ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 10
« First < 23456 78910 >
In Memoriam>RIP Skip Towne
luv 08:27 AM 07-19-2023
To our best knowledge (basically, Bwana), Skip Towne passed away on March 24, 2023. I didn't exactly have the most positive run-ins with him, but everyone who was anyone on here in the beginning deserves a thread in the In Memoriam forum.

I say we share our best (or worst) encounters with Skip, and then, only once this thread reached 100 posts, move it. :-)
[Reply]
scho63 12:41 PM 07-19-2023
My time here only overlapped 1 year with Skip Towne.

I never remember anything negative and had little interaction with him. I never earned the privilege.

Another CP Legend has moved to the great Arrowhead in the sky.

RIP Skip Towne
[Reply]
Katipan 12:47 PM 07-19-2023
I was his favorite.
So that tells you all you need to know about him.
[Reply]
Fish 12:50 PM 07-19-2023
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Never interacted with Skip. He stopped posting by the time I really started posting. Looking at his post history and found that he had 35 posts the day before his last posts here. Seems weird he just stopped all of the sudden. He wasn't fighting with anyone. It's weird.
Pretty sure I remember him getting pissed at someone and digging up some personal info on them. He was punished, and never returned.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 01:06 PM 07-19-2023
Originally Posted by Fish:
Pretty sure I remember him getting pissed at someone and digging up some personal info on them. He was punished, and never returned.
Yeah he either doxxed someone or contacted their employer or something and never came back
[Reply]
The Bad Guy 01:09 PM 07-19-2023
RIP to a CP original.
[Reply]
The Bad Guy 01:17 PM 07-19-2023
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
Yeah he either doxxed someone or contacted their employer or something and never came back
It was me. He called my building principal. This had to be over 13 years ago. Most on this board knew my real name and occupation. He was complaining about teachers pay and him and I got into it.

My principal laughed about it but he really tried to screw my professional life because of postings on an internet message board.
[Reply]
scho63 01:21 PM 07-19-2023
I think you nailed it. Someone contacted someone's employer. I remember that story.
Was it Skip Towne? :-)
[Reply]
cabletech94 01:27 PM 07-19-2023
Originally Posted by Bwana:
In this case, it won't hurt.

Here is the obit. https://www.tributearchive.com/obitu...am-scimeca-iii
Holy balls!! He wasn’t that far from me!! I’d given him the business about satellite because I’m Cable!! All in good humor, I had no idea he was that close!! Thanks for sharing this.
RIP nOOb!!
[Reply]
Lzen 01:39 PM 07-19-2023
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
If I remember correctly, he did one of the major no-no's here and was put in timeout.
Can you be more specific?

It's funny, I was just wondering the other day what happened to old Skip. I know he could be harsh but I always enjoyed his banter.
[Reply]
Lzen 01:41 PM 07-19-2023
Oh, dang. Yeah, that's taking things way too far.
[Reply]
Frazod 01:44 PM 07-19-2023
Originally Posted by The Bad Guy:
It was me. He called my building principal. This had to be over 13 years ago. Most on this board knew my real name and occupation. He was complaining about teachers pay and him and I got into it.

My principal laughed about it but he really tried to screw my professional life because of postings on an internet message board.
He was temp banned for a week, but was apparently so butthurt over it that he never returned.

Here's an interesting thread about it.

https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=222410
[Reply]
Lzen 01:49 PM 07-19-2023
Wow, looking at these old threads makes me realize that there are a lot of old posters who are no longer around here. :-) I guess that is to be expected when one has been on a forum for over 22 years.
[Reply]
ChiTown 01:54 PM 07-19-2023
Originally Posted by Frazod:
He was temp banned for a week, but was apparently so butthurt over it that he never returned.

Here's an interesting thread about it.

https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=222410
I think I made it known in that thread how I felt about Skip at that time :-)
[Reply]
ptlyon 01:54 PM 07-19-2023
Originally Posted by Lzen:
Wow, looking at these old threads makes me realize that there are a lot of old posters who are no longer around here. :-) I guess that is to be expected when one has been on a forum for over 22 years.
N00b
[Reply]
Mecca 01:55 PM 07-19-2023
Man I bet skip never came back after he was laughed at by the principal.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 10
« First < 23456 78910 >
Up