View Poll Results: Pay Orlando Brown Jr a 6 yr $145 mil contract
Yes 55 47.41%
No 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 57 of 343
« First < 7475354555657 5859606167107157 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Projected Contract 6 year $145 mil
dlphg9 08:17 PM 03-28-2022
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:33 AM 06-20-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
It's wild to me that the same people that don't want to spend top dollar on OBJ want to spend all the draft picks to go up and draft a LT.
Veach just proved, again, how valuable those draft picks are to the Chiefs remaining competitive when we are paying 1/2 billion to our QB. Who is worth every penny but other players myst be let go to retain money/draft picks in the pipeline.

There are only 8 players left on the team that won the SB. This will happen throughout Mahomes career. Brady won SB's with JAG WR's, good OL and defense.
[Reply]
O.city 07:39 AM 06-20-2022
I'm actually not opposed to not paying him. If they think there's another option that they could work towards, go for it.

But I also wouldn't be opposed to paying him. LT is just a spot where I don't think you can take many unknown risks.
[Reply]
TEX 07:43 AM 06-20-2022
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
If he wants to be the highest paid, and not take a team friendly deal then **** him he's not good enough to be given a blank check.
Oh, I completely agree here. If he's adamant out being the highest paid left tackle in the league... But I'm okay with giving him a Top 3 deal, because he's shown improvement last year and he's doing what it takes this offseason to get better. But that's just my opinion.

I also get the economics of the situation, so I'm not going to be all that bent out of shape if he does become the highest played LT, until the next LT in line signs a big deal.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:44 AM 06-20-2022
I'm actually not opposed to not paying him. If they think there's another option that they could work towards, go for it.
So lets hear of your vision of what that "other" option is? How did we get that other option? What did it cost?
[Reply]
O.city 07:48 AM 06-20-2022
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
So lets hear of your vision of what that "other" option is? How did we get that other option? What did it cost?
I have no idea. I'd guess maybe the draft next year, next years free agency a trade etc.
[Reply]
Coogs 07:56 AM 06-20-2022
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
I know you didn't ask me. And I know I will get hammered for stating my opinion again. But here it goes, anyway.

Move Thuney out to LT.
Put Allegretti in at LG.

Use the now 30 million in cap space (currently at 14 million + the 16 alloted to OBJ) and the draft pick or two from moving OBJ to get the D linemen to finish overhaul of the defense.

(If by chance OBJ does not get a new contract and elects not to play on the tag, I hope this is the route we go as well. Watch the regular season game vs the Bengals before just spouting off that you don't move an All-Pro. You asked for an option. I gave you one.)

Here is the link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNuDhzR37_I
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:56 AM 06-20-2022
I have no idea. I'd guess maybe the draft next year, next years free agency a trade etc.
Ok, well that's not really an acceptable answer.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:59 AM 06-20-2022
Originally Posted by Coogs:
I know you didn't ask me. And I know I will get hammered for stating my opinion again. But here it goes, anyway.

Move Thuney out to LT.
Put Allegretti in at LG.

Use the now 30 million in cap space (currently at 14 million + the 16 alloted to OBJ) and the draft pick or two from moving OBJ to get the D linemen to finish overhaul of the defense.

(If by chance OBJ does not get a new contract and elects not to play on the tag, I hope this is the route we go as well. Watch the regular season game vs the Bengals before just spouting off that you don't move an All-Pro. You asked for an option. I gave you one.)
No. That's a a terrible plan.
[Reply]
Coogs 08:05 AM 06-20-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
No. That's a a terrible plan.
It's really not a terrible plan. It's just one that you don't agree with. That doesn't make it terrible.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:08 AM 06-20-2022

Move Thuney out to LT.
Put Allegretti in at LG.

Here is the link:

Dude thats a horrible plan. Take your All-Star, maybe the best in the game at this position to a new position? Allgrettt has been inconsistent. Both of these could **** us big time. Get Mahomes hit more. And who are the backups if they are out for a couple of weeks? Even worse players playing out of position. We need consistent protection of our football savior.
Just my opinion
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:10 AM 06-20-2022
It's really not a terrible plan. It's just one that you don't agree with. That doesn't make it terrible.
Let's make 2 positions weaker? No, that's a terrible plan.
[Reply]
O.city 08:11 AM 06-20-2022

Move Thuney out to LT.
Put Allegretti in at LG.

Here is the link:

Thuney would end up having alot of the same issues everyone bitches at OBJ about becasue of his short arms and stature.
[Reply]
O.city 08:12 AM 06-20-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Ok, well that's not really an acceptable answer.
At this point, it's OBJ or bust this year. If you don't wanna pay him, keep him on the tag, hope he shows, tag and trade him next year and then look at the draft.
[Reply]
O.city 08:13 AM 06-20-2022
Take an all pro G, who's played his entire career at G and been an emergency T and move him to LT.

It's terrible and has a less than zero chance of happening.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:14 AM 06-20-2022
Thuney would end up having alot of the same issues everyone bitches at OBJ about becasue of his short arms and stature.
Plan B, if Brown sits out, is Christian. Thuney is not an NFL LT. He's not.

Now, if you're okay with Christian manning LT, that's an opinion, just one I strongly disagree with. Thuney is a bad fit for the position and moving him weakens 2 spots.

Agreed. It's a terrible idea.
[Reply]
Page 57 of 343
« First < 7475354555657 5859606167107157 > Last »
Up