PM 06-14-2021
Originally Posted by Wilson8:
Sounds like an injury that Andrew has had a past issue with.

https://www.royalsreview.com/2021/6/...t-rib-fracture

"The Royals announced they have placed outfielder Andrew Benintendi on the 10-day Injured List with a right rib fracture and have recalled outfielder Edward Olivares from Triple-A Omaha. Benintendi suffered the injury while making a throw in Sunday’s game in Oakland, according to manager Mike Matheny. An x-ray today showed a hairline fracture. Benintendi missed most of the 2020 season with a right rib cage strain that turned out to be a rib fracture."

I'd say they don't rush him back.
Double wow.

Welp, that may about close the book on the 2021 season. Hard to see them generating enough offense to win games with him out for a significant amount of time, in addition to Mondi's hammy and having no idea when he might be back and healthy enough to contribute and pick up some slack.

Just brutal news on those 2 in the last couple weeks.

Unless the starters start pitching lights out, I'm afraid it may be all downhill from here . . . . . . .

This sucks. Really thought they had a legit shot at finishing .500 this year. :-)
[Reply]
PHOG 03:07 PM 06-14-2021
Well shit! Benintendi and Mondesi, maybe Mondesi can return this week? And "most of the 2020 season" isn't like a whole season. So there's that. Wait and see I guess. :-)
[Reply]
cabletech94 03:08 PM 06-14-2021
Dang it. Bene was arguably our most consistent hitter. #vote Salvy.
[Reply]
gblowfish 08:04 PM 06-14-2021
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
Double wow.

Welp, that may about close the book on the 2021 season. Hard to see them generating enough offense to win games with him out for a significant amount of time, in addition to Mondi's hammy and having no idea when he might be back and healthy enough to contribute and pick up some slack.

Just brutal news on those 2 in the last couple weeks.

Unless the starters start pitching lights out, I'm afraid it may be all downhill from here . . . . . . .

This sucks. Really thought they had a legit shot at finishing .500 this year. :-)
I can't believe you're giving up on them already. They are exactly 14-14 over the last month, after this shitty road trip. A .500 club. Which is about what MOST of us thought the ceiling was for this club this year. It’s a damn miracle that they had the best record in all of MLB the first month of the season. This defeatist pessimism is frankly unwelcome here.

The run differential thus far should have warned everyone ‘don’t buy the hype’. The White Sox were always the best team in this division and were always going to win it running away. They have more talent than the Royals right now at the Big League level and more importantly, most of their young guys, especially their pitchers, have established themselves at the major league level after REALLY struggling for a couple years. At least our pitching staff leads the American League in walks issued, so they can look at that as an easy starting place to strive for improvement.

You've simply lost your patience and perspective. This is certainly no different for the Royals 2018 draft crop. They’re all going to have to take their lumps for a while. It’s how you learn. When Hosmer, Moose, Salvy, Duffy and Ventura came up they didn’t have immediate success. It took a few years to build something. Ventura tries so hard he drove his Jeep off an embankment and died. Does that effort mean nothing to you? Give em time. Soler needs time. Michael A. Taylor needs time. We probably need to pay Dozier better. Keller, Lynch, Singer need time. Kowar just needs a ump with a more favorable strike zone. I'm sure the Royals are trying as hard as they can to please you every night. Gutierrez may not hit much, but at least he's a solid defensive player you can always rely on.

I'm encouraged that Mondesi made it safely home; getting on an airplane -pressurized at 30,000 feet- without further injury to himself. Poor Benny. You must believe he cracked his rib on purpose so he wouldn't have to face his old Boston family this weekend. Not true. He hurt himself throwing a ball in from the outfield. That's dangerous! Wade Davis is trying as hard as he can for you, working on a 45 mph change up. Bubich goes out there and gives it his all, even though he's got the word "Bitch" in his last name. He has feelings; deep, complex feelings that can be easily damaged by those who would mock him. People like you who have lost faith. Baseball reference says the team at this point has a 0.1% chance to make the World Series. So there is hope.

I'm shocked and disappointed that you have posted these comments towards the Royals. Shame on you. They come across as nothing more than the snide defeatist comments of someone reveling in their losing. You must be a miserable individual. I suggest your mom must have birthed you out of wedlock. You should engage in more meaningful baseball discussions here, and be more positive and productive. Surely other people in this thread will soon point this out besides me. Chin up little camper!
[Reply]
srvy 09:09 PM 06-14-2021
:-)
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 09:24 PM 06-14-2021

The memo outlining the plan for foreign substances is coming tomorrow, sources tell ESPN, and it includes a 10-day suspension with pay for anyone caught with any sort of substance, from sunscreen mixed with rosin to Spider Tack. News story is free at ESPN: https://t.co/9rsIVnRhTK

— Jeff Passan (@JeffPassan) June 15, 2021

[Reply]
Chiefspants 09:29 PM 06-14-2021

The Royals are 2-35 in their last 35 ABs with runners in scoring position.

