ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 9
« First < 34567 89 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Respect Thread for Baker Mayfield!!!!
Megatron96 10:48 PM 12-08-2022
That may have been the single most impressive performance by a QB not named Pat Mahomes that I've ever seen on that last 98-yard drive to beat the Raiders.

Just feel like congratulations are in order and a show of respect for a job well done.

[doesn't hurt that he did it to the hated Raiders as well]

Nice job, Baker. Proud of you, Sooner!!!!

[Reply]
Megatron96 09:20 PM 12-09-2022
Some Next Gen stats on the last drive:
https://twitter.com/NextGenStats/sta...75518387851264
https://www.nfl.com/videos/next-gen-...etions-week-14
Rarefied air.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 09:25 PM 12-09-2022
I hope they make that midget douchebag their QB. Watching him lose makes me smile and he will lose over time
[Reply]
Oxford 09:37 PM 12-09-2022
[QUOTE=kcpasco;16654916]Mayfield is what he is. A mediocre QB who is a drama queen that had a good ending to a game. /QUOTE]

Absolutely this. When the going gets tough, Baker Mayfield's mouth gets going. There is a reason why he was released from Carolina in favor of Sam Darnold
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:41 PM 12-09-2022
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
I hope they make that midget douchebag their QB. Watching him lose makes me smile and he will lose over time
Yes. Giant contract, please.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 10:11 PM 12-09-2022
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
2nd and 98 with that little time left is more than just throwing a TD against a bad defense even for a normal starting QB. Let alone one who just signed.
Yes, it was no doubt low odds, flukey, and probably the highlight of his career.

I don't know why anyone expects anything from athletes off the field whether they are appearing in every other commercial or not.

Or if he is cheating on on his wife, seems like that would be between him and his wife.

:-)

Although obviously at some point given that people do seem to care it could effect his endorsements.
These are the same people who really believed that Hulk Hogan trained, said his prayers and ate his vitamins.

They're conditioned into believing in the superhero-esque rectitude as part of what they're cheering for; Chiefs are 'good guys' while the Raiders are...well, they actually are a bunch of tatted up rapists, theiving crackheads who are on parole - most likely absconded or are about to...

So, I forgot what my point was, so I'm going to go with 'fuck the Raiders.'
[Reply]
Megatron96 10:42 PM 12-09-2022
[QUOTE=Oxford;16656251]
Originally Posted by kcpasco:
Mayfield is what he is. A mediocre QB who is a drama queen that had a good ending to a game. /QUOTE]

Absolutely this. When the going gets tough, Baker Mayfield's mouth gets going. There is a reason why he was released from Carolina in favor of Sam Darnold
Well 'duh.'

No one is disputing that Baker has a maturity problem, or that he's been wildly inconsistent as an NFL QB. This isn't about whether he'll even ever win another game. It's about this game.

You know what people came to love about Ryan Fitzpatrick? It's because he was another wildly inconsistent QB with a big personality. But when he was on an upswing, his heights as far as his on-field performances could be spell-binding.

He just never had the darker sides that Baker has. Baker takes things too personally and lashes out in regrettable ways. And has a host of other issues. We all know that.

But when he plays good QB, he can really do some incredible things with the ball.

JC, we've never seen anything like that in the NFL. I'm 53, and i know I've never seen anything like that.

We just saw a much-maligned flash-in-the-pan QB get cut, because he was washed up, that he couldn't play anymore, that he never could play, that his winning season and playoff win were illusions, because he'd become a lockerroom cancer, that among active QBs he was being ranked around 65th, not even a 1 or 2 on any team in the league. Take a second and think about where that would put you in your head for a minute.

Seriously, just 60 seconds and try and imagine that place.

Then get signed by the Rams, and then get on a plane on Tuesday with the playbook, land at 830 at night, drive an hour to the practice facility, stay up all night studying the book, then a few hours later go through one practice, two 10-play sessions, be told that he was the emergency QB and that he probably wouldn't play but of course be ready.

