« First < 45494100101102103104 105106107108114154204 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Skyy Moore Thread*****
Dante84 06:44 PM 04-29-2022
More to come!

Skyy Moore: 91.8 PFF Grade last season

�� 1st among all WRs in College Football

Patrick Mahomes has a new weapon �� pic.twitter.com/wtqsxNh0LR

— PFF Fantasy Football (@PFF_Fantasy) April 30, 2022

Patrick Mahomes is going to have a lot of fun throwing to Skyy Moore. Wins right off the line with great hands. Lots of smiles in Kansas City.

— Daniel Jeremiah (@MoveTheSticks) April 30, 2022

New Chiefs (!!) WR Skyy Moore in #ReceptionPerception:

- Ranked 2nd among charted prospects in success rate vs. man (75%) and press coverage (75.7%)
- Led all prospects in success rate vs. zone coverage (88.1%)
- He can play inside and outsidehttps://t.co/HbifB61JlJ pic.twitter.com/HYsV8rlAzF

— Matt Harmon (@MattHarmon_BYB) April 30, 2022

With the 54th Pick in the 2022 NFL Draft the @chiefs Select @skyymoore24 ��⚪️ @NFLDraft @NFL @nflnetwork @WMU_Football @espn @SportsCenter @210ths pic.twitter.com/WOPtw9M5FP

— Prospect Media (@prospectmedia_) April 30, 2022

[Reply]
Woogieman 08:07 AM 10-24-2022
He still has an elite trait...his "separation burst". He recieves the ball very well from what little I have seen. I was hoping to see more from him by this point, and I think we will by December, but I imagine a great deal of time, effort, and reps have gone to JSS and MVS, in an attempt to get THESE veterans where they need to be...if it has taken them a few months to produce at a high level, you can imagine how long it takes a rook. Catching punts is mostly confidence...imho it is on the coaches for putting a unconfident player in a position to fail. He should do better, yes, but today's punters are kicking 50 yd knuckleballs and he should have a mental break.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:16 AM 10-24-2022
Originally Posted by Woogieman:
He still has an elite trait...his "separation burst". He recieves the ball very well from what little I have seen. I was hoping to see more from him by this point, and I think we will by December, but I imagine a great deal of time, effort, and reps have gone to JSS and MVS, in an attempt to get THESE veterans where they need to be...if it has taken them a few months to produce at a high level, you can imagine how long it takes a rook. Catching punts is mostly confidence...imho it is on the coaches for putting a unconfident player in a position to fail. He should do better, yes, but today's punters are kicking 50 yd knuckleballs and he should have a mental break.
I do like his catch technique. It's like I said about MVS in the other thread - some guys you can watch play and understand why they drop balls. Then with others, their technique is better than their results.

MVS is firmly in the latter camp, IMO. I watch him play and just do not understand why he gets a rep as having stone hands. I think it really does come down to one bad year and one spectacularly bitchy quarterback throwing him the football and then gesticulating wildly when it doesn't go his way.

Watching Moore receive the ball, he does have good catch technique. He should be a really reliable underneath weapon when he figures out the routes and especially when he figures out how to diagnose defenses and work himself into the soft spots in zone coverages (which he simply wouldn't have seen as much due to the lower level of competition he faced in college). If he can start to do that more, he'll see more man matchups where he can use his short area quickness to get open.

I still don't see - at ALL - what Staylor sees with this idea that he's going to be a premier boundary receiver and not a guy who works primarily from the slot. But I still think a Sterling Shepard kind of player can still be had there.

There are things to like - he just has a fair ways to go yet.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:18 AM 10-24-2022
Moore is the perfect inside/slot WR. He's got a good stab with his hands, pulls the ball in clean, and has pretty good separation in short spaces. The guy was made for the middle of the field, IMO.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 08:24 AM 10-24-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Moore is the perfect inside/slot WR. He's got a good stab with his hands, pulls the ball in clean, and has pretty good separation in short spaces. The guy was made for the middle of the field, IMO.
If that’s the case, why the hell does KC keep drafting slot WRs and nothing else?
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:26 AM 10-24-2022
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
If that’s the case, why the hell does KC keep drafting slot WRs and nothing else?
Because that is the skillset they value. They want versatility at every WR position.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:28 AM 10-24-2022
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
Hardman wasn't drafted as a slot. He was drafted as an X, IMO (with Sammy shifting to Z and Hill essentially getting bounced from the league), and it didn't work out the way they'd planned, both in positive and negative ways.

