View Poll Results: Pay Orlando Brown Jr a 6 yr $145 mil contract
Yes 55 47.41%
No 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 160 of 343
« First < 60110150156157158159160 161162163164170210260 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Projected Contract 6 year $145 mil
dlphg9 08:17 PM 03-28-2022
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
[Reply]
O.city 09:44 AM 09-16-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I'd be willing to do that but like I said - gotta triage it. Find a guy who's strengths align with your philosophy.

More and more data points are emerging that say Brown probably isn't that guy.
I can't see trotting out someone like that though. They wanted Williams, they went after Brown.

They're gonna triage it, with a fucking shotgun.

So at that point, you're looking at draftable guys who probably are gonna have to be traded up for.

Fuck, we really need OBJ to play better I guess.
[Reply]
O.city 09:48 AM 09-16-2022
Andre Dillard will potentially be a FA. I guess you coudl go that route.
[Reply]
ModSocks 09:55 AM 09-16-2022
I'll have to rewatch before commenting on any of this. That Chargers defense looked like the real deal last night. Pressure came from seemingly everywhere, they did an outstanding job of containing the pocket and there was no separation from our WR's to be found.

It's almost looked like they were a top 3 AFC team that's faced Mahomes twice a year for 5 years or something.
[Reply]
penguinz 10:02 AM 09-16-2022
Good thing that the fat fucks on CP know more about tackle play than the best LT the Chiefs have ever had.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 10:03 AM 09-16-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
Andre Dillard will potentially be a FA. I guess you coudl go that route.
Let's replace one guy who sucks with another who sucks.
[Reply]
srvy 10:08 AM 09-16-2022
Originally Posted by Razaele:
HOF LT knows nothing about playing LT. /CP
Do you really expect a Chiefs Alumni who is around the facilities at games and speaks with the players does function for the Chiefs to be critical?:-)
[Reply]
Chiefnj2 10:20 AM 09-16-2022
If he signed that deal over the summer everyone would be saying he’s overpaid and it’s another Frank Clark contract.

If someone is playing well the money doesn’t seem to matter as much.
[Reply]
-King- 10:25 AM 09-16-2022
Also, stop using sacks as a way to measure how the line played when it comes to Mahomes. In Superbowl 55, when he played with virtual no line, he only took 3 sacks.

Sacks allowed are a terrible way to measure O-line play when you have a great QB.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 10:33 AM 09-16-2022
We're not saying anything new, OBJ is a great run blocker but average at pass protection.

Of course you'll get but but finding OTs ever average ones are HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARD! Brown doesn't have the feet almost fell on his ass many times against Bosa/Mack the kid doesn't have the footwork or athletic ability.

Some will stick their head in ground never admit that they're wrong. Orlando isn't worth an elite level contract
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 10:52 AM 09-16-2022
Guys, after watching it again, I think you'd be hard-pressed to watch Orlando Brown 1x1 in that game and find him being a huge problem.

He did get flagged for holding on the Hardman PI play, matched up against Bosa.

But he held up really well against these guys. 1x holding penalty, 1 very clear pressure (vs. Mack) and 1 questionable pressure (against Bosa).

As from the beginning, the structure of the contract for KC is important. But clearly the Chiefs are approaching it from that angle or the contract would be done already.
[Reply]
ModSocks 10:54 AM 09-16-2022
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Guys, after watching it again, I think you'd be hard-pressed to watch Orlando Brown 1x1 in that game and find him being a huge problem.

But he held up really well against these guys. 1x holding penalty, 1 very clear pressure (vs. Mack) and 1 questionable pressure (against Bosa).
Kinda what i imagined i'd see.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 10:56 AM 09-16-2022
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Kinda what i imagined i'd see.
It's also pretty noticeable that his kick step is better and his agility has improved. He's cutting off the tight outside speed rush angle pretty regularly and power rush moves remain non-starters for his matchups.
[Reply]
BossChief 11:52 AM 09-16-2022
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
So, in 2 games, Pat has been sacked once, and thrown ZERO INT's. What are we bitching about again?
I think that if we are being honest Pat has thrown 4-5 interceptions. It’s just a good thing defenders can’t catch.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 11:55 AM 09-16-2022

As from the beginning, the structure of the contract for KC is important. But clearly the Chiefs are approaching it from that angle or the contract would be done already.
Willie Roaf said the same thing this morning.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 12:20 PM 09-16-2022
It's also pretty noticeable that his kick step is better and his agility has improved. He's cutting off the tight outside speed rush angle pretty regularly and power rush moves remain non-starters for his matchups.

Outside of Khalil Mack being Patrick's face 80% of the game. Average isn't good
[Reply]
Page 160 of 343
« First < 60110150156157158159160 161162163164170210260 > Last »
Up