ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 15 of 16
« First < 51112131415 16 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Some prospects I love, and where I love them.
Direckshun 12:25 PM 11-18-2022
Just a rundown of some players I like. I'll use the OP as a collection of the posts I've made on them. (Strikethrough means they are returning to school.)

QB:
Cameron Ward, Washington State (4th)

RB:
Bijan Robinson, Texas (1st)
Jahmyr Gibbs, Alabama (2nd)
Devon Achane, Texas A&M (3rd)
Tank Bigsby, Auburn (3rd)
Zach Charbonnet, UCLA (3rd)
Kenny McIntosh, Georgia (4th)
Eric Gray, Oklahoma (4th)
Sean Tucker, Syracuse (5th)
Kendre Miller, TCU (6th)
Chase Brown, Illinois (7th)
Roschon Johnson, Texas (7th)
Zach Evans, Ole Miss (UDFA)

WR:
Jordan Addison, USC (1st)
Rashee Rice, SMU (1st)
Jalin Hyatt, Tennessee (2nd)
Nathaniel Dell, Jr. (2nd)
Xavier Hutchinson, Iowa State (2nd)
Jaxon Smith-Njigba, Ohio State (3rd)
Marvin Mims, Oklahoma (3rd)
Kayshon Boutte, LSU (3rd)
Josh Downs, North Carolina (5th)
Cedric Tillman, Tennessee (6th)

TE:
Luke Musgrave, Oregon State (1st)
Tucker Kraft, South Dakota State (2nd)
Dalton Kincaid, Utah (2nd)
Darnell Washington, Georgia (2nd)
Arik Gilbert, Georgia (4th)
Jaheim Bell, South Carolina (6th)
Cameron Latu, Alabama (7th)
Will Mallory, Miami (7th)

OT:
Broderick Jones, Georgia (1st)
Anton Harrison, Oklahoma (1st)
Darnell Wright, Tennessee (1st)
Peter Skoronski, Northwestern (2nd)
Jaelyn Duncan, Maryland (2nd)
Blake Freeland, BYU (2nd)
Dawand Jones, Ohio State (4th)

OG:
Cody Mauch, North Dakota State (4th)
Jarrett Patterson, Notre Dame (6th)
Nick Broeker, Ole Miss (6th)
Steve Avila, TCU (7th)

C:
Sedrick Van Pran, Georgia (5th)
Luke Wypler, Ohio State (6th)

DT:
Gervin Dexter, Florida (1st)
Bryan Bresee, Clemson (1st)
Keeanu Benton, Wisconsin (2nd)
Siaki Ika, Baylor (2nd)
Calijah Kancey, Pittsburgh (2nd)
Mazi Smith, Michigan (3rd)
Zacch Pickens, South Carolina (4th)
Byron Young, Alabama (6th)

DE:
Isaiah Foskey, Notre Dame (1st)
Andre Carter II, Army (1st)
Jared Verse, Florida State (1st)
Tyree Wilson, Texas Tech (1st)
BJ Ojulari, LSU (1st)
Derick Hall, Auburn (1st)
Felix Anudike-Uzomah, Kansas State (2nd)
Will McDonald IV, Iowa State (2nd)
Lukas Van Ness, Iowa (4th)
Isaiah McGuire, Missouri (4th)
Zach Harrison, Ohio State (5th)
Princely Umanmielen, Florida (7th)
Isaiah Land, Florida A&M (UDFA)

LB:
Henry To'o To'o, Alabama (3rd)
Mike Jones Jr., LSU (4th)
Ventrell Miller, Florida (6th)

CB:
Kyu Blu Kelly, Stanford (3rd)
Tiawan Mullen, Indiana (7th)

