ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 22 of 27
« First < 121819202122 23242526 > Last »
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>OT Rankings
htismaqe 11:30 AM 04-10-2021
Originally Posted by Chief Northman:
I went back and watched all the 1 on 1 reps from the Sr. Bowl.

-Alex Leatherwood: pass. Guy can’t handle speed and doesn’t finish.
-Spencer Brown: Scrappy, but some rushers can get under his pads because he is so tall, and he loses leverage easily. Torques defenders too readily and gets off balance.
-D’Ante Smith: Can get a bit overwhelmed with speed to power, but he mirrors well and fights to the whistle.
-Dillon Radunz: Easily the best performer - patient in his sets, his footwork is great, he absorbs bull rushes adequately and has heavy hands with his punch. Handled power and speed effectively.

Other quick observations:
- Royce Newman and David Moore were standouts on the interior. Moore absolutely stonewalled guys and made Basham Jr. look silly - by all accounts, Basham Jr. dominated the majority of his reps, but Moore just buried him. Newman handled both speed and power well. Meinerz was also great, but he often gives up initial depth only to re-anchor and eventually win. He needs to work on getting into his sets quicker and cleaner.

Radunz is my guy - if the Chiefs take him at 31 or later I feel he would be a great fit. His run game prowess was always known, but he has textbook patience and mirroring abilities in pass pro. Measurables be damned - some have concerns with his arm length and weight - this kid will have a long pro career.
Radunz is definitely one of the more interesting prospects given what the Chiefs want/need.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:33 AM 04-10-2021
I will give staylor credit on the Florida tackle. He looks like a solid pass protector. But his big issue (he’s admitted) is his run blocking.

But we don’t require that consistently so we’re good.

Would still not like him to start this year unless absolutely necessary. I think he needs to bulk up.
[Reply]
In58men 11:45 AM 04-10-2021
Thoughts on Jalen Mayfield if he’s there @ 31?
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:54 AM 04-10-2021
Originally Posted by In58men:
Thoughts on Jalen Mayfield if he’s there @ 31?
Most people think Mayfield lacks the athleticism to play LT in the NFL. You will see him talked about as a RT or even a guard.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 11:57 AM 04-10-2021
I like Radunz, Brown, or Little at #63.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 12:13 PM 04-10-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I like Radunz, Brown, or Little at #63.

I can live with Radunz at 31. I think he’s a great fit for KC. If not him, Little or Brown at 63 sound great.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:24 PM 04-10-2021
I just don’t see it with Radunz man, especially at 31. I think he’s a G at the end of the day.

Give me Little, Forsythe, or Brown somewhere in round 2 instead.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 01:24 PM 04-10-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I just don’t see it with Radunz man, especially at 31. I think he’s a G at the end of the day.

Why? Arm length?

He has all of the other attributes I’d really want, and he’s also very smart. His senior bowl performance was strong.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:42 PM 04-10-2021
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Why? Arm length?

He has all of the other attributes I’d really want, and he’s also very smart. His senior bowl performance was strong.
I just see a small school guy that wasn’t even dominant at that level and it concerns me.
[Reply]
Chief Northman 01:31 PM 04-10-2021

2 of these 3 have hardly played while the other cannot run block
[Reply]
staylor26 01:43 PM 04-10-2021
Originally Posted by Chief Northman:
2 of these 3 have hardly played while the other cannot run block
Hence why they aren’t 1st rounders.

All 3 have legitimate above average starting LT upside though.

This is the 2nd time I’ve seen you mention Forsythe’s run blocking. Nobody is drafting Forsythe for his run blocking. It’s obviously an area where he needs to improve, but this is a passing team in a passing league.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:08 PM 04-10-2021
Hence why they aren’t 1st rounders.

All 3 have legitimate above average starting LT upside though.

This is the 2nd time I’ve seen you mention Forsythe’s run blocking. Nobody is drafting Forsythe for his run blocking. It’s obviously an area where he needs to improve, but this is a passing team in a passing league.
That's all it really is though is upside. They're literal boom-or-bust prospects in many ways.
[Reply]
RunKC 02:22 PM 04-10-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
That's all it really is though is upside. They're literal boom-or-bust prospects in many ways.
Yes but I see many of his negatives to be coachable and fixable. He looks thin for his size, which makes sense considering he’s 6’8 307 lbs. I’d like to see him put on 15-20 lbs after his rookie season which should help him with run blocking.

He’s got excellent length, height and athleticism.

Dude is athletic as hell though. Andy probably saw this clip and wanted more info on him.

Bold Prediction: With the 31st pick in the 2021 NFL draft the Kansas City Chiefs select @stone_forsythe OT, Florida. The 6-9 315 lbs Forsythe allows Mahomes to feel he’s protected from the blind side while he continues his growth in the NFL. pic.twitter.com/KB0gNBhtph

— Phillip V. McGruder (@McGruderPmac) April 5, 2021

[Reply]
staylor26 03:12 PM 04-10-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:

I know, which is why you’re getting them in round 2 as opposed to round 1 like I said...

I don’t really see your point. You don’t want to trade up for a T. You don’t want to take one at 31. Now you don’t want to take a shot at one of these guys in the 2nd? What exactly do you prefer?
[Reply]
The Franchise 02:49 PM 04-10-2021
Darrisaw has issues with his work ethic and playing 100% during games. That and he didn’t come from an offense that had many deep drops like the Chiefs do. Not to say he couldn’t but that’s an issue if you’re trading up to get him.
[Reply]
Page 22 of 27
« First < 121819202122 23242526 > Last »
Up