Nzoner's Game Room>Frank Clark arrested for felony possession of a firearm
Hammock Parties 03:40 PM 06-21-2021
Well, bye...

https://www.tmz.com/2021/06/21/frank...ty-chiefs-nfl/

K.C. CHIEFS' FRANK CLARK
ARRESTED
... Cops Say NFL Star Had Uzi In Lambo SUV

Originally Posted by :
NFL star pass rusher Frank Clark -- one of the best defensive players in the league -- was arrested Sunday after cops say he had an uzi in his Lambo SUV ... TMZ Sports has learned.

Law enforcement sources tell us Clark was pulled over for a routine traffic stop Sunday evening in Los Angeles ... when cops say they noticed an open duffle bag in his ride.

Our sources say officers saw the gun inside the bag ... and arrested the 28-year-old for felony illegal possession of a firearm.

The Kansas City Chiefs superstar is still behind bars in the Los Angeles area, jail records show.

According to the records, Clark -- listed at 6'3", 255 pounds -- was arrested at 9:20 p.m. ... and was booked into jail hours later at 9:28 a.m. Monday.

We've reached out to Clark and the Chiefs for comment ... but so far, no word back yet.

Clark was a key piece in the Chiefs' runs to the Super Bowls the last two years ... after being traded from Seattle to Kansas City before the 2019 season, Clark logged 14 sacks in 26 starts and was great in postseason play too.

In fact, Clark was so good for the Chiefs since joining the team ... he was selected to the Pro Bowl in each of his 2 seasons on the squad.

Of course, this is not Clark's first brush with legal trouble ... you'll recall, he was arrested in 2014 after being accused of domestic violence -- and was kicked off the Univ. of Michigan football team over it all.

Clark eventually struck a deal with prosecutors in that case, agreeing to plead guilty to a lesser charge of misdemeanor disorderly conduct.

Clark is currently in the middle of a 5-year, $104 MILLION contract with the Chiefs.

Story developing ...

[Reply]
Chief Pagan 11:00 AM 07-10-2021
Originally Posted by Stryker:
What an absolute idiot! I hope he does get jail time these fools think they are above the law. You have lots of money and are a successful athlete and then you pull this, not once, but twice. Well, bye!
Since high school if not younger, a lot of these guys have been taught that the normal rules don't apply to them and coaches and other people will do whatever it takes to keep them on the field.

If Clark was still tearing it up at a high level no doubt there would be more apologists on this site for his behavior.

It's not like he stabbed someone outside of a nightclub or punched his girlfriend...
[Reply]
Kiimo 12:34 PM 07-10-2021
It would sure be nice if somehow Kaindoh was a Sneed-level steal
[Reply]
jettio 01:33 PM 07-10-2021
Frank Clark should have more sense, but it seems ironic that the NFL has let the players express themselves about how some police officers treat black people and this case smells like two traffic stops that were not based on observing a serious traffic offense and no reasonable suspicion of a non-traffic offense prior to both stops.

Seems like California may be among the handful of states that would consider firearms that cops claim to see from outside the vehicle are "concealed weapons," California might also be an exception to have criminal laws related to these specific firearms.

I am disappointed that Frank Clark was not smart enough to avoid this trouble, but I would not mind seeing some talking heads on the sports shows raise the issue of whether these traffic stops were pretextual and whether or not it is bullshit for an NFL player to be suspended by the league for something that is not illegal in about 18 of the 22 states where the NFL has teams.

On the football side, if he is not offered an acceptable plea, he should be on bond on pretrial release and allowed to work and I expect a judge would agree to calendar events into next year.

I was hoping Frank Clark would have a great year and make it so that finishing out his contract in KC would seem fine. But seems to me, that if he plays this year and he faces some jeopardy from this case, having him on the field this year and then letting him go would be okay.

Seems silly for the NFL Personal Conduct policy to go after a guy whose encounter with the police was not based on the guy doing something to someone else or getting out of control in public.
[Reply]
mkp785 02:08 PM 07-10-2021
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
Since high school if not younger, a lot of these guys have been taught that the normal rules don't apply to them and coaches and other people will do whatever it takes to keep them on the field.