S:
Antonio Johnson, Texas A&M (1st)
Christopher Smith II, Georgia (2nd)
Brandon Joseph, Notre Dame (2nd)
Jordan Battle, Alabama (3rd)
J.L. Skinner, Boise State (3rd)
Sydney Brown, Illinois (4th)
Ji'Ayir Brown, Penn State (6th)
Trey Dean III, Florida (6th)
Tykee Smith, Georgia (7th)
Beejay Williamson, Louisiana Tech (UDFA)
[Reply]
kccrow 03:52 PM 02-24-2023
I have to go on about Smith-Njigba man... I mean... there is not a better route runner or a better set of hands in this class. It's not close. Even Flowers isn't close. He varies his release speed to set up defenders then snaps routes crisply and leaves guys just hanging. He finds holes in zones better than anyone. He can absolutely put clown shoes on guys with his agility in the same way Toney does in space. This guy is so insanely good his own teammates that both went in the 1st round last year said he was better than them. And they're right. If you want to see the absolute best of JSN, go watch his record-setting game against Utah in the Rose Bowl. You won't even need to watch another game. He's quick. His routes are perfect. His hands are insane. There is NOT a better fit for Andy Reid in this draft than JSN. His issue is the hamstring. If not for that, he's the best WR in this draft and it's not especially close. If this team feels remotely good about that hamstring, I have no doubt they are going to try to get him. If he falls to 31, I expect they'd sprint to the podium and take the chance either way. I'm not just saying he's good, I'm saying it's not close. Call me a homer either way but he's special.
[Reply]
JPH83 02:38 AM 02-25-2023
Originally Posted by kccrow:
I have to go on about Smith-Njigba man... I mean... there is not a better route runner or a better set of hands in this class. It's not close. Even Flowers isn't close. He varies his release speed to set up defenders then snaps routes crisply and leaves guys just hanging. He finds holes in zones better than anyone. He can absolutely put clown shoes on guys with his agility in the same way Toney does in space. This guy is so insanely good his own teammates that both went in the 1st round last year said he was better than them. And they're right. If you want to see the absolute best of JSN, go watch his record-setting game against Utah in the Rose Bowl. You won't even need to watch another game. He's quick. His routes are perfect. His hands are insane. There is NOT a better fit for Andy Reid in this draft than JSN. His issue is the hamstring. If not for that, he's the best WR in this draft and it's not especially close. If this team feels remotely good about that hamstring, I have no doubt they are going to try to get him. If he falls to 31, I expect they'd sprint to the podium and take the chance either way. I'm not just saying he's good, I'm saying it's not close. Call me a homer either way but he's special.
Hammy is the issue as you say, but could play in to our hands if it drops him, though not sure enough. My only real issue with JSN is he's played over 80% from the slot, and he's going to stay there most likely. A super reliable slot, imo, is worth a late 1st, except I wonder what it means for Moore. Not sure I'd let that stop me but still.
[Reply]
Direckshun 11:09 AM 02-25-2023
Originally Posted by JPH83:
Hammy is the issue as you say, but could play in to our hands if it drops him, though not sure enough. My only real issue with JSN is he's played over 80% from the slot, and he's going to stay there most likely. A super reliable slot, imo, is worth a late 1st, except I wonder what it means for Moore. Not sure I'd let that stop me but still.
This team has an embarrassment of riches in the slot. Skyy and Toney are already enough for literally every other team in the NFL, and it should be enough for us.

More than enough, really, given that we also have a GOAT tight end that plays out of the slot.

What the team needs are dynamic speedsters or Juju-style possession receivers.

I completely understand what kccrow is saying: just give Andy Reid the talent, and he'll make it work. Which, he will.

But we know Reid has types, and wants types. He passed on DK Metcalf so we could draft Mecole Hardman as a potential Z, given the legal soup that Tyreek was sinking into at the time.

Reid wants guys that play the roles he has for the offense. If you can't make that happen for him, he will make do and you always have Mahomes. But I don't think JSN is the dude the team needs him to be.
[Reply]
jd1020 11:24 AM 02-25-2023
No one has brought up Puka Nacua as a late round sleeper in a Saccopoo forum? Shame.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:41 AM 02-25-2023
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brother:
Based on past posts...avoid these players
Dude...this shit bugs the fuck out of me.

