ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2374 of 2694
« First < 1374187422742324236423702371237223732374 2375237623772378238424242474 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:53 AM 01-03-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
This one is a play where I think he was trying to protect himself. I think he was expecting another half a heartbeat to make his stride then he saw the LG collapse and the front of the pocket start to fold in. So rather than finish his stride with his front foot, he planted the front and fired from a fixed platform. That's purely an arm throw and it doesn't surprised me that it floated - that's what's gonna happen when you don't have your bottom half into the throw unless you're coming over the middle with it and can stay on top of the throw. At that point you can use your hands/wrist to snap it and keep your velocity.

Here he was trying to go to his right and without a good base, he couldn't stay on top of the throw so it floated on him.

It's hard to call that an unforced error there - there's a clear reason why he stopped his stride. Exposing that front leg as that DE (who did a nice job dodging McKinnon's chip) comes flashing through isn't a great idea.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:03 AM 01-03-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
Coverage wise, looking at what we see, why would Moore sit in that hole instead of run thru it? And if that's the case, why throw low and behind?

His initial step with the front foot was fine, but he step skipped it and ended up throwing it like an RPo.
But it wasn't. Again, that front foot is why that ball was thrown behind Moore. His front foot is WHY he didn't finish the throw - he was aimed to a point behind Moore. He needed to put that ball about 5 yards further to his left and probably 5 yards deeper. If he's aiming 5 yards further left with his front foot, I think he gives it a complete release and gets the 5 yards further downfield.

Look how locked up his hips are on that throw; the rear angle shows it perfectly. He's 'hopping' with that back foot because he's trying to bring his hips 'around' that front leg. He simply can't drive that ball to his left because he aimed his front foot to the right. So the only way to get that throw left is to lift his back foot and allow his hips to sort of free spin over his front leg. Effectively he's using his plant leg as a last ditch effort to throw his shoulders to the left and drive the ball over there. If he keeps that back foot planted, there's just no chance to get his hips around and get that ball where it should've been (that would've yielded the late off scenario and a potential interception). The 'skip' throwing mechanics were was a reaction to bad initial aim and his body attempting to compensate for it, IMO.

And if I'm guessing why Mahomes would've assumed Moore would sit there - he just mis-read the safety. Or thought he was being baited so his initial plan was to try to throw it short into a zone for a 1st down without putting a hospital ball out there. He realized as he was throwing it that the S had sold out and was trying to 'fix the glitch'.

It's a ton of speculation at that point.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:09 AM 01-03-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
The MVS throw was a timing issue. You could see it developing from the stands - Mahomes made that throw before MVS made his break and I don't know if he expected a cleaner release from MVS or just overheated the pass, but he threw it before MVS was open and it would've been an amazing play (the anticipation was spectacular) - he just led him too far.
I think you’re right. I’m concerned about this team making so many mistakes. It lost us games against the Bills and Bengals.

We aren’t beating those teams making these same mistakes
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 11:16 AM 01-03-2023
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I think you’re right. I’m concerned about this team making so many mistakes. It lost us games against the Bills and Bengals.

We aren’t beating those teams making these same mistakes
Fucking ST mistakes and FG misses
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:20 AM 01-03-2023
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Fucking ST mistakes and FG misses
Yeah - I can live with a missed read and/or overthrown deep ball here and there. Those are just things that happen in a football game.

But god damn, Toub - you have GOT to fix your shit.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 11:30 AM 01-03-2023
Yeah - I can live with a missed read and/or overthrown deep ball here and there. Those are just things that happen in a football game.

With the Skyy Moore shit, and Toney fumbling because he cradled the football in the wrong arm while running to his right. Those errors are inexcusable for an NFL player.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:33 AM 01-03-2023
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
With the Skyy Moore shit, and Toney fumbling because he cradled the football in the wrong arm while running to his right. Those errors are inexcusable for an NFL player.
Toub's done a piss-poor job this year and there's just little sugar coating it.

So many of these issues have been coaching issues. And who the hell knows if the blocked FG was but many times they are.

I don't know what's happened this year or if the newer STs players have exposed Toub as a fraud or what. But you can't claim to have some elite STs coach and then simultaneously say you need a team full of guys who's primary purpose is to be elite special teams players.

Either your guy can coach guys up or he can't. And week after week after week we're seeing guys who simply don't appear to have been coached on the finer points of STs play. We're 16 games in fells - you ain't really rookies anymore.
[Reply]
BWillie 11:47 AM 01-03-2023
Originally Posted by Monticore:
Trying to fix your golf swing on the course never works , You start thinking etc.. fix it it practice so it become muscle memory in the game .
Thats the only time I can fix my golf swing. When it matters.
[Reply]
DRM08 12:25 PM 01-03-2023

13 point swing on Special Teams in Colts game turned a 10 point win into a 3 point loss. 11 point swing on Special Teams in the 2nd Denver game turned a 14 point win into a 3 point win.

It appears they cannot trust the FG unit at all, which is horrible for close playoff games. And it appears they cannot trust the guys on the kick return unit either, with 5 lost fumbles on punt returns & kick returns this season. I would be curious to see how that ranks in the NFL.
[Reply]
RunKC 01:52 PM 01-03-2023
Look at Patrick play with his food on this one

Denver has 3 guys with eyes on Mahomes and he just picks and pokes around the pocket. Too good pic.twitter.com/2gbeWtTNF2

— Billy M (@BillyM_91) January 3, 2023

[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 08:53 PM 01-03-2023
Not that this is surprising in anyway, but Pat now overwhelming favorite to win MVP.

https://syndication.bleacherreport.c...ek-18.amp.html
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 09:14 PM 01-03-2023
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
Not that this is surprising in anyway, but Pat now overwhelming favorite to win MVP.

https://syndication.bleacherreport.c...ek-18.amp.html
Should have been that way all year, tbh
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:41 PM 01-04-2023
jesus

such bs from 98 pic.twitter.com/AuDeLKCPRB

— Zack Eisen (@zackeisen21) January 4, 2023

[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 03:33 PM 01-04-2023
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
jesus

Chris Jones would be banned from the NFL for that.
[Reply]
Rain Man 07:10 PM 01-04-2023
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Chris Jones would be banned from the NFL for that.
Did other people notice that the broncos made a lot of tackles on Kelce at knee level in addition to the low hits on Patrick Mahomes II?
[Reply]
Page 2374 of 2694
« First < 1374187422742324236423702371237223732374 2375237623772378238424242474 > Last »
Up