ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 47 of 71
« First < 374344454647 4849505157 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Tyrann Mathieu: Chiefs fanbase “might be one of the most toxic in all of sports”
Jerm 06:26 PM 10-29-2021

Not a reputation you want to have with one of the most respected and vocal players in the league. https://t.co/4cqkrnxTUI

— Arrowhead Live (@ArrowheadLive) October 29, 2021

I’ll see you all in the fallout shelter…this thing is gonna blow….
[Reply]
tredadda 11:42 AM 10-31-2021
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
There are 2 different topics at hand. I doubt any of those guys don’t understand people aren’t happy with the defense.

But there are different ways to express it and constantly calling players worthless pieces of shit does seem to be rather toxic.

I think there is a reason HB has bounced around the league a bit. I think he wears on people after a period of time.
I do agree calling someone a POS is a little much and uncalled for. HB seeks this stuff out too which is why he responded to Hitchens comment. Hitchens is upset that he was essentially called out for being a horrible contract (which he is). You are right in the sense that for all of HBs qualities, he does wear on Teams hence the jumping around. I think this is his last season in a Chiefs uniform.
[Reply]
Marcellus 11:49 AM 10-31-2021
Originally Posted by tredadda:
I do agree calling someone a POS is a little much and uncalled for. HB seeks this stuff out too which is why he responded to Hitchens comment. Hitchens is upset that he was essentially called out for being a horrible contract (which he is). You are right in the sense that for all of HBs qualities, he does wear on Teams hence the jumping around. I think this is his last season in a Chiefs uniform.
Not to get into to much detail I had dinner last Saturday with Tyreeks personal trainer who also works with Hardman and other players. He is friend of a friend of a family member.

He even randomly made a comment about how crazy the fans are and some of the stuff people say about them. He obviously knows these guys personally so he has a personal connection. I just smiled and said fans are worst. Flat out knowing I’ve lost my shit talking about plenty of players over the years.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 11:58 AM 10-31-2021
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
We have a HOF coach and a generational QB counting less than 10 million on a salary cap and all we ask is that the defense shows up, plays hard and is at least not terrible.

I guess we ask too much.

That’s a lot to ask of a historically shitty defense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Skyy God 12:01 PM 10-31-2021
HB has been criticized this year for focusing on his contract rather than football.

This incident is further evidence that his priorities are misaligned from rank and file Chiefs fans.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 12:01 PM 10-31-2021
Originally Posted by Wallcrawler:
Why is this called an apology? He didnt apologize, he said I shouldnt have said it.

He didnt come out and say " I was frustrated at the time, I dont really believe that or feel that way, but sometimes fans can say some vile things and Im human and reacted poorly in the moment"

For all his antics, thats reasonable and I could get behind a guy owning losing his temper and saying something he didnt really mean.

Thats not what happened though. He just basicly said I shouldnt have posted how I really view Chiefs fans.

Its not in any way, shape or form, an apology.

Fuck this douchebag.

It wasn’t an apology…he basically said he may believe it but it was a mistake posting it.

[Reply]
KChiefs1 12:02 PM 10-31-2021
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Looking back at that SuperBowl…Tom Brady knew EXACTLY how to get under Tyranns skin and it worked flawlessly. He still hasn’t recovered.

Yep

Brady knows how to work guys like the HB.

[Reply]
Imon Yourside 12:07 PM 10-31-2021
One would hope the fan base is toxic if you're fielding one of the worst defenses ever put together. The Rah Rah thing wasn't working out too well for them.
[Reply]
tredadda 12:07 PM 10-31-2021
Not to get into to much detail I had dinner last Saturday with Tyreeks personal trainer who also works with Hardman and other players. He is friend of a friend of a family member.

