ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Who would you rather have on the roster?
Toney 117 75.97%
Moore 28 18.18%
Leaked nude photos of Gaz 9 5.84%
Voters: 154. You may not vote on this poll
Page 6 of 6
« First < 23456
Nzoner's Game Room>Who would you rather have on the roster - Toney or Moore?
TLO 07:07 PM 04-28-2024
For this exercise, you need to pick one or the other. Cutting them both is not an option.

Poll
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 09:15 AM 04-29-2024
Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15:
Sometimes I wonder if Toney is a cancer to this team.
It seems like whatever frustration he had with the Chiefs at the end of the season is water under the bridge now… for both sides.

The question is will he be willing to accept a lesser role to earn a roster spot… without having another temper tantrum about his usage.

The obvious answer is he has no choice if he wants to remain a Chief… but common sense and Toney don’t always go together.
[Reply]
notorious 10:03 AM 04-29-2024
Originally Posted by HemiEd:
It's like choosing between a broken toe and the flu.

I was a big Skyy Moore fan, but he just doesn't get it, I was wrong. Time to move on.

Toney has made some nice plays, but he has ****ed up repeatedly when he had the chance to make a routine catch. Also, time to move on.

Shit can them both.
Hemi crushes it. I myself was a Moore-On. Never was a fan of Phoney.

Time to move on.
[Reply]
PHOG 10:17 AM 04-29-2024
I voted for Toney as the lesser of two evils. I was intrigued by Moore when he was drafted, deferring to Bart Vatch's other worldly drafting prowess. But he just hasn't shown much progress at all. Toney could get his head on straight at any moment, but who knows.

Training camp will be huge for both. Put up, or get lost.
[Reply]
el borracho 12:28 PM 04-29-2024
At this point I would rather go back to Demarcus Robinson and Byron Pringle. But if I had to choose between Moore and Toney, I would choose Toney.

Moore offers nothing. He's not fast, he's not smart, hasn't shown great hands. If Moore somehow makes the roster that tells me Veach didn't do enough in the wide receiver room.

Toney has talent but he's always hurt and had just a terrible year last year. I've been watching football for decades and I just can't remember a WR single-handedly losing multiple games. I would have no problem starting the year with him in a limited role and seeing if he can stay healthy and hold on to the ball.
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 12:43 PM 04-29-2024
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
You ever watch his game against Dallas in his rookie season?

You ever see the way he moves in general?

Compare that to Skyy Moore. His best play in the NFL to date was on a broken coverage against the Jaguars.
No, I never watched his game from three years ago when he was playing for a different team. I understand that he has more career highlights than Skyy Moore. I would hope so for his sake.

Both guys should get a chance in training camp but if they don't produce the team should feel comfortable to part ways with either player.

They helped us win the SB in 2022 but their absence helped us win the SB in 2023.

I'm still picking Moore because he's less of a locker room distraction but I can't justify keeping Moore either. He needs to contribute to have a roster spot.

If the poll had the option of "Neither" we'd all probably click it.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:44 PM 04-29-2024
I just don't think Skyy Moore has any talent, Toney does.

I also don't think we're good enough to walk on both at the moment.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 03:02 PM 04-29-2024
Originally Posted by PHOG:
I voted for Toney as the lesser of two evils. I was intrigued by Moore when he was drafted, deferring to Bart Vatch's other worldly drafting prowess. But he just hasn't shown much progress at all. Toney could get his head on straight at any moment, but who knows.

Training camp will be huge for both. Put up, or get lost.
I'm ready to cut Moore now. Training camp isn't going to change who he is and he is a waste of a roster spot.

As for Toney, if Andy thinks there is something to give another chance to, I guess...
[Reply]
jettio 06:41 PM 04-29-2024
I expect both will make the team.

After the Raiders game, the Chiefs finally stopped running the advanced passing offense that required every WR to adjust on every route and started running straightforward plays.

Did these chiefs planet bozos even watch Chiefs games last year?

Both players were dinged and Chiefs goofed around all year running the most complex plays that the offense evolved into, when it came to time to win and stop ****ing around, Chiefs stopped ****ing around and ran plays they could execute when they needed to score or kill the clock and took the air out of the ball when they had the lead to avoid the temptation of running option route plays.

Marquise Brown and Xavier Worthy are not going to be asked to run the bullshit adjustment routes that perplexed Toney and Moore last year.

Brown, Worthy. Toney and Moore are all going to do better running more straightforward man beater or zone beater routes.
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:58 PM 04-29-2024
Originally Posted by jettio:
I expect both will make the team.

After the Raiders game, the Chiefs finally stopped running the advanced passing offense that required every WR to adjust on every route and started running straightforward plays.

Did these chiefs planet bozos even watch Chiefs games last year?

Both players were dinged and Chiefs goofed around all year running the most complex plays that the offense evolved into, when it came to time to win and stop ****ing around, Chiefs stopped ****ing around and ran plays they could execute when they needed to score or kill the clock and took the air out of the ball when they had the lead to avoid the temptation of running option route plays.

Marquise Brown and Xavier Worthy are not going to be asked to run the bullshit adjustment routes that perplexed Toney and Moore last year.

Brown, Worthy. Toney and Moore are all going to do better running more straightforward man beater or zone beater routes.

Yeah, intelligent football plays and players are so overrated.
[Reply]
jettio 07:04 PM 04-29-2024
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Yeah, intelligent football plays and players are so overrated.
Intelligence is running plays that work. Running plays that don't work is stupid.

Having a never fully healthy Toney run crosses where the ball is thrown where he is not clear of defenders behind him was fucking stupid.

When Chiefs simplified plays and gave Rice the crossing routes, the plays were designed and executed so that he would have 3-4 strides untouched after securing the ball.
[Reply]
Megatron96 07:10 PM 04-29-2024
Originally Posted by jettio:
Intelligence is running plays that work. Running plays that don't work is stupid.

Having a never fully healthy Toney run crosses where the ball is thrown where he is not clear of defenders behind him was fucking stupid.

When Chiefs simplified plays and gave Rice the crossing routes, the plays were designed and executed so that he would have 3-4 strides untouched after securing the ball.

Probably the fact that Andy began running the ball more had more impact, tbf. Went from averaging around 35% rushing to around 45% by the time we entered the playoffs. But yeah, turning MVS into a pure decoy and just manufacturing touches for Rice underneath worked. Mostly. Until we got to the SB.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 6
« First < 23456
Up