Between the practice and trying to install a couple more plays during the pregame warmup, Baker threw to just 4 of the eventual 9 players he would complete a pass to later. Then, after a single drive led by Wolford, he's told he's going in the game.

He doesn't really know the playbook. Shit, he really doesn't know the gameplan. He doesn't know any of the guys in the huddle. He doesn't even know most of the language. The only familiar thing he has is the protection adjustment verbiage and some play concepts.

So, just getting through the game without making a complete ass of himself was pretty amazing all by itself. He made some mistakes and missed some passes and reads, and it sure wasn't pretty, but he was respectable up to the two-minute warning.

He didn't have a single negative play. Baker Mayfield under the worst possible conditions with just 36 hours prep, no chemistry with his receivers, the 2nd-worst OL in football, a bottom-tier running game, oh, and don't forget, no WR1/2/3. Nope, he gets to try and throw to strangers that were slated 4/5/6 a just a couple weeks ago. Good luck with that, champ.

Not one fumble or INT, no Josh Allenesque 37-yard sack-fumble loony tunes shit.

He didn't know what he was doing, and he still somehow didn't panic and shit himself on a single play.

But then the silly bastard went and pulled off a minor miracle by actually driving 98 yards in 1:35, throwing those three improbably perfect passes that ended with Van Jefferson squeezing the game-winning TD on a 37-yard dart From Baker, perfectly in stride, to a guy he'd never thrown a ball to before that game. And btw, those three passes in terms of air yards and target window, set another NFL record. Against a team that had to have that game to keep their playoff hopes alive.

Oh, and by the way, between that practice session and that game-winning TD pass to Rookie Van Jefferson, Baker threw just 55 passes that day.

It's that story, as poorly written as it is, that makes watching these non-Chiefs games fun. We love Pat Mahomes because he writes wildly exciting stories very much like the one we witnessed last night.

Only a very few QBs will ever reach those kinds of heights of performance in their careers.

Even fewer will be able to repeat them at all, and even fewer with any consistency.

Icons like Joe Montana, John Elway, Dan Marino, Peyton Manning, Brett Favre, and of course Pat Mahomes, are legendary because they were among those very few that could do it over and over and over again.

It's why their elite.

Baker will never be one of those guys, never elite. It's just not in his DNA.

But neither was Ryan Fitzpatrick. But every once in a while, he could be as great as any QB before him. For about a half. Or sometimes even a whole game. But that's why I watched. Because you didn't know what you were going to get but when he turned into Fitzmagic, he could write very special stories.

Last night's game was one of the greatest football stories I've ever seen. It's even fitting that Baker Mayfield was the protagonist in it. Who else in Hollywood could you choose to play his part in that wildly improbable story? It's like he walked over from the Casting department, lol.

Anyway, off my pulpit now. Carry on with the inevitable personality-bashing, etc. because you're a bunch of short-sighted grumpy bitches. Do you guys ever just watch a game because they can be fun? Damn, I mean what's the point, then?

That was a great story.

Man, that was a fun drive.
[Reply]
Megatron96 10:43 PM 12-09-2022
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
These are the same people who really believed that Hulk Hogan trained, said his prayers and ate his vitamins.

They're conditioned into believing in the superhero-esque rectitude as part of what they're cheering for; Chiefs are 'good guys' while the Raiders are...well, they actually are a bunch of tatted up rapists, theiving crackheads who are on parole - most likely absconded or are about to...

So, I forgot what my point was, so I'm going to go with 'fuck the Raiders.'
:-)That's absolutely brilliant. rep
[Reply]
Megatron96 11:26 PM 12-09-2022

[Reply]
SuperBowl4 11:52 PM 12-09-2022
There is a "i" in Mayfield but there is no "i' in team. :-)
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:00 AM 12-10-2022
So, for those of us that could enjoy last night's game, turns out we were right. We did see something pretty special:

Game of his life.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 05:06 AM 12-10-2022
Baker Cassel and the 2020 ChiefBrowns was so accurate
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 06:49 AM 12-10-2022
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
One would think that the posts would be about the game. Makes sense to me, anyway.

i mean, I get you hate Baker, a lot of people do. But this story of yours is kind of stretch at this point.

