ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 12
« First < 56789 101112 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Watching Tony Romo is insufferable anymore.
Sofa King 12:45 PM 01-15-2023
He doesn't do any of the stuff he did that first year. Doesn't break down the plays, doesn't play Romostradamus, etc. He just takes a ball washing angle on a few players and plays contrarian on any big plays that could go either way. He's never right on those either.

Today after a completed pass by Allen he says "And that's why they call him Mr. January!"

Who says that? Has anyone ever heard that? lol. They can't say that each of the last two years for sure after we beat them.

EDIT: :-) :-) My brother just sent this link. Someone else apparently agrees with me. There's some tweets in it too.

https://fansided.com/2023/01/15/tony..._b8vjxB_X3XYfg

Tony Romo tried to pay Josh Allen a compliment with a new nickname, but we’re pretty sure this one isn’t going to stick… yet.

In his young NFL career, Buffalo Bills quarterback Josh Allen has played six NFL playoff games in January. His 3-3 record is apparently enough to earn him the title of “Mr. January,” that is, if you ask CBS color commentator Tony Romo.

To be fair, Allen does have a 106.6 passer rating, an average of over 285 yards per game, 14 touchdowns and 1 interception, but in January the thing that matters most is simple: Wins. To give Allen such a nickname while calling the first quarter of the Wild Card game between the Dolphins and Bills was probably a bit of a leap.

Nicknames used to mean something! They were earned!

Of course, if what he meant was that Allen has yet to get his team to February, well, that’s technically true.

Fans were not a fan of this nickname and took to Twitter to roast Romo for naming him that.

Fans roast Tony Romo for giving Josh Allen the nickname of “Mr. January”
Technically the truth fits here:
Maybe this will be the year for Allen and the Bills:
Have you ever tried to get something to catch on? It’s hard work!
Stop trying to make Mr. January happen!
As far as a better candidate for the title, right now it’s probably Patrick Mahomes. Mahomes is 7-2 compared to Allen’s 3-3 in January playoff games.
Remember, Romo’s playing career only consisted of two playoff wins, so while he’s one of the smartest and more entertaining color commentators, his personal playoff experience isn’t the most expansive.
That in mind, maybe we can cut him some slack for the nickname.
[Reply]
Gravedigger 08:29 AM 01-16-2023
Originally Posted by MahomesIsTheMVP:
Mr January
Alien
Champs
Now the onslaught begins
Big Game Gabe

It was like he was drunk or something.
I’d be willing to bet fans in Miami are pissed.
You could definitely see who he put money on. I feel that's generally how you can spot a biased announcer, by their gambling habits. Guaranteed that Troy Aikman, Dan Fouts and Joe Buck put money on games over the years, 2014 World Series comes to mind with Buck.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 08:45 AM 01-16-2023
I couldn't believe it when he said the Bills play with heart, and I'm not talking about the unintentional pun.

The Bills...the only team I've ever seen quit during a game...plays with heart? Please.
[Reply]
HemiEd 09:16 AM 01-16-2023
Originally Posted by AdolfOliverBush:
I couldn't believe it when he said the Bills play with heart, and I'm not talking about the unintentional pun.

The Bills...the only team I've ever seen quit during a game...plays with heart? Please.
Yep, they will always be pussy quitters to me. So sick of the media ball washing them. They were getting their asses handed to them.

One of my neighbors yesterday told me the same thing happened to some hockey player, getting hit on the heart with a puck, and they kept playing.
[Reply]
vonBobo 09:21 AM 01-16-2023
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
BUFFALO’S SEASON CAN’T END HERE!!!

IT JUST CAN’T!
It's going to be insufferable to watch Rihanna perform while wearing a #3 jersey.
[Reply]
notorious 09:24 AM 01-16-2023
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
I think he was told to stop the detailed analysis he did his first year in the booth. He was literally tipping what the offense was doing on many plays.

It was FANTASTIC for us as fans, but I'd wager the NFL didn't like it as it was a potential competitive disadvantage for teams who could listen to the broadcast and tell the D what was coming.

Romo is doing what his employers told him to do. Sad as that is.
Too much delay. You couldn’t get the info to them in time.

The pats would find a way to mic the booth and send the signal directly to their coordinators , though.
[Reply]
srvy 11:05 AM 01-16-2023
Originally Posted by |Zach|:
Big Game Gabe feels like one that is hard to push back against since the dude scored 4 fucking TDs against us setting an NFL record. He has probably earned that title.
Goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal
Go go
Goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal
[Reply]
Best22 12:17 PM 01-16-2023
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
People in here are too sensitive to commentating, IMO.

