ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 9
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Respect Thread for Baker Mayfield!!!!
Megatron96 10:48 PM 12-08-2022
That may have been the single most impressive performance by a QB not named Pat Mahomes that I've ever seen on that last 98-yard drive to beat the Raiders.

Just feel like congratulations are in order and a show of respect for a job well done.

[doesn't hurt that he did it to the hated Raiders as well]

Nice job, Baker. Proud of you, Sooner!!!!

[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 10:00 AM 12-09-2022
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Baker is what Baker is. He’s a former #1 pick who will never live up to his draft status. If he keeps his head on straight he can be a solid QB for a good offensive minded coach and team. He will never be elite, and I can’t see him ever winning SBs unless he has a Dilfer like defense.
He's a lot better than that. He could probably do an Eli Manning or Joe Flacco impression for a few games if he had the right team around him.

Still wouldn't bet on him vs the elite QBs, though.
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:02 AM 12-09-2022
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
OMG. What a tall drink of excuses this is. He's on his 3rd team because the others don't believe in him but let's keep searching for one that does. Can we find an organization stupid enough to give him the big money and keep the excuses flowing.

He's not good. QB's that have the goods do not get dumped twice.
Oh I'm all about that. Now that we have Mahomes I'm all about potential contenders hamstringing themselves with shit QB contracts.

I'm all in on the Russell Wilson business. Hopefully Watson either sucks ass or puts up enough garbage time stats (like he did in Houston) to get a giant ass extension and then sucks pure ass. Hopefully Faid extend Carr to 300M guaranteed. I laugh hysterically at Kylers contract. Hopefully the Giants extend Jones to stupid money, hopefully Tua gets 500M guaranteed. Hopefully Brotherfucking Cheatriot extends Mac to 300M guaranteed and Zappe to 200M guaranteed. Hopefully the Jets think Mike White is the answer and lock him up. Hopefully the Ravens pay Lamar 800M guaranteed. Hopefully the Titans decide they can't live without Tannehill and roll him another 300M guaranteed. Hopefully the Colts go with an Expensive vet. Hopefully the Jags lock up Lawrence for 500M.

I'm here for all of it. The fewer contenders the better. I'm all in for crippling contracts for shit QBs. Bring it on.
[Reply]
Chiefnj2 10:03 AM 12-09-2022
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
OMG. What a tall drink of excuses this is. He's on his 3rd team because the others don't believe in him but let's keep searching for one that does. Can we find an organization stupid enough to give him the big money and keep the excuses flowing.

He's not good. QB's that have the goods do not get dumped twice.
He led Cleveland to their first playoff win in forever, and lost to KC by 6 or 7 points after their D couldn't keep Henne from getting first downs to seal the game. I believe he injured his shoulder in the 2nd game of the next season and played hurt the entire year when he should have been benched and had surgery.

If you don't think Carolina has been dysfunctional this year when the head coach gets fired a month into the season, well, that's on you.

Bad coaches and bad lines kill all sorts of QB's including guys like Andrew Luck.
[Reply]
Hoover 10:05 AM 12-09-2022
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
He's a lot better than that. He could probably do an Eli Manning or Joe Flacco impression for a few games if he had the right team around him.

Still wouldn't bet on him vs the elite QBs, though.
Agree, He just needs the right situation/HC/team. I think The Rams are a good fit from him. If he was with McVay, Shanahann, or Reid I think he would be a damn good QB. The dude has that "it" factor, which can't be coached. When he got the ball on the 2 I was said to myself watch this fucker drive it for a TD. It was amazing. I think the dude can ball, and in that situation they let him do it. You just have to figure out how to harness it.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 10:25 AM 12-09-2022
Mayfield’s a sick little fuck who cheated endlessly on his wife by luring starstruck little girls into his vehicle to blow him, then swearing them to silence and kicking them out.

His irrelevance is well deserved.
[Reply]
tredadda 10:58 AM 12-09-2022
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
Mayfield’s a sick little fuck who cheated endlessly on his wife by luring starstruck little girls into his vehicle to blow him, then swearing them to silence and kicking them out.

?????
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 11:07 AM 12-09-2022
Originally Posted by louie aguiar:
I didn’t watch but I see that the drive was helped by a couple huge penalties that took a sack and int off the board. Were those penalties legit?
Yes, the sack stayed but 15 yards were added from the spot. So instead of 2 an 17 from the 12, or close, it was first and ten from the 27. The DPI on the pick was obvious and substantial an the pick wouldn't have taken place if there were no interference, and was a short yardage penalty as the pass wasn't deep.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 11:30 AM 12-09-2022
Originally Posted by tredadda:
?????
A bunch of girls have spilled the beans.

I wasn't implying under age girls btw.
[Reply]
Megatron96 11:37 AM 12-09-2022

?
No idea what this has to do with last night's game or Baker performance in it.
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 11:43 AM 12-09-2022
From the Browns cesspool, filtered through Carolina sand to LA drinking water
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 11:47 AM 12-09-2022
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
?
No idea what this has to do with last night's game or Baker performance in it.
Nothing. It has to do with Mayfield.

I don't care that much about him putting up one TD against a bad Raiders defense in a game that doesn't matter.
[Reply]
Megatron96 11:48 AM 12-09-2022
A bunch of girls have spilled the beans.

I wasn't implying under age girls btw.
Lolz, amazing how these stories pop up year after year in the NFL. In sports in general with high visibility players.

Well, I still can't find anything on this story; just googled Mayfield, his wife, plus scandal or whatever, and got nothing for 6+ pages, 4 different searches. So, probably BS, like most of these stories.

But either way, has nothing to do with the game last night, so don't get the reason for the post.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 11:52 AM 12-09-2022
Al Michaels was so prescient when the Rams took the field for the final drive :

"Well, it's Hollywood...give us the script, let's see what happens!"
[Reply]
rabblerouser 11:53 AM 12-09-2022

So...girls need to quit seeking sexual validation from men they perceive as powerful?
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 12:11 PM 12-09-2022
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Lolz, amazing how these stories pop up year after year in the NFL. In sports in general with high visibility players.

Well, I still can't find anything on this story; just googled Mayfield, his wife, plus scandal or whatever, and got nothing for 6+ pages, 4 different searches. So, probably BS, like most of these stories.

But either way, has nothing to do with the game last night, so don't get the reason for the post.
Weird. It was easy for me to pull up pages of articles on Google.

Here's one: https://thesportsgrail.com/ohio-girl...mily-with-her/

First line: Ever since he’s been tied in union to wife Emily, a slew of Instagram models have come out to talk about how Baker Mayfield cheated on her with them.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 9
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Up