If Clark was still tearing it up at a high level no doubt there would be more apologists on this site for his behavior.

It's not like he stabbed someone outside of a nightclub or punched his girlfriend...
....or almost kills 2 kids while putting a little girl in the hospital due to his drunken driving. The second time he's been caught drinking and driving and acting like an asshole....

As to Frank. Good riddance, hopefully we can void his contract and reclaim that money, and Frank can share a cell with Britt for the next 10 years.
[Reply]
kcclone 02:35 PM 07-10-2021
Originally Posted by mkp785:
....or almost kills 2 kids while putting a little girl in the hospital due to his drunken driving. The second time he's been caught drinking and driving and acting like an asshole....

As to Frank. Good riddance, hopefully we can void his contract and reclaim that money, and Frank can share a cell with Britt for the next 10 years.
I don't equate what Frank did in any way with Britt Reid. Reid is a scum that deserves a decade or more behind bars. Frank, should get probation IMO and be on a short leash going forward, but he didn't hurt anyone (unlike Reid).
[Reply]
Red Dawg 02:41 PM 07-10-2021
We can cut his ass for this and void his 18.5. Take the money and sign Ingrahm. That's what I hope.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 03:04 PM 07-10-2021
At least he isn’t fucking children like Barkevious Mingo.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 03:07 PM 07-10-2021
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
At least he isn’t fucking children like Barkevious Mingo.
That is a crazy and disturbing story. Dude is 30 and his victim is under 17. I don’t think the age has been released yet.

You can only wonder how many other victims of his are out there.
[Reply]
kcclone 03:34 PM 07-10-2021
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
We can cut his ass for this and void his 18.5. Take the money and sign Ingrahm. That's what I hope.
Cut Frank, sign Ingram and trade for N'Keal Harry and call it a day.

And I only say cut Frank because number one, he sucks and number two we don't know how many games he'll miss, not necessarily because I think he did something unforgivable.
[Reply]
Kiimo 03:43 PM 07-10-2021
I’d rather start Dieter than trade for N’Keal Harry and I have no idea why Dieter is even on the team
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 03:47 PM 07-10-2021
Originally Posted by kcclone:
trade for N'Keal Harry and call it a day.
You're advocating that the Chiefs give up a draft pick for a guy that's had 400 yards and 4 TD's in two NFL seasons?

:-)

Fuck. That. Shit.
[Reply]
jettio 04:05 PM 07-10-2021

And I only say cut Frank because number one, he sucks and number two we don't know how many games he'll miss, not necessarily because I think he did something unforgivable.
If the mods knew much about football, they would Romper Room N’Keal Harry fanboys.
[Reply]
notorious 04:08 PM 07-10-2021
Originally Posted by jettio:
If the mods knew much about football, they would publicly execute N’Keal Harry fanboys.
fixed
[Reply]
smithandrew051 04:15 PM 07-10-2021

“Frank Clark sucks and will miss too many games. Let’s trade for N’Keal Harry.”
[Reply]
Skyy God 05:19 PM 07-10-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
But what has Clark really done since the play-off run in January/February 2020?

He's never doubled. He doesn't rack up sacks or pressures. He's been wholly replaceable. 6 sacks? in 16 games? 29 tackles for the season?

I think there's something physically wrong with the guy. He's not the same player as he was in Seattle or down the stretch for the SB victory.

I don't know if his elbows are ****ed still, or it's his stomach issues or what, but he's not a very dynamic player. He's fundamentally sound, but not special. I don't think it's a stretch to think Mike Danna could luck into 6 sacks, play the run decent and be sound in his responsibilities.

I'd like an Ingram signing, but maybe a Houston or Griffin would be a good hedge bet too. None are probably 3 down players at this point, but would be dependable veteran rotational guys to pair up with the young guys.
Griffin had exactly 6 sacks and 30 tackles last year.
[Reply]
Page 32 of 43
« First < 222829303132 3334353642 > Last »
Up