On Romo:

-I got the impression he referred to the Bills as the champs because they were AFC East champs. They were playing the Dolphins after all.

-Mr. January is a shitty nickname and not one anyone has ever used for Josh Allen, but prior to yesterday's game, check his numbers. He actually got better in the playoffs, which is pretty rare.

-"Alien" is kind of fitting. You really couldn't build a much better QB in a lab.

And you've just got to understand that commentators are going to hype up the star QBs. Other team's fans complain much the same about Romo's love for Mahomes. Collinsworth as well.
The Bills aren’t “champs” anymore than the Jaguars are “champs.” Winning the division isn’t that big of a deal

His nickname is dumb and he’s not the only AFC QB whose numbers improve in January…
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 12:59 PM 01-16-2023
People in here are too sensitive to commentating, IMO.

On Romo:

-I got the impression he referred to the Bills as the champs because they were AFC East champs. They were playing the Dolphins after all.

-Mr. January is a shitty nickname and not one anyone has ever used for Josh Allen, but prior to yesterday's game, check his numbers. He actually got better in the playoffs, which is pretty rare.

-"Alien" is kind of fitting. You really couldn't build a much better QB in a lab.

And you've just got to understand that commentators are going to hype up the star QBs. Other team's fans complain much the same about Romo's love for Mahomes. Collinsworth as well.
Just stop. It's OK to admit all those things he said were dumb as fuck. No need to white knight him.
[Reply]
Frazod 01:01 PM 01-16-2023
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brother:
Just stop. It's OK to admit all those things he said were dumb as fuck. No need to white knight him.
Besides, that's Zach's job.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 01:12 PM 01-16-2023
Originally Posted by Best22:
The Bills aren’t “champs” anymore than the Jaguars are “champs.” Winning the division isn’t that big of a deal

His nickname is dumb and he’s not the only AFC QB whose numbers improve in January…
What do you call the team that wins their division?

He's not the only one but he is actually one of few. Mahomes is another, if I'm not mistaken.
[Reply]
Best22 01:21 PM 01-16-2023
What do you call the team that wins their division?

He's not the only one but he is actually one of few. Mahomes is another, if I'm not mistaken.
It’s just odd to call a division champion a champ in the NFL playoffs. I wonder if Romo felt like a champ after his 2007 divisional playoff game against the Giants, since the Cowboys won the NFCE that year
[Reply]
Hoover 01:24 PM 01-16-2023
The timing of this thread was spot on. Can't remember the game but I was like dude shut up. I liked it when he would tell me what the QB or team is trying to do, but those days seem to be gone. Like he's trying too hard.

I actually enjoyed the Al Michaels and Tony Dungy playoff game. I think Al was just happy to call a game that mattered
[Reply]
J Diddy 01:30 PM 01-16-2023
Originally Posted by vonBobo:
It's going to be insufferable to watch Rihanna perform while wearing a #3 jersey.
It'd be fucking hilarious trying to watch her put that shit on while maintaining whatever the fuck that Dr. Seuss hairdo is.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 01:31 PM 01-16-2023
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brother:
I'm not white knighting him; I just think it's generally annoying how sensitive people are to a dude talking. "Romo said the Bills were the champs! Can you believe it!? OMG Ridiculous!"

"Can you believe Skip said the Chargers would win the AFC West!?"

Like, dawg, these dudes are paid to talk. They're going to say some shit that you don't agree with.

Then the same mfs bitching turn around and complain about the pussification of America and blah blah blah. We have no one to blame but ourselves. We are all like this.

Originally Posted by Best22:
It’s just odd to call a division champion a champ in the NFL playoffs. I wonder if Romo felt like a champ after his 2007 divisional playoff game against the Giants, since the Cowboys won the NFCE that year
Maybe a little bit, but not nearly as much when it's an intra-divisional playoff game, no?
[Reply]
MahomesIsTheMVP 01:40 PM 01-16-2023
Originally Posted by HemiEd:
Yep, they will always be pussy quitters to me. So sick of the media ball washing them. They were getting their asses handed to them.

One of my neighbors yesterday told me the same thing happened to some hockey player, getting hit on the heart with a puck, and they kept playing.
It’s actually happened more in other sports than football. Football used to be a manly sport but has turned into what the snowflakes want it to be.

[insert picture of a pussy]
[Reply]
Page 9 of 12
« First < 56789 101112 >
Up