Direckshun might not hit on his picks but the dude puts in work EVERY FUCKING OFFSEASON. And then you've got guys who come in and talk shit when they don't post dick about the draft or any of the prospects.

Either state your own opinions...or shut the fuck up.
[Reply]
RunKC 03:29 PM 02-25-2023
Sam La Poeta from Iowa is an interesting option. He looks like a solid TE prospect
[Reply]
JPH83 03:37 PM 02-25-2023
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
This team has an embarrassment of riches in the slot. Skyy and Toney are already enough for literally every other team in the NFL, and it should be enough for us.

More than enough, really, given that we also have a GOAT tight end that plays out of the slot.

What the team needs are dynamic speedsters or Juju-style possession receivers.

I completely understand what kccrow is saying: just give Andy Reid the talent, and he'll make it work. Which, he will.

But we know Reid has types, and wants types. He passed on DK Metcalf so we could draft Mecole Hardman as a potential X, given the legal soup that Tyreek was sinking into at the time.

Reid wants guys that play the roles he has for the offense. If you can't make that happen for him, he will make do and you always have Mahomes. But I don't think JSN is the dude the team needs him to be.
Yeah I'm with you. To be fair to kccrow he's big on Scott and Hyatt as well I think and they DO seem like far more likely role players. If JJSS leaves and JSN comes in i'd argue he's basically a much better version (not a perfect comp I know and maybe I'm wrong) i.e. a zone killer in the short-intermediate. So potentially, like JJSS, he takes some of the load off of Kelce. Which is the other way to argue it I suppose - maybe he helps prolong Kelce rather than detract from him? But in this scenatio it's not good news for Moore, imo, and I say that as someone who thought Skyy had a chance to be more than a pure slot guy.
[Reply]
kccrow 03:52 PM 02-25-2023
Scott and Hyatt are guys that make MVS expendable next off-season and can mix in at any spot really. I'd expect Moore to take over JuJu's role in this case as those guys learn and get filtered in.

JSN would immediately replace JuJu. You can still filter Moore around and probably look more at him as the Hardman snaps instead.

Look, I like Toney. I don't trust Toney to ever stay healthy. He's a nice anywhere piece you move around but I can't fathom he's going to just take over a spot and be relied on.

JSN never had an issue in 2021 so maybe the hammy for him is a one-time thing. Toney is an all-the-time thing.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 09:10 AM 02-27-2023
Originally Posted by kccrow:
Scott and Hyatt are guys that make MVS expendable next off-season and can mix in at any spot really. I'd expect Moore to take over JuJu's role in this case as those guys learn and get filtered in.

JSN would immediately replace JuJu. You can still filter Moore around and probably look more at him as the Hardman snaps instead.

Look, I like Toney. I don't trust Toney to ever stay healthy. He's a nice anywhere piece you move around but I can't fathom he's going to just take over a spot and be relied on.

JSN never had an issue in 2021 so maybe the hammy for him is a one-time thing. Toney is an all-the-time thing.
Yeah, I'd add that CP fans who want Toney to be our #1 are asking a bit too much of him. He's our x-factor, gadget guy, and I think he's best as our #3 WR.
[Reply]
Direckshun 10:37 AM 02-27-2023
DE/LB Isaiah Land, Florida A&M

I still don't think the NFL even knows what to do with the players that come out every year who show serious passrushing juice as full time DEs but they come in at 220 lbs. DE Nick Herbig is so talented, however, that I'll be fascinated with how the NFL tries to square that circle. Isaiah Land presents the same issues, only from a smaller school.

And of course, if I told you there was a talented DE that's 220 lbs to consider, you'd ask if he had the technique, the athletic profile, and the motor to justify it. The answers across the board are yes. He was not only a sack machine for FA&M, he turns the corner as viciously has Herbig, and shows great ability to execute mature passrushing plans with counters and bull rushes and spin moves. If I was building a team for the Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference, he is a perfect prospect. But that's miles different from playing in the NFL, where the tackles are all going to be stronger than you, and most of them should be able to counter your initial darts to the outside shoulder.