But to respond to your question: this story according to the article, originally came out in Feb. 2020. Gee, what was interesting about that?

In short: Baker led the Browns to a 11-5 record, and their first playoff appearance in 27 years. Their first playoff W in about 45 years. He was at the peak of his fame and notoriety at that moment, since this story came out just weeks after their loss to KC that ended their playoff run. And the whole NFL world was buzzing about what could be the following season.

So, gee, let's think: she might've wanted fame. She listed her occupation as "instagram model." So obviously wants attention. Lots of it. And wants to get paid in the process. What better way than to try and blackmail a relatively famous and well-paid celebrity?

So, not a big stretch here figuring out why she suddenly wanted to come out with her 'story.'

But here's the thing: the sport media world, ala ESPN, FoxSports, CBSSports, etc., has shown a propensity for jumping on any of these "player takes sexual advantage of poor little girl," stories. Some have been true, but many have not as well. The Duke field hockey players immediately come to mind, and there have been so many others I can't remember them all anymore.

So why hasn't this story blown up on all those eager media outlets? Not a single follow-up story on ESPN/CBSSports/FoxSports, etc.? Nothing?

Doesn't seem weird to you? I mean, they lap that shit up, right? And they also love bagging on Baker, so how'd they miss this perfectly served up scandal, when Baker was at the height of his popularity?

And does this not feel a little like the Tyreek scandal, that proved to be fictitious? Player about to come into real generational wealth, and Bam!, Tyreek has been abusing her and their kid, etc.

Yeah, not buying it. Honestly a little surprised you did.

But thanks for wasting my time looking up the origin of that likely fake story, sport. You can fuck off now, and have a nice day:-)
LOL. No one blackmailed anyone. She sought nothing and got nothing out of it. Just made an appearance on a local radio show because they thought it was interesting and brought her on.

And actually no, the sports media has not shown a propensity to uncover stories like this unless a crime was committed. And I see very few similarities to Hill’s situation.

But way to dispel the notion that you’re an apologist.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 06:55 AM 12-10-2022
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
2nd and 98 with that little time left is more than just throwing a TD against a bad defense even for a normal starting QB. Let alone one who just signed.
Yes, it was no doubt low odds, flukey, and probably the highlight of his career.

I don't know why anyone expects anything from athletes off the field whether they are appearing in every other commercial or not.

Or if he is cheating on on his wife, seems like that would be between him and his wife.

:-)

Although obviously at some point given that people do seem to care it could effect his endorsements.
I expect things ON the field when an athlete is in every other commercial. And drafted #1 overall a few years ago.

I fail to see this as anything but an interesting little foot note. He made a couple nice throws (that were better catches). Big deal.
[Reply]
Megatron96 09:59 AM 12-10-2022
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
LOL. No one blackmailed anyone. She sought nothing and got nothing out of it. Just made an appearance on a local radio show because they thought it was interesting and brought her on.

And actually no, the sports media has not shown a propensity to uncover stories like this unless a crime was committed. And I see very few similarities to Hill’s situation.

But way to dispel the notion that you’re an apologist.
Oh, Bs, the Brooke Pryor's of the sports world love jumping on this shit.
[Reply]
DRM08 10:25 AM 12-10-2022
[QUOTE=Megatron96;16656305]
Originally Posted by Oxford:

Well 'duh.'

No one is disputing that Baker has a maturity problem, or that he's been wildly inconsistent as an NFL QB. This isn't about whether he'll even ever win another game. It's about this game.

You know what people came to love about Ryan Fitzpatrick? It's because he was another wildly inconsistent QB with a big personality. But when he was on an upswing, his heights as far as his on-field performances could be spell-binding.

He just never had the darker sides that Baker has. Baker takes things too personally and lashes out in regrettable ways. And has a host of other issues. We all know that.

But when he plays good QB, he can really do some incredible things with the ball.

