ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 7
< 1234 567 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>*** 2018 Prospect Tracker: Chiefs Interest / Visits / Work Outs ***
Dante84 01:02 PM 04-05-2018
These TE's are pretty "meh." Haven't watched a ton of tape on these other positions yet, either, though.

For those who follow this more closely, what names on this list should get me/us excited?
[Reply]
Chief Northman 01:50 PM 04-05-2018
Originally Posted by Dante84:
These TE's are pretty "meh." Haven't watched a ton of tape on these other positions yet, either, though.

For those who follow this more closely, what names on this list should get me/us excited?
My issue with this TE class is that the good ones will likely be over-drafted. The top talents project to be average starters and each with a bit of warts to their game, namely an inability to in-line block.

The pass catchers are just that - they do little to no blocking and are flex/slot alignment guys: Goedert, Gesicki, Thomas, etc.
The in-line guys don’t seem to have a lot of receiving threat upside.

I like Goedert a lot, but I think KC needs a more versatile guy who can factor in the run game. If I’m KC, I try to get Marcedes Lewis on a cheap one year deal. They investigated Ben Watson, so maybe that is a sign they are not enamoured with what the draft presents in terms of value/versatility, but they have met with a number of TE draft prospects...
[Reply]
Dante84 02:24 PM 04-05-2018
Originally Posted by Chief Northman:
My issue with this TE class is that the good ones will likely be over-drafted. The top talents project to be average starters and each with a bit of warts to their game, namely an inability to in-line block.

The pass catchers are just that - they do little to no blocking and are flex/slot alignment guys: Goedert, Gesicki, Thomas, etc.
The in-line guys don’t seem to have a lot of receiving threat upside.

I like Goedert a lot, but I think KC needs a more versatile guy who can factor in the run game. If I’m KC, I try to get Marcedes Lewis on a cheap one year deal. They investigated Ben Watson, so maybe that is a sign they are not enamoured with what the draft presents in terms of value/versatility, but they have met with a number of TE draft prospects...
Have any thoughts about the rest of the guys in this list?

I want to know who I should be excited about from this group of guys.
[Reply]
Dante84 01:04 PM 04-05-2018
Also - updated. We're at 95(!) names.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:57 PM 04-05-2018
If we don’t get a safety on day 2, I love Neal in the 4th.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 10:10 PM 04-05-2018

Add former Mizzou RB Ish Witter and WR Dominic Collins to the list of players for the Chiefs’ Local Pro Day tomorrow, per source. Now up to six former Tigers participating.

— Alex Schiffer (@TheSchiffMan) April 6, 2018

[Reply]
cwhocares 06:43 AM 04-06-2018
Here's a kid from Franklin College (DIV III). Deontez Alexander WR.
Seems to have good speed and is open to playing DB.

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/7987796...51bd1774f2ce90

https://packerswire.usatoday.com/201...inline-related
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 03:47 AM 04-07-2018
I see Punter Michael Dickson on the list. Is it possible we draft this guy and cut Colquitt or is that not an option since Colquitt resigned ?
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 03:48 PM 04-07-2018
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
I see Punter Michael Dickson on the list. Is it possible we draft this guy and cut Colquitt or is that not an option since Colquitt resigned ?
Not an option with the dead money it would cost.
[Reply]
kccrow 05:10 PM 04-07-2018
There are at least 4 legitimately good punters in this year's draft class. Re-signing Colquitt before the draft was a colossal mistake, but this team is really good at it.
[Reply]
Chargem 06:08 PM 04-07-2018
Originally Posted by kccrow:
There are at least 4 legitimately good punters in this year's draft class. Re-signing Colquitt before the draft was a colossal mistake, but this team is really good at it.
The difference between a rookie and Colquitt's cap hit is probably ~$1.5m, I agree it is a mistake but I wouldn't call it colossal. ~10% of total cap being dead on the other hand...
[Reply]
kccrow 12:51 AM 04-08-2018
Originally Posted by Chargem:
The difference between a rookie and Colquitt's cap hit is probably ~$1.5m, I agree it is a mistake but I wouldn't call it colossal. ~10% of total cap being dead on the other hand...
I think tomorrow I'll put the data back together on punting that I put together a few years ago and repost it. I have a real hard time watching this team overpay punters and there's a reason for it.
[Reply]
staylor26 03:13 PM 04-09-2018
Lol what an exaggeration
[Reply]
kccrow 06:46 PM 04-10-2018
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Lol what an exaggeration
No team in the league can blow as much money on the likes of a punter and a fullback as the Kansas City :-), neither of which have a significant impact in the W/L column. I haven't had time to gather the data again, but when I have the time I'll show you once again that there isn't a significant correlation between having a good punter and having a winning football team. Paying 4 million per for a punter is about as stupid as paying 4 million per for a 3rd string quarterback.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 08:58 PM 04-16-2018
No team in the league can blow as much money on the likes of a punter and a fullback as the Kansas City :-), neither of which have a significant impact in the W/L column. I haven't had time to gather the data again, but when I have the time I'll show you once again that there isn't a significant correlation between having a good punter and having a winning football team. Paying 4 million per for a punter is about as stupid as paying 4 million per for a 3rd string quarterback.
Except that they aren't making$4 million per each. Not quite that combined actually. Colquitt is at about $2.5 million per, and Sherman $1.1 million, about league minimum.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 7
< 1234 567 >
Up