ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 17 of 432
« First < 71314151617 181920212767117 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official '22/'23 Defending Natl' Champion KU Men’s Basketball Repository Thread***
cmh6476 12:54 PM 05-16-2022
The Team:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/roster/

The Schedule:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/schedule/
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:57 AM 06-25-2022
Originally Posted by Lzen:
There's a lot of truth that the perception with some around here is that white guys can't be as athletic.

Admittedly, I didn't think Braun was a 1st rd talent. But hey, wtf do I know?
Hell I was surprised how well he tested. Maybe I'm racist, but it looked like he was plodding at times on the court. I think a lot of it is he isn't a smooth athlete, like say Ben McLemore.

But he was getting buzz. And looking at it as if you were trying to talk yourself into CB, his defense got a lot better, he was really fucking good in transition, he's got nice size and doesn't do a bunch of stuff that will kill you.

I probably don't agree, but I'm consistently wrong on the draft stuff. Almost to a point.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 10:00 AM 06-25-2022
Originally Posted by Lzen:
There's a lot of truth that the perception with some around here is that white guys can't be as athletic.

Admittedly, I didn't think Braun was a 1st rd talent. But hey, wtf do I know?
I think Braun was a very good college player. But, other than his vertical, I don't understand what any NBA person sees in his game that they think translates.

I am sorry, but who in TF can he guard in the NBA? Could he guard Poole from GSW? No.

Maybe, I mean maybe, he could guard Pritchard or Grant Williams from the Celtics. If he improves his defense.

His shot mechanics are horrible. He pulls the ball from his waist into his shooting motion as slow as anyone I can remember, and shoots a very flat shot.

Unless he is literally standing wide, wide open, that shit is going to get blocked in the NBA.

He cannot shoot coming off a screen the way Och can, and he doesn't have a tight handle that can make it through traffic.

He jumps high. That's it.

I loved Braun, and have since he was a freshman. I literally defensed him when people complained about his minutes or role in the starting lineup.

He should have come back, in regards to his development, but it looks like he got good advice and was actually taken in the first round. Good for him.

KU has lost many guys to an early draft grade, but guys like T-Rob, Julian Wright, etc. didn't make a ton of NBA money after their first contract. Why? Because they really needed more time to develop.

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:10 AM 06-25-2022
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
I think Braun was a very good college player. But, other than his vertical, I don't understand what any NBA person sees in his game that they think translates.

I am sorry, but who in TF can he guard in the NBA? Could he guard Poole from GSW? No.

Maybe, I mean maybe, he could guard Pritchard or Grant Williams from the Celtics. If he improves his defense.

His shot mechanics are horrible. He pulls the ball from his waist into his shooting motion as slow as anyone I can remember, and shoots a very flat shot.

Unless he is literally standing wide, wide open, that shit is going to get blocked in the NBA.

He cannot shoot coming off a screen the way Och can, and he doesn't have a tight handle that can make it through traffic.

I loved Braun, and have since he was a freshman. I literally defensed him when people complained about his minutes or role in the starting lineup.

He should have come back, in regards to his development, but it looks like he got good advice and was actually taken in the first round. Good for him.

KU has lost many guys to an early draft grade, but guys like T-Rob, Julian Wright, etc. didn't make a ton of NBA money after their first contract. Why? Because they really needed more time to develop.

To be fair if locking down Poole would be a requirement to be drafted there would be like 10 dudes drafted.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 11:36 AM 06-25-2022
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:

So in love with this basic post you had to make it twice? While not verbatim to the last one, it is essentially the same post.

Perhaps if you post it a 3rd time we will all really finally get your point.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 12:35 PM 06-25-2022
I’m skeptical Braun will be a good NBA player myself but that has more to do with his shot and his basketball IQ, not his athleticism or defense.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 12:45 PM 06-25-2022
Braun is also a Red Ass that I think some teams need. He is going to yell and get Technicals because that is apart of his game. I don't know if teams will feed off that but some of these teams are just lame. A spark would do them good. Some of that spark will be a monster dunk
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 02:40 PM 06-25-2022
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
I’m skeptical Braun will be a good NBA player myself but that has more to do with his shot and his basketball IQ, not his athleticism or defense.
Basketball IQ? I don't really remember thinking of Braun as being bone headed and he always struck me as reasonable solid when it came to fundamentals.

To get playing time in the NBA his shooting will have to continue to improve.

He does have some shot blocking skills. I am curious to see if he has enough quickness to not be a liability on defense at the NBA level.
[Reply]
Kiimo 02:55 PM 06-25-2022
it's been a while since I've seen the "guys can only develop in college" hot take from a KU fan who just wants guys to stay at their program for selfish reasons. As if Thomas Robinson was only going to improve at Kansas to prevent him from being a bust. What an asinine take.

