ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 56 of 71
« First < 6465253545556 5758596066 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>How good are the Chiefs chances at the AFC's #1 seed?
MMXcalibur 07:21 PM 11-21-2021
Updated: 12/19

Teams that actually matter in this conversation:

Kansas City (10-4) (vs PIT, at CIN, at DEN)

New England (9-5) (vs BUF, vs JAC, at MIA)

Tennessee (9-5) (vs SF, vs MIA, at HOU)

Baltimore (8-5) (vs GB, at CIN, vs LAR, vs PIT)

Buffalo (8-6) (at NE, vs ATL, vs NYJ)

Indianapolis (8-6) (at ARI, vs LV, at JAC)

LA Chargers (8-6) (at HOU, vs DEN, at LV)

---

Being 1 game back with six games to play seems incredibly generous given our shitty tiebreaker situation. I'll put our odds at 99.9999999%
[Reply]
TwistedChief 07:18 AM 12-28-2021
I just saw that the NFL has scheduled a MNF game as part of its Super Wild Card Weekend. We really don't want to be playing on a short week in the playoffs so yet another reason why that #1 seed could be more meaningful than in years past.
[Reply]
staylor26 07:25 AM 12-28-2021
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
I just saw that the NFL has scheduled a MNF game as part of its Super Wild Card Weekend. We really don't want to be playing on a short week in the playoffs so yet another reason why that #1 seed could be more meaningful than in years past.
That’s just fucking stupid.
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:37 AM 12-28-2021
Originally Posted by carlos3652:
Crazy that a win @ Cinci and a Ten loss clinches the 1 seed a week before the end of the season.

I don’t think anyone saw that coming on week 7

5-2 or 4-2 (Titans, Bills, Bengals, Ravens, Raiders, Chargers) we were 0-4 vs those teams.

Sitting at 3-4 (3 games back).

We could now finish 4-4 vs those teams

Crazy season.
I wont say I wasn't concerned but I posted many times the evidence of the players past play suggest the defense should revert back to their mean or better and the offense will stop dropping passes and turning it over left and right.

Low and behold.....
[Reply]
Spott 08:40 AM 12-28-2021
Especially with the likelihood of us getting that game, considering we get scheduled for the prime time games all the time.
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:46 AM 12-28-2021
Originally Posted by Spott:
Especially with the likelihood of us getting that game, considering we get scheduled for the prime time games all the time.
We would have to play a wildcard team round 1 which wont happen if we have the bye. In fact my guess is it will be 2 wild card teams.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 08:54 AM 12-28-2021
Originally Posted by Spott:
In fairness there are primetime games on both Saturday and Sunday nights, but who knows.

Originally Posted by :
Beginning this postseason, Super Wild Card Weekend will feature a pair of games on Saturday (4:35 p.m. and 8:15 p.m. ET), three on Sunday (1:05 p.m., 4:40 p.m., and 8:15 p.m. ET), and the finale on Monday (8:15 p.m. ET).
I honestly don't hate it as a fan of the sport but I would as a fan of a team playing on Monday.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:02 AM 12-28-2021
With our luck this year we will get that team on the short week. :-)
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 09:11 AM 12-28-2021
Yeah, I really want that bye for a lot of reasons - that opening weekend schedule being one of them.

Could be playing anywhere from 3:35 on Saturday to 7:15 on Monday - with 3 of the 6 games being night games.
[Reply]
Frazod 09:19 AM 12-28-2021
God, that is just fucked. The winner gets a short week against a top team in the playoffs?

Just add it to the steaming pile of Goodell's greatest hits. :-)
[Reply]
Lzen 09:26 AM 12-28-2021
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Third time in four years as well, no? Sorta anyway? From the Miami Miracle in 2018 that gave us the #1 seed over NE.

Miami beat the Pats on December 9th of 2018. Not sure how that game gave us the #1 seed.?? Are you sure you're not thinking of the last game of 2019 that the Fitpatrick led Dolphins win gave us the #2 seed over NE?
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 09:31 AM 12-28-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
That’s just ****ing stupid.
If the team that wins Monday plays next Sunday, it's no more stupid than playing on Sunday and then playing the following Saturday. Though I'd prefer seeing NFL playoff games on the weekend. Not on Monday.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 09:49 AM 12-28-2021
Originally Posted by Lzen:
Miami beat the Pats on December 9th of 2018. Not sure how that game gave us the #1 seed.?? Are you sure you're not thinking of the last game of 2019 that the Fitpatrick led Dolphins win gave us the #2 seed over NE?
Yeah, the Miami Miracle took place on 12/9. Assuming everything else stayed the same, the Patriots winning that game would have given them the #1 seed over us since they had the head-to-head tie breaker with their win against us in Foxboro earlier on in the year.

So that miracle loss did ultimately help give us the #1 seed. The Dolphins have been helping us out a ton since 2018.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 10:33 AM 12-28-2021
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
not chiefs related

but look at the possibility for 10 win teams to NOT make the playoffs. Thanks 17 game schedule.
We missed the playoffs at 10-6, and the following year we made the playoffs at 9-7 after like 7 teams lost on the last day of the regular season, in the exact combination to get us in.

I think the NFL will eventually add another team, giving back the bye to the top two seeds.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Coogs 10:52 AM 12-28-2021
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
We missed the playoffs at 10-6, and the following year we made the playoffs at 9-7 after like 7 teams lost on the last day of the regular season, in the exact combination to get us in.

I think the NFL will eventually add another team, giving back the bye to the top two seeds.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
8 teams in the playoffs? 2 bye teams? That would be complicated, no?
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 11:43 AM 12-28-2021
Wonder which star player(s) this tweet is in reference to?

My little birds are chirping and it's not good news. COVID-19 related. Hoping it's false. Ugh.

— Michael Fabiano (@Michael_Fabiano) December 28, 2021

Pretty sure Fabiano is a Dallas fan, so maybe Dak?

Keep this shit in the NFC, please.
[Reply]
Page 56 of 71
« First < 6465253545556 5758596066 > Last »
Up