ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 254 of 258
« First < 154204244250251252253254 255256257258 >
Nzoner's Game Room>2023 Free Agency
O.city 11:01 AM 03-01-2023
Figured we could get one of these going as well.

Who's some guys we like, would like to see in KC?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:19 AM 04-19-2023
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I don't think any of Robinsons money is guaranteed so if he's done they can cut him for no loss.
Not sure if that's correct.

His salary was guaranteed this year. So the amount of that salary that LA didn't bonus out to absorb should STILL be guaranteed.

That's why the Rams couldn't just cut him outright - his money was guaranteed this year.
[Reply]
kccrow 10:38 AM 04-19-2023
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Yeah. They could have just kept Bates if they wanted to pay a safety.
They could have but they created alot of animosity there when they didn't pay him last year and Bates didn't really play as hard as a result. They do have the space yet if they wanted to make it happen. Not that they will, more of a I hope they don't.
[Reply]
Wilson8 12:01 AM 04-20-2023
Three Veteran NFL Free Agents

Dependent on how the Chiefs draft goes, these players could be good additions for KC

RB Jerick McKinnon - Would probably be 2nd or 3rd RB for the Chiefs. He has value to KC but what type of money will it take to sign?

OL Dalton Risner - Played LG for Denver but RT for K State. The 6-5, 312 pound, 28 years old Risner has stayed healthy and would help solidify the offensive line.

DE Carlos Dunlap - Has been pretty healthy for his NFL career and played 17 games with 50% of snaps and had 39 tackles, 4 sacks, and 12 QB Hits for KC last season. He signed last year for $3M so his contract this year should not be too expensive.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 06:20 AM 04-20-2023
Originally Posted by Wilson8:
Three Veteran NFL Free Agents

Dependent on how the Chiefs draft goes, these players could be good additions for KC

RB Jerick McKinnon - Would probably be 2nd or 3rd RB for the Chiefs. He has value to KC but what type of money will it take to sign?

OL Dalton Risner - Played LG for Denver but RT for K State. The 6-5, 312 pound, 28 years old Risner has stayed healthy and would help solidify the offensive line.

DE Carlos Dunlap - Has been pretty healthy for his NFL career and played 17 games with 50% of snaps and had 39 tackles, 4 sacks, and 12 QB Hits for KC last season. He signed last year for $3M so his contract this year should not be too expensive.
I'm in.

I'd check in on Ngakoue and Clowney too
[Reply]
Wilson8 01:19 PM 04-20-2023
McKinnon in Chiefs plans -

Originally Posted by :
The productive pass-catching back remains unsigned, sitting out a market that produced a host of low-cost deals in March. But the Chiefs still have McKinnon in their 2023 plans. Praising the team’s two-year contributor, GM Brett Veach said (via The Athletic’s Nate Taylor) Thursday they plan to begin discussions with the veteran after the draft.
https://www.profootballrumors.com/20...al-after-draft
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:21 PM 04-20-2023
McKinnon in Chiefs plans -

https://www.profootballrumors.com/20...al-after-draft
By the way, we have direct quotes from Veach that he intends to "double" efforts with McKinnon after the draft.

I still don't think he probably signs until really late, like June, but it sounds like they haven't even made a full effort to re-sign him yet.
[Reply]
Urc Burry 01:29 PM 04-20-2023
RB is the one forgotten spot in the draft. A few of us have been drooling over Jahmyr Gibbs, probably unlikely. But I wouldn’t be surprised if one is taken in the first 3 rounds. Pacheco is the only lock to be on the roster at this point. He can still be solid in the pass game. But we really relied on McKinnon down the stretch
[Reply]
Mecca 01:31 PM 04-20-2023
Originally Posted by Urc Burry:
RB is the one forgotten spot in the draft. A few of us have been drooling over Jahmyr Gibbs, probably unlikely. But I wouldn’t be surprised if one is taken in the first 3 rounds. Pacheco is the only lock to be on the roster at this point. He can still be solid in the pass game. But we really relied on McKinnon down the stretch
That'd be a waste when you could get a Kenny McIntosh or Isreal Abanikanda in the 4th.
[Reply]
kccrow 06:26 PM 04-20-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I believe I got 2; I obviously had Taylor but also thought Richie James would be a nice guy to target. I mentioned Omenihu as well but don't think I ever said we would sign him because he had that domestic violence accusation right before FA started. Definitely didn't have us on Tranquill or Edwards.
Had Taylor in a few mocks but nothing here in the lounge. I love the pickup. I'm still not 100% sold on him at LT but we'll see. Love him at RT. Veach was non-committal so it seems dependent upon what the draft brings. I feel pretty confident he's going to look hard at options at LT even if they don't start this year. I'm definitely not ruling out a trade up if a guy like Jones makes it into his comfort zone, which sounded like 18 on based on his presser.

I wasn't keyed on Omenihu much this year figuring he'd be out of the price range Veach would spend there but hell of a pickup. Richie James was completely off my radar. Nice find. Tranquill and Edwards are starter-quality additions which means Gay, Chenal and Cook are on notice this year. He surprised me. I would have much preferred spending the money that was spent on one of these guys on Greg Gaines but it is what it is. Veach has work to do at DT in the draft and post-draft FA.
[Reply]
tredadda 07:41 PM 04-20-2023
That'd be a waste when you could get a Kenny McIntosh or Isreal Abanikanda in the 4th.
Isiah and Israel on the same team? What a match that would make PB weep.
[Reply]
Wilson8 01:23 AM 04-21-2023
I had seen some total numbers on the Justin Watson contract but had not seen the details until now.

2023 - $1,080,000 Base, $150,000 Signing Bonus $20,000 Workout Bonus, $1,250,000 Cap, $1,080,000 Guaranteed,

2024 - $1,470,000 Base, $150,000 Prorated Bonus, $510,000 Roster Bonus, $20,000 workout Bonus, $2,150,000 Cap

Pretty good contract for KC.
[Reply]
Wilson8 11:06 AM 04-21-2023
Greg Auman of Fox Sports on Twitter - (I could not find this verified by overthecap.com or spotrac.com)

Originally Posted by :
QB Blaine Gabbert's one-year deal with Chiefs is a veteran salary benefit contract -- minimum salary of $1.165 million plus $152,500 in bonus. He made $2.25 million with the Bucs last season.
If this is true, then this is another good contract for the Chiefs. Also means it will be an open competition between Shane and Blaine, if KC did not guarantee Gabbert very much money.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:10 AM 04-21-2023
Greg Auman of Fox Sports on Twitter - (I could not find this verified by overthecap.com or spotrac.com)

If this is true, then this is another good contract for the Chiefs. Also means it will be an open competition between Shane and Blaine, if KC did not guarantee Gabbert very much money.
Which Blaine is 99% likely to win, the Chiefs like a backup that is good on the board and can contribute at meetings and game planning.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:11 AM 04-21-2023
Buechele has been working out with the WRs and TEs down in Texas with Mahomes. He's always working out with his trainer too. He's at least doing the right thing.
[Reply]
Wilson8 11:19 AM 04-21-2023
Which Blaine is 99% likely to win, the Chiefs like a backup that is good on the board and can contribute at meetings and game planning.
That might be, but Shane has been kept around by KC, has had some decent preseason games, and at Texas and SMU passed for 11,660 yards and 87 TDs.

The Chiefs might also keep 3 QBs. The NFL is still kicking around being able to have an extra QB on game day rosters.
[Reply]
Page 254 of 258
« First < 154204244250251252253254 255256257258 >
Up