Robinson was a flyer.

Who else have they drafted over the last 5 years that they had any reasonable expectation of success with?

I think the reason they drafted Moore is obvious, especially when combined with the addition of MVS and the continued presence of Hardman. They weren't looking to replace Hill's downfield speed - they found that elsewhere.

They were looking to replace Hill's short area quickness.

It's just a matter of pursuing a skill-set. If they don't retain JJSS and/or Hardman, they'll be pursuing completely different skill-sets in this coming draft.

It's not hard to see what they were trying to do. It's just not the route I'd have gone.
[Reply]
Bl00dyBizkitz 08:29 AM 10-24-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I don't know why you guys can't grasp the concept that this offense takes time to fully digest. That there are multiple reads both pre-snap and post snap for the receivers, and when they're not on the same page, it looks ugly. And THAT is how games like Indy happen.

Moore was never going to step in, be the day one #1 and rack up stats. No rookie would. No, not even Pickens. It was always going to take time.

Even the vets like Juju and MVS are just now starting to fully grasp it.

It's not simply a play drawn up on paper to be memorized. It's fluid, it changes based on what the defense does in real time, and it's not easy to execute those reads and do it WITH Mahomes on the fly.

He'll be fine.
Yup yup.

He's on an Andy Reid coached team, where he slow plays rookies and gives them limited snaps. And who is he supposed to be getting snaps over exactly? Obviously not Kelce, JuJu, or MVS. Maybe Hardman/Watson? How exactly is he supposed to get 50-100 yards a game when he's sharing snaps at the #3/#4 position?

If we had ZERO talent or experience at WR, sure, Moore would probably be starting every game and be given all the snaps. But that's not how our team is structured right now.
[Reply]
RunKC 08:36 AM 10-24-2022
Pickens has played at least 70% of the snaps and they are force feeding him the ball. FFS they are return to rid themselves of Chase Claypool. Much different than Skyy Moore sitting behind Juju, MVS and Hardman.

When Hardman is gone next year I think you’ll see more of Skyy doing the things he did.

But in terms of the draft, no I would not have wanted Pickens in a redraft. I’d have gone with Sam Williams instead
[Reply]
The Franchise 08:41 AM 10-24-2022
People are really bitching about not drafting Pickens? Why? So you could be in his thread bitching about the fact that he's not getting targets or starting?
[Reply]
jd1020 08:43 AM 10-24-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
People are really bitching about not drafting Pickens? Why? So you could be in his thread bitching about the fact that he's not getting targets or starting?
So we could bitch about Skyy Moore getting starts and targets for someone else.
[Reply]
louie aguiar 08:50 AM 10-24-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
So ****ing sick of hearing about George ****ing Pickens. Who ****ing cares?
He’ll always be compared to Pickens just like CEH is compared to Taylor and mcduffie to Elam etc
[Reply]
TribalElder 08:51 AM 10-24-2022
Looking forward to seeing him get more involved in the passing game

and maybe less involved in special teams
[Reply]
O.city 08:56 AM 10-24-2022
Sam Williams or Drake Jackson would have been a nice pick there
[Reply]
Lzen 09:00 AM 10-24-2022
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
dude will bust out - but he's definitely not a plug n play WR - like others in his draft class have proven to be - he'll be fine though (under Andy.)
I wonder how much playing time and/or targets those other rookie WRs would be getting if they were in Reid's offensive system. From everything I've heard, it's a complex system that takes a lot of time to learn, especially for rookies. That, to me is why it is silly to try to make comparisons to other WRs in other systems.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 09:04 AM 10-24-2022
Originally Posted by louie aguiar:
He’ll always be compared to Pickens just like CEH is compared to Taylor and mcduffie to Elam etc
And understandably so. I don’t compare McDuffie to Elam because I absolutely trust their scouting at CB.

WR/RB is a different story. Until proven otherwise their track record suggests they take players with limited skill sets to fill niche roles instead of just drafting elite talent on offense.
[Reply]
Page 104 of 280
« First < 45494100101102103104 105106107108114154204 > Last »
Up