ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Hard Knocks - In Season
Baby Lee 09:32 PM 12-11-2021
If you are Jonesing for more content, Hard Knocks has quietly decided to cover a season in-season.

It's the Colts, . . . hold up. . . . I know, believe that, I know.

But as far as Hard Knocks seasons go. It's surprising quality.

Conceptually, and as a Chiefs fan, I am soul-sworn to hate the Colts. . . . But MAN, they are a hard team to hate.

I'm sure there's tons of editing and narrative crafting going on, but this in-season coverage is starkly different from the drama and scramble and tensions of pre-season seasons. Across the squad, and the staff, and the families, and the fans, they come across as uniformly quality people, even if they are intrinsically the enemy.

I honestly think, after Belichik and Reid, when it comes to the overall notion of a coach as a culture-setter and an expectations-manager, Reich is going to continue to excel year after year, and their squad seems like genuinely good guys. Even their less talented prospects, you find yourself musing how well they would mesh here with the Chiefs. You appreciate their grind.

It's on HBO streaming, and if you ever liked Hard Knocks, or if you like the stories behind the game, this is shaping up to be one of the better seasons, and it's not even being publicized.

[Reply]
KCUnited 09:47 PM 12-11-2021
Feel an irrational hate for the super try hard, faith based vibe Reich gives off. Seems he hitched his wagon to Wentz off some shared love of a bible verse inside the cab of a pickup that will likely submarine them in the end.

Outside of that, he runs a solid ship that seems to generate positive momentum and I’d rather not see them in the playoffs among other teams in the mix.
[Reply]
Rain Man 09:55 PM 12-11-2021
F*** the Colts. Thanks for posting this.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 10:35 AM 12-14-2021
Belichick and the Faketriots using Hard Knocks as legalized spying…

Link: https://www.nfl.com/news/bill-belich...atchup-against

Originally Posted by :
Bill Belichick scouting 'Hard Knocks In Season' in preparation for matchup against Colts

In the first episode of Hard Knocks In Season: The Indianapolis Colts, we learned that the information NFL teams are willing to make public, though awash in coach-speak and lacking by design any game-plan insight, doesn't go unnoticed by opposing teams.

Nor does Hard Knocks itself, for the same reason.

New England Patriots coach Bill Belichick indicated Monday that the series is worth scanning for anything useful for his team's preparation ahead of its Saturday night road game against the Colts, airing exclusively on NFL Network.

"We track most everything any team that we play does. Depending on the relevance or importance of that information, at some point, it gets relayed down the line," Belichick said, via Masslive.com. "We have somebody that studies each team. Any relevant comments or information that we think is relevant to the preparation, that could be shared, sure."

On the first episode of the Colts' Hard Knocks series, with the team preparing to face the Jacksonville Jaguars on Nov. 14, coach Frank Reich noted that Jaguars coach Urban Meyer made an "interesting" press conference comment that the Jaguars were evolving into a zone-based look in the secondary.

The Jaguars had just come off a 9-6 upset of the Buffalo Bills, and the clear implication was that Reich thought the comment was of use for the Colts' preparation for the game, which Indianapolis won 23-17. It might be buried on the bottom of the pile of Meyer missteps, but it was enough for Reich to take notice.

Belichick, for his part, seems set to capitalize on any slip Reich might make while a Hard Knocks camera is rolling.

Hard Knocks, which first aired in 2001, has traditionally taken fans behind the scenes at NFL training camps. The Colts series, however, is the first time Hard Knocks has featured a team midseason. The Patriots have never been the subject of the show.

"There's a lot of reasons I wouldn't [be] excited about it," Belichick said.

[Reply]
ThaVirus 11:21 AM 12-14-2021
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Feel an irrational hate for the super try hard, faith based vibe Reich gives off. Seems he hitched his wagon to Wentz off some shared love of a bible verse inside the cab of a pickup that will likely submarine them in the end.
:-) That struck me as a bit weird when he disclosed that on their first meeting.

Reich seems pretty chill, though. He mentions his faith frequently enough that I think it's a bit weird, but he's not super in your face about it. Ultimately, it doesn't hurt anyone so fuck it.
[Reply]
KCUnited 11:31 AM 12-14-2021
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
:-) That struck me as a bit weird when he disclosed that on their first meeting.

Reich seems pretty chill, though. He mentions his faith frequently enough that I think it's a bit weird, but he's not super in your face about it. Ultimately, it doesn't hurt anyone so fuck it.
Agreed which is why I acknowledged my hated as being irrational. He seems like a legit good dude who cares about people.

Its just not a style that motivates me in the least but it seems to be working for him and I have no doubt that he'll have his team's well prepared.
[Reply]
DrunkBassGuitar 12:06 PM 12-14-2021
I saw pop up on HBO max last night but I didn't watch it. Is it any good? I like Hard Knocks but honestly I want to see a real shit show. I'm a messy bitch as the kids say and I want to see a real train wreck.
[Reply]
DrunkBassGuitar 12:07 PM 12-14-2021
Like the best seasons of Hard Knocks are the ones where you know the coming season is going to be a 2-14 disaster
[Reply]
KCUnited 12:14 PM 12-14-2021
Originally Posted by DrunkBassGuitar:
I saw pop up on HBO max last night but I didn't watch it. Is it any good? I like Hard Knocks but honestly I want to see a real shit show. I'm a messy bitch as the kids say and I want to see a real train wreck.
Feel Hard Knocks in general has gone much more kumbaya since its inception. This one is no different. More players interacting with their families and such which nice to see I guess but knowing the NFL is more likely an attempt to help their brand perception.

That said, the in game footage is where it shines. Like half the episode is in game stuff. So game audio and different camera angles and such, which makes it worth it, imo.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 12:28 PM 12-14-2021
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Belichick and the Faketriots using Hard Knocks as legalized spying…

Link: https://www.nfl.com/news/bill-belich...atchup-against
And this is why I’m shocked they are doing an ‘in season’ series and shocked the Colts agreed to it.
[Reply]
Skyy God 04:12 PM 12-14-2021
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
F*** the Colts. Thanks for posting this.
Seconded.

Go root for the Colts, Babbly.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 11:54 PM 12-15-2021
Kenny Moore II's mom getting to give him the Walter Payton Man of the Year award.

:-) :-)
[Reply]
KCUnited 07:19 AM 12-16-2021
The Darius Leonard punching at the ball technique is a little interesting. The guy is a beast no doubt but when does throwing a punch with the intent to knock the ball loose miss and gets regarded as an actually thrown punch landed to an opposing player. Does the intent to punch the ball out override unnecessary roughness if the punch misses and connects with a players kidney or something?

The guy looks like a prize fighter out there swinging on guys.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 07:50 AM 12-16-2021
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
The Darius Leonard punching at the ball technique is a little interesting. The guy is a beast no doubt but when does throwing a punch with the intent to knock the ball loose miss and gets regarded as an actually thrown punch landed to an opposing player. Does the intent to punch the ball out override unnecessary roughness if the punch misses and connects with a players kidney or something?

The guy looks like a prize fighter out there swinging on guys.

[Reply]
KCUnited 07:54 AM 12-16-2021
Haha thats amazing
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up