So the questions begin to pile up: (a.) he is 6'4", how much muscle can he add? (b.) how is he dropping into coverage if we asked him to, (c.) does he have a skillset that translates to SLB, who can put his hand in the dirt on obvious passing downs? So on and so forth. I don't pretend to know what the answers to those are, and therefore I'm not even sure I'd drop a 7th on him unless I was in dire need of special teamers (which the Chiefs are). But as a UDFA, I'd be fascinated.
[Reply]
Direckshun 10:49 AM 02-27-2023
RB Kendre Miller, TCU

It's not exactly going out on a branch to say that the RB Isiah Pacheco experience is just getting started. This past season, he was primarily your running down back, with RB Jerick McKinnon taking the passing down reps. But as the season went on, the Chiefs started trusting Pacheco more and more in the passing game, both as a receiver and as a blocker. And with his incredible work ethic, I wouldn't bet against Pacheco taking that role, especially if McKinnon ends up moving on in free agency.

With RB Clyde Edwards-Helaire on the chopping block, that does mean the Chiefs will need to body out their RB room with running downs runners, and Miller seems to fit the mold as a late round pick. There are better options earlier in the draft, but Miller gives you a RB LeVeon Bell running style that is smart and fundamentally sound between the tackles with a little bit of off tackle juice.

He's as uncomplicated a back as there is in this draft, a power back ready to take snaps in Week One. There's been a lot of talk about the Chiefs needing to add speed in their backfield, and I'm one of them. But they also need more muscle, especially with the powerful OL that GM Brett Veach has assembled. The Chiefs have taken low-round and UDFA power backs before and gotten them to develop into more reliable passing game threats, such as RB Spencer Ware. I don't think Miller has Ware's wiggle, but maybe he could develop it. For a late round pick, I'd be willing to find out.
[Reply]
Direckshun 12:21 PM 02-27-2023
RB Kenny McIntosh, Georgia

The fun thing about value, over which I've argued with kccrow endlessly on this forum, is that it's not equal for players for every team. Some teams value, say, Notre Dame's OG James Patterson so much that he's a sneaky second-day pick. The Chiefs are so solid at guard that they really don't need him, but if he's sitting there in the 6th for some ungodly reason, alright. Same with TCU's OG Steve Avila, who will go on Day 2 but I wouldn't touch for the Chiefs unless he was miraculously there in round 7. Kenny McIntosh is the complete opposite of that reality.

The warning signs for a middling RB are all there: he doesn't possess top-end speed (though he is plenty fast), his running style will need some work, he has questions about workload etc etc. Sure. But he's a player, guys. He's a player. He played in a star-studded Georgia Bulldogs offense and he destroyed. Well, I don't think that's the knock you think it is, because he'd be playing in a star-studded Kansas City Chiefs offense. He's got really good size and like RB Isiah Pacheco, can punish teams if they give him a lane. He looks great in the passing game, and should have very high upside in pass protection. He's a smart runner, tough to bring down, with fantastic hands.

He's just more valuable in this offense than he's going to be for virtually all the others. Spending a 3rd on him may be too generous, but what would you spend on a guy who, by the end of his rookie season, can take all of your passing reps if need be, and can be a reliable part of a stable behind an OL who wants to plow people into the dirt. He also provides a size that the Chiefs badly need in short yardage situations. I mean, that's at least a 4th. It's possible it's worth more than that after the Combine.
[Reply]
Direckshun 12:36 PM 02-27-2023
WR Kayshon Boutte, LSU

Kayshon Boutte is a talented player in a vacuum, and I think most fanbases would be excited to bring him in on the second day of the draft. But Chiefs fans may roll their eyes: he is a one-dimensional vertical threat who occasionally makes highlight catches and drops routine passes. He can go off for 8 catches, 250 yards one game, and then 1 catch for 13 yards the next. He is not useful throughout the route tree, but if used properly, he will put near-constant stress on the backside of every defense.