He even randomly made a comment about how crazy the fans are and some of the stuff people say about them. He obviously knows these guys personally so he has a personal connection. I just smiled and said fans are worst. Flat out knowing I’ve lost my shit talking about plenty of players over the years.
I can definitely see that and there are definitely fans who take it too far in words and actions. They are definitely a problem, which social media has made worse. Holding players accountable for their performance is one thing, it's another thing to do what some of these fans do. I love football and I will always love the Chiefs (remember as a small child listening to them on the radio in the 80s), but no matter what I will never be so invested in the team that I do what some of those fans do. I think that could be said for about 98% of all Chiefs fans.
[Reply]
PunkinDrublic 12:20 PM 10-31-2021
Originally Posted by tredadda:
I can definitely see that and there are definitely fans who take it too far in words and actions. They are definitely a problem, which social media has made worse. Holding players accountable for their performance is one thing, it's another thing to do what some of these fans do. I love football and I will always love the Chiefs (remember as a small child listening to them on the radio in the 80s), but no matter what I will never be so invested in the team that I do what some of those fans do. I think that could be said for about 98% of all Chiefs fans.
That’s why players are advised to stay off social media. People use that space to be complete assholes. It’s not the player’s fault for what’s happened in the past but dating back to 2003 we’ve seen great Chiefs teams ruined by historically bad defenses. We’ve seen draft capital and FA contracts wasted on defensive players that ended up busting out or underperforming. The thought of Mahomes prime years being wasted by bad personnel decisions is beyond infuriating.

I don’t question HB’s commitment or contribution but for a guy like Hitchens who’s been complete trash from day one, well what do you expect.
[Reply]
Bugeater 12:26 PM 10-31-2021
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
We have become everything weve hated about pats fans. Tell me I'm wrong. Talking shit to other fans. Then acting like we are the most unfortunate fans in the world because we have a few games hiccup. We are still WAY more blessed than we are unfortunate. Nothing in anyone's attitude the past few months reflects that.

You know what's the worst thing in the world? Praying for a super bowl with baker Mayfield as your qb. Getting your hopes up because lamar Jackson has a few good games. Again, I get wanting accountability. I get that a lot of this is coming from Twitter. But the players no doubt feel like the fans don't have their backs. Like even a tiny little bit. Which understandably has to hurt for a team that has given this fan base a shit ton the past decade. There is a way to frame the message of extreme gratitude while challenging the team to fix their shit. I can promise you other fan bases are laughing at us for how dramatic we are being about wanting others to feel sympathy for us. We don't deserve it. We have a ton to be grateful for.
The players feel like the fans don't have their backs? Really? These guys are so emotionally fragile that they are looking to the fans for reassurance after getting their asses handed to them?

Fuck off with that shit, this is nothing but an attempt to deflect criticism. Makes me wonder if the only criticism they hear is from the fans and not the coaching staff like they should be.
[Reply]
ChiTown 12:37 PM 10-31-2021
KC is completely soft as far as media and fans. Twitter isn’t a good indicator of anyone’s fandom. It is, however, an indicator of how social media is a toxic scourge laid upon all of humanity.
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 12:40 PM 10-31-2021
The wife maybe acting the cunt. You don't say it. On SM? Expect Lorena Bobbitt type actions
[Reply]
Raiderhater 12:48 PM 10-31-2021
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
KC is completely soft as far as media and fans. Twitter isn’t a good indicator of anyone’s fandom. It is, however, an indicator of how social media is a toxic scourge laid upon all of humanity.
Well, until they get a hard on for a player and then they go on an unfounded witch hunt.
[Reply]
-King- 12:49 PM 10-31-2021
I think this thread is a bigger overreaction than his tweet. Just read it.
So what? He's a big boy. Deal with it. Don't search your name on Twitter and don't log onto Chiefsplanet.com. Its not hard at all.

Your favorite athlete, singer, band, actor, actress etc all have people shitting on them on Twitter. Yet they handle it better than Tyrann has. Its time for him to put his big boy pants on.
[Reply]
-King- 12:51 PM 10-31-2021

So which team's fan base is good?
[Reply]
Page 47 of 71
« First < 374344454647 4849505157 > Last »
Up