JC, we've never seen anything like that in the NFL. I'm 53, and i know I've never seen anything like that.

We just saw a much-maligned flash-in-the-pan QB get cut, because he was washed up, that he couldn't play anymore, that he never could play, that his winning season and playoff win were illusions, because he'd become a lockerroom cancer, that among active QBs he was being ranked around 65th, not even a 1 or 2 on any team in the league. Take a second and think about where that would put you in your head for a minute.

Seriously, just 60 seconds and try and imagine that place.

Then get signed by the Rams, and then get on a plane on Tuesday with the playbook, land at 830 at night, drive an hour to the practice facility, stay up all night studying the book, then a few hours later go through one practice, two 10-play sessions, be told that he was the emergency QB and that he probably wouldn't play but of course be ready.

Between the practice and trying to install a couple more plays during the pregame warmup, Baker threw to just 4 of the eventual 9 players he would complete a pass to later. Then, after a single drive led by Wolford, he's told he's going in the game.

He doesn't really know the playbook. Shit, he really doesn't know the gameplan. He doesn't know any of the guys in the huddle. He doesn't even know most of the language. The only familiar thing he has is the protection adjustment verbiage and some play concepts.

So, just getting through the game without making a complete ass of himself was pretty amazing all by itself. He made some mistakes and missed some passes and reads, and it sure wasn't pretty, but he was respectable up to the two-minute warning.

He didn't have a single negative play. Baker Mayfield under the worst possible conditions with just 36 hours prep, no chemistry with his receivers, the 2nd-worst OL in football, a bottom-tier running game, oh, and don't forget, no WR1/2/3. Nope, he gets to try and throw to strangers that were slated 4/5/6 a just a couple weeks ago. Good luck with that, champ.

Not one fumble or INT, no Josh Allenesque 37-yard sack-fumble loony tunes shit.

He didn't know what he was doing, and he still somehow didn't panic and shit himself on a single play.

But then the silly bastard went and pulled off a minor miracle by actually driving 98 yards in 1:35, throwing those three improbably perfect passes that ended with Van Jefferson squeezing the game-winning TD on a 37-yard dart From Baker, perfectly in stride, to a guy he'd never thrown a ball to before that game. And btw, those three passes in terms of air yards and target window, set another NFL record. Against a team that had to have that game to keep their playoff hopes alive.

Oh, and by the way, between that practice session and that game-winning TD pass to Rookie Van Jefferson, Baker threw just 55 passes that day.

It's that story, as poorly written as it is, that makes watching these non-Chiefs games fun. We love Pat Mahomes because he writes wildly exciting stories very much like the one we witnessed last night.

Only a very few QBs will ever reach those kinds of heights of performance in their careers.

Even fewer will be able to repeat them at all, and even fewer with any consistency.

Icons like Joe Montana, John Elway, Dan Marino, Peyton Manning, Brett Favre, and of course Pat Mahomes, are legendary because they were among those very few that could do it over and over and over again.

It's why their elite.

Baker will never be one of those guys, never elite. It's just not in his DNA.

But neither was Ryan Fitzpatrick. But every once in a while, he could be as great as any QB before him. For about a half. Or sometimes even a whole game. But that's why I watched. Because you didn't know what you were going to get but when he turned into Fitzmagic, he could write very special stories.

Last night's game was one of the greatest football stories I've ever seen. It's even fitting that Baker Mayfield was the protagonist in it. Who else in Hollywood could you choose to play his part in that wildly improbable story? It's like he walked over from the Casting department, lol.

Anyway, off my pulpit now. Carry on with the inevitable personality-bashing, etc. because you're a bunch of short-sighted grumpy bitches. Do you guys ever just watch a game because they can be fun? Damn, I mean what's the point, then?

That was a great story.

Man, that was a fun drive.
Seems like McVay should only let Mayfield practice and study for 1-2 days per week. Don’t let him overthink it. That’s when it goes to crap for him, lol
[Reply]
Page 7 of 9
« First < 34567 89 >
Up