ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 16
« First < 289101112 13141516 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Post-Mortem: 2022 NFL Draft Class
Dante84 03:49 PM 08-08-2022
Figure we can drop nuggets about random dudes from this draft class as their early careers progress.
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:05 AM 10-06-2022
Originally Posted by Stro39:
As a Jets fan VERY happy with our draft. Having a competent GM makes a world of difference.

At one stage some of our fanship desperately wanted Tyler Linderbaum with one of our top 10 picks (!!). I think the Ravens have missed a trick with their first rounders, Linderbaum in particular is a waste of a pick for me given positional value and his measurables.

Chiefs have done well out of this draft but they've been drafting great for a number of years now.
What's your take on Zach Wilson?
[Reply]
Stro39 08:47 AM 10-06-2022
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
What's your take on Zach Wilson?
Despite his poor stats I'm honestly happy with him. He has elite tools in terms of his arm and has shown clear improvement in navigating the pocket this season and in overall accuracy.

Last week's game was the first game I've seen in many a year where our QB actually elevated the players around him. We have an O line like Swiss cheese and Wilson's ability to escape and throw under pressure was very good. Admittedly it was only for a half but he was super for that half.

The GM has done a great job with putting the players around him to help him grow.

He still has flaws in his game, in his poor first half he was still not seeing open recievers, and he was still poor connecting on screen passes (this was what he was like last year) but after that second half and some other flashes I've seen from him last year, I'm as hopeful as I was since before Chad Pennington did his shoulder almost two decades ago and then turned into a duck chucker post surgery.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:22 AM 10-06-2022
I thought Wilson looked good in his first game back.

It'll be interesting to see how he does as the season goes on, because he has a nice group of weapons with Wilson, Davis, Moore, Hall, and Carter.
[Reply]
Stro39 07:30 PM 10-06-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I thought Wilson looked good in his first game back.

It'll be interesting to see how he does as the season goes on, because he has a nice group of weapons with Wilson, Davis, Moore, Hall, and Carter.
That he does. He still struggles to throw to his right in the flat/behind line of scrimmage on screens. Some screen passes you would be able to be more accurate with. Its so odd for a guy who is pinpoint accurate with much more difficult throws down the field.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 11:43 PM 10-06-2022
Originally Posted by JPH83:
I guess hindsight's 20-20. As great as McDuffie looks I don't think anyone here was clamouring for us trading up for a CB in the 1st round. Veach obviously WAS thinking the same as everyone in terms of focusing on defence.

The one pick I'd have back is the Cook one. I get it, Spags like 3 safeties, but nobody's convincing me there aren't a dozen guys that came after that they'd not want instead and who wouldn't be making more of an impact. Including Raimann and Lucas.

In Veach's defence, it's hard to have seen the collapse in OBJ's form I guess but man having a solid RT would feel good right now.
What's with all the Raimann love?
[Reply]
JPH83 02:49 AM 10-07-2022
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
What's with all the Raimann love?
Just really liked him in the draft and I think they've got a load of value with the pick. He's looks pretty technically decent given how little time he's had at the position and he's an insane mover. But if he was part of the Colts team yesterday it looks like their OL got smashed, so early days.

I'm also not going to pretend he would have been a pick I was looking at as I really didn't care about drafting another OT particularly early, it's only with Brown's play this year that i'm concentrating on "what ifs". Mostly I was looking at projects in the later rounds.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:52 PM 10-07-2022
Originally Posted by JPH83:
Just really liked him in the draft and I think they've got a load of value with the pick. He's looks pretty technically decent given how little time he's had at the position and he's an insane mover. But if he was part of the Colts team yesterday it looks like their OL got smashed, so early days.

I'm also not going to pretend he would have been a pick I was looking at as I really didn't care about drafting another OT particularly early, it's only with Brown's play this year that i'm concentrating on "what ifs". Mostly I was looking at projects in the later rounds.
Yeah, both Raimann AND Pryor looked like shit yesterday.

But then again, I'm betting the beer vendors were tripping over their own feet last night. Pretty garbage effort by everyone involved in that one...
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 03:33 PM 10-09-2022
Khalil Shakir.

3 catches, 75 yards, 1 TD.

He's making it hard to take him off the field.
[Reply]
kccrow 11:04 PM 10-09-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Yeah, both Raimann AND Pryor looked like shit yesterday.

But then again, I'm betting the beer vendors were tripping over their own feet last night. Pretty garbage effort by everyone involved in that one...
I really don't think you watched Raimann hard enough in that game my dude. Raimann played quite well for a rookie in his first real start. He was technically and assignment-sound. Where he's lacking, and he can't fix it right now, is in strength and we all knew that coming in. He had a hard time anchoring against power but he still kept guys riding the arc. He had a couple of bad snaps, especially the one where he got thrown to the turf like a ragdoll, but other than that he was solid. I wish we had a rookie looking like he did. Instead, we have a 5th-year pro that wants a record contract looking worse.

Pryor now... that dude was hot garbage on more than a few plays. So was their right guard.
[Reply]
louie aguiar 12:19 PM 10-10-2022
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
Khalil Shakir.

3 catches, 75 yards, 1 TD.

He's making it hard to take him off the field.
The bills are an excellent drafting team. Gotta give 'em credit. Cook is looking really good too.
[Reply]
kccrow 05:40 PM 10-10-2022
Originally Posted by louie aguiar:
The bills are an excellent drafting team. Gotta give 'em credit. Cook is looking really good too.
Kaiir Elam has been solid and so too has Christian Benford (at least until he got hurt early week 3 against Miami).
[Reply]
OKchiefs 10:10 PM 10-10-2022
Someone wants to question who has been better than Veach in the draft, it's been Beane. 100%.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 06:17 AM 10-11-2022
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
Someone wants to question who has been better than Veach in the draft, it's been Beane. 100%.
Not recently.

Cook has been a non-factor this year. Buffalo's class has played well but with regard to corners, their D line has been owning some bad teams lately.

We get to see how good their rookie corners actually are this week.

Last year's draft KC> Buffalo and I suspect we will win this year too.
[Reply]
JPH83 11:07 AM 10-11-2022
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
Not recently.

Cook has been a non-factor this year. Buffalo's class has played well but with regard to corners, their D line has been owning some bad teams lately.

We get to see how good their rookie corners actually are this week.

Last year's draft KC> Buffalo and I suspect we will win this year too.
Their DL is good and Rousseau and Basham look impressive, but the biggest improvement has obviously been the MASSIVE contract they gave Miller.

They've drafted very well in my opinion but they've also invested a lot.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 06:56 PM 10-11-2022
Elam has been terrific for the bills

At least he’s playing instead of resting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Page 12 of 16
« First < 289101112 13141516 >
Up