Are you actually saying that TRob made the jump early after getting drafted 5? Just lmao this opinion is so early 2000s Jayhawk Slant I'm dying laughing.
[Reply]
BWillie 02:59 PM 06-25-2022
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
If Braun had Jalen Wilsons footwork, feel and bball IQ he would he a top 10 pick.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 03:20 PM 06-25-2022
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
Basketball IQ? I don't really remember thinking of Braun as being bone headed and he always struck me as reasonable solid when it came to fundamentals.
Braun would quite often pass up open shots at times and drive into areas where he never should have. He seemed to doubt himself regularly, make decisions slowly, and it didn't help that he wasn't a particularly good passer. That's gonna have to stop at next level if he wants to play. Jokic is gonna get him open shots and he'll have to take them and make them with quick precision.

Originally Posted by :
To get playing time in the NBA his shooting will have to continue to improve.

He does have some shot blocking skills. I am curious to see if he has enough quickness to not be a liability on defense at the NBA level.
I actually think he'll be able to defend. He's quite athletic and sneaky long out there.
[Reply]
RustShack 03:22 PM 06-25-2022
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Ochai Agbaji will be the best player in the history of the Cleveland Cavaliers
A lot of fans don’t like it. I think it’s pretty good considering we were picking 14. Should compliment Garland and Mobley nicely.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 06:59 PM 06-25-2022
Originally Posted by RustShack:
A lot of fans don’t like it. I think it’s pretty good considering we were picking 14. Should compliment Garland and Mobley nicely.
If Och had 30% of the Mamba Mentality, he would have been the NPOY.

He absolutely needs to develop some of that type of attitude and thinking to stay in the league and get a nice second contract.

There will be a lot of guys on NBA rosters next season who have the same skill set an weren't drafted at 14, or weren't drafted at all. Och has the skills to be great, and the work ethic to get better.

He just needs to get the right mindset.

[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 07:15 PM 06-25-2022
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
it's been a while since I've seen the "guys can only develop in college" hot take from a KU fan who just wants guys to stay at their program for selfish reasons. As if Thomas Robinson was only going to improve at Kansas to prevent him from being a bust. What an asinine take.

Are you actually saying that TRob made the jump early after getting drafted 5? Just lmao this opinion is so early 2000s Jayhawk Slant I'm dying laughing.
What's better, being a lottery pick, and ending up in the G League or in Europe before your rookie contract is up, or being drafted late 1st, or even late second, and being more developed and mature, and getting a second contract in the NBA?

When players are expected to be lottery picks, they should absolutely go, especially if they need the money.

But, if you don't need the money, or can make it through another year, stay, because you will only get better.

T-Rob didn't need the money because of the trust from people donating to him and his sister. He felt responsible for her, and left. He was a lottery pick, and it was a good call in the short term.

There were parts of his game that he could have worked on, as the combine scouts told him. He was drafted into a position he never really played in college. He had trouble adjusting to his new position and role, he got down on himself, he struggled, and in the end, he wasn't a very good NBA player.

If he had come back, and let the staff work with him for an entire season with those combine notes in mind, he could have been much more successful in the NBA.

Leaving school and being drafted in the first round, or especially as a lottery pick, is always the right decision, and what Bill Self has ALWAYS told his players to do.

Another example is Ben Mclemore. He had a textbook release and jump shot. Could jump out of the gym. Turns out, he knew nothing about playing guard in college or the pros. Was it the right decision to come out? Yes. In the short term. Had he played one more, or even two more seasons at KU, chances are much better that he would have been a real impact player in the NBA.

Julian Wright was a lottery pick. He was an extremely talented college player, who was drafted on potential. However, turns out that he didn't really have a position in the NBA. He wasn't particularly strong, and didn't really have an NBA body. Guess what would have helped him? Yep, more time in college, with a great strength & conditioning staff, and time to work on parts of his game to help him translate his talent to the NBA. But, he got that big lotto pick contract.

I am saying that a second NBA contract is better in the long run, than one contract. Players who are more developed coming out of college are more likely to get that second NBA contract.

Unless you are truly an elite player like Wiggins or Embiid, that second contract should be the goal.

[Reply]
KC_Connection 07:23 PM 06-25-2022
If somebody is going to give Braun a guaranteed NBA contract for two years (which is what a 1st round pick will get him, regardless of where he is drafted), he'd be out of his mind not to take that opportunity. Especially as a junior at his age (21). I'm still a bit surprised it happened for him like this and it probably wouldn't have without the fortuitous title run.

The Nuggets in particular are also a great spot for him given the space that Jokic gives his teammates. If he's got something to give at this level, you'd have to think we'll see it there.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 07:48 PM 06-25-2022
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Braun Mom’s tits

Anyone see?
I’m always - always - ahead of the CURVES

Christian Braun’s mom ‘knows’ she had Twitter losing it during 2022 NBA Draft

By Jaclyn Hendricks
June 24, 2022 8:26am Updated

https://nypost.com/2022/06/24/twitte...022-nba-draft/

[Reply]
Page 17 of 432