He's... WR Marquez Valdez-Scantling. And teams need that, every receiving corps need guys like that. But Chiefs fans are simply not going to excited to rake him in. But I think he is very likely to end up a 2nd day pick if the Chiefs go at another position early in the draft and/or they end up cutting Valdez-Scantling. And this is a team that needs to get faster all over its offense, and while this guy is probably valuable to almost every team in the league, HC Andy Reid should be able to utilize him better than virtually everyone else.

The Combine will obviously be critical for him, as it is for all players. What are his exact measurables? Can he hit a 4.3 40 yard dash? How do his hands look throughout the drills, and how does his stop/start look? How diverse of a tree could this guy run? And I just think that he's going to be able to answer most of these questions exactly how you'd expect someone with his skillset would, and he's going to be a good-not-great pick for someone in the 3rd round.
[Reply]
raybec 4 12:40 PM 02-27-2023
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
WR Kayshon Boutte, LSU

Kayshon Boutte is a talented player in a vacuum, and I think most fanbases would be excited to bring him in on the second day of the draft. But Chiefs fans may roll their eyes: he is a one-dimensional vertical threat who occasionally makes highlight catches and drops routine passes. He can go off for 8 catches, 250 yards one game, and then 1 catch for 13 yards the next. He is not useful throughout the route tree, but if used properly, he will put near-constant stress on the backside of every defense.

He's... WR Marquez Valdez-Scantling. And teams need that, every receiving corps need guys like that. But Chiefs fans are simply not going to excited to rake him in. But I think he is very likely to end up a 2nd day pick if the Chiefs go at another position early in the draft and/or they end up cutting Valdez-Scantling. And this is a team that needs to get faster all over its offense, and while this guy is probably valuable to almost every team in the league, HC Andy Reid should be able to utilize him better than virtually everyone else.

The Combine will obviously be critical for him, as it is for all players. What are his exact measurables? Can he hit a 4.3 40 yard dash? How do his hands look throughout the drills, and how does his stop/start look? How diverse of a tree could this guy run? And I just think that he's going to be able to answer most of these questions exactly how you'd expect someone with his skillset would, and he's going to be a good-not-great pick for someone in the 3rd round.
I really don't want to draft a guy who drops the easy ones and makes the circus catches.
[Reply]
Direckshun 04:07 PM 02-27-2023
WR Nathaniel Dell, Jr., Houston

The existing WRs under contract for this team are both intermediate route geniuses in WR Kadarius Toney and WR Skyy Moore, as well as a one-dimensional deep threat in WR Marques Valdez-Scantling. I anticipate the Chiefs will bring back another player or two from their Super Bowl run, but there's no question that Toney and Moore both play a similar role in different ways. What the team needs is a true X receiver who can be a physical possession player, or a dynamic Z receiver who can allow HC Andy Reid's playcalling's freak flag fly. And I've undervalued some players in this draft, like WR Jaxon Smith=Njigba, because they don't fit cleanly into either of those needs.

Well, I'm not sure Dell does either. But I'm sure as hell interested to find out. A criminally skinny speed demon, "Tank" Dell has a sudden quickness that... I'm honestly not sure I've ever seen before. Some players have shown it: RB Barry Sanders, WR Dante Hall, WR Kadarius Toney... but this guy lives in it. He has some moves that human beings, even the elite ones he will soon be playing with, simply do not have. I'm not sure I've seen a shiftier player.

As a pure receiver, he will be a work in progress, but the reason WR Tyreek Hill went from a gadget player to a true Z dynamo was because of his (football) intelligence and unbelievable competitive spirit. Dell seems to have both of those. He will enter the Chiefs as a gadget player, and a dynamic slot guy, but he could very well develop into the longterm Z that they need.

If he doesn't, he's what Toney already is. What's that worth to you? A 2nd? Sign me up.
[Reply]
Page 15 of 16
« First < 51112131415 16 >
Up