— Alec Lewis (@alec_lewis) June 15, 2021

I'm not on the fire GMDM train or the fire Matheny train. But to me this is a put up or shut up year for Bradshaw and Eldred. It is critical we have competent people in those spots as our young bats and arms start out next season.
[Reply]
theoldcoach 09:35 PM 06-14-2021
2-35 in their last 35 at bats with runners in scoring position?

Good God!!

I have no idea how any Major League team can be that bad.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 10:13 PM 06-14-2021
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat:
Weak
[Reply]
bringbackmarty 10:20 PM 06-14-2021
The Chiken Tendi news is just awful. Soler had a decent night. The 12-13 risp sucks ass,.as does the starting pitching. I'd say the guys left on base is a.product of young hitting butI think it's more about the absolute black hole that is Dozier.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 10:22 PM 06-14-2021
I’m starting to think we won’t win the World Series this year
[Reply]
TLO 06:38 AM 06-15-2021
5 game winning streak starts tonight boys and girls
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 07:22 AM 06-15-2021
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
I can't believe you're giving up on them already. They are exactly 14-14 over the last month, after this shitty road trip. A .500 club. Which is about what MOST of us thought the ceiling was for this club this year. It’s a damn miracle that they had the best record in all of MLB the first month of the season. This defeatist pessimism is frankly unwelcome here.

The run differential thus far should have warned everyone ‘don’t buy the hype’. The White Sox were always the best team in this division and were always going to win it running away. They have more talent than the Royals right now at the Big League level and more importantly, most of their young guys, especially their pitchers, have established themselves at the major league level after REALLY struggling for a couple years. At least our pitching staff leads the American League in walks issued, so they can look at that as an easy starting place to strive for improvement.

You've simply lost your patience and perspective. This is certainly no different for the Royals 2018 draft crop. They’re all going to have to take their lumps for a while. It’s how you learn. When Hosmer, Moose, Salvy, Duffy and Ventura came up they didn’t have immediate success. It took a few years to build something. Ventura tries so hard he drove his Jeep off an embankment and died. Does that effort mean nothing to you? Give em time. Soler needs time. Michael A. Taylor needs time. We probably need to pay Dozier better. Keller, Lynch, Singer need time. Kowar just needs a ump with a more favorable strike zone. I'm sure the Royals are trying as hard as they can to please you every night. Gutierrez may not hit much, but at least he's a solid defensive player you can always rely on.

I'm encouraged that Mondesi made it safely home; getting on an airplane -pressurized at 30,000 feet- without further injury to himself. Poor Benny. You must believe he cracked his rib on purpose so he wouldn't have to face his old Boston family this weekend. Not true. He hurt himself throwing a ball in from the outfield. That's dangerous! Wade Davis is trying as hard as he can for you, working on a 45 mph change up. Bubich goes out there and gives it his all, even though he's got the word "Bitch" in his last name. He has feelings; deep, complex feelings that can be easily damaged by those who would mock him. People like you who have lost faith. Baseball reference says the team at this point has a 0.1% chance to make the World Series. So there is hope.

I'm shocked and disappointed that you have posted these comments towards the Royals. Shame on you. They come across as nothing more than the snide defeatist comments of someone reveling in their losing. You must be a miserable individual. I suggest your mom must have birthed you out of wedlock. You should engage in more meaningful baseball discussions here, and be more positive and productive. Surely other people in this thread will soon point this out besides me. Chin up little camper!
Losing Beni is rough and kills what is an already struggling offense. That's frustrating, because with all the injuries piling up, it's hard to imagine this team being able to generate enough offense to win games. I'm not 'giving up', but you can only lose so many key players for extended periods of time and still have any realistic expectation that they can compete night in and night out. It sucks, but it is what it is. I, DO NOT, by any means, revel in their losing like some seem to do on here. And again, check my post history in this thread lately versus yours, if you wanna talk about meaningful baseball discussion. I'll stand on my body of work in the baseball thread versus yours anyday.

Sorry, George, that you didn't like me calling you out in this thread and it hurt your feels. Super creative of you to copy my post to you, though. Just top notch work on your part. :-)
[Reply]
DJJasonp 08:31 AM 06-15-2021
Originally Posted by bringbackmarty:
The Chiken Tendi news is just awful. Soler had a decent night. The 12-13 risp sucks ass,.as does the starting pitching. I'd say the guys left on base is a.product of young hitting butI think it's more about the absolute black hole that is Dozier.
a lot of unprofessional at-bats.

Guys not slapping to opposite field to move runners, etc.

Lots of selfish swings (for the fences), rather than doing the big-league thing.
[Reply]
Page 186 of 440
« First < 86136176182183184185186 187188189190196236286 > Last »
Up