ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 60 of 270
« First < 10505657585960 6162636470110160 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Do we want DeHop?
ROYC75 01:21 PM 03-01-2023
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...9536dcd3&ei=21

Story by Andrew Gould

The Kansas City Chiefs won the Super Bowl without a star wide receiver, but they could reportedly make an elite offense even scarier by acquiring DeAndre Hopkins.

NFL insider Benjamin Albright told PHNX Cardinals that Kansas City is the "primary suitor" for Hopkins. He doesn't know the draft compensation the Cardinals would receive, but he said it's more likely they get a second-round pick than a first.

After the 2022 season, theScore's Jordan Schultz reported that the Cardinals plan to trade Hopkins this offseason.

Arizona hired a new general manager and head coach after a disappointing four-win season, and Hopkins is set to make $19.45 million (with a $30.75 million cap hit) in 2023. The Cardinals could seek a clean slate by moving the three-time All-Pro wideout, who turns 31 in June.

Hopkins began his Cardinals career by tallying 1,407 yards and six touchdowns in 2020. However, multiple lower body injuries limited him to 10 games in 2021, and he served a six-game suspension to start the 2022 season for violating the NFL's PED policy.

Yet he remains an impact player when on the field. Hopkins totaled 474 receiving yards in six full games with quarterback Kyler Murray last season.

Now imagine what he can accomplish when catching passes from Patrick Mahomes.

The Chiefs flourished without a star replacement for Tyreek Hill, but they could still benefit by solidifying the position this offseason. JuJu Smith-Schuster is a free agent after garnering 78 catches for 933 yards on a one-year deal. The depth chart features several talented question marks in Mecole Hardman, Kadarius Toney, and Marquez Valdes-Scantling.

Adding Hopkins could be great news for Kansas City, but terrible for all opposing defenses.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Do we want a high priced prima donna?
[Reply]
Megatron96 07:09 PM 03-09-2023
Welp, if we get Nijman from GB, the whole problem of how to pay for DHop goes away. Let's fucking go get ourselves a top-10 WR and steamroll in 2023!!!
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:15 PM 03-09-2023
Don't look at me, I want to let Juju walk, too. I think we can get the same production from Moore with a little JWat and a draftee. Juju was good value at less than $10m. Above that? Nah. Just go get Paris Campbell.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 07:19 PM 03-09-2023
I've been all aboard drafting Jonathan Mingo to replace JuJu if he plays the cash in game.

I'd draft Mingo anyway just to be able move on in 2024.
[Reply]
dtrain 07:22 PM 03-09-2023
https://bleacherreport.com/videos/39...trade-for-dhop
A trade proposal
[Reply]
Megatron96 07:24 PM 03-09-2023
Meh. Parris Campbell is basically a younger version of JJSS. Doesn't move the needle.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:24 PM 03-09-2023
Originally Posted by Abba-Dabba:
I've been all aboard drafting Jonathan Mingo to replace JuJu if he plays the cash in game.

I'd draft Mingo anyway just to be able move on in 2024.
Is he any relation to Barkevius? That was the best name ever. Barkevius Mingo. Sounds like a Harry Potter villain or something.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:26 PM 03-09-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Meh. Parris Campbell is basically a younger version of JJSS. Doesn't move the needle.
The needle is world championship, #1 offense in the NFL. You don't really need to 'move the needle'.

Campbell still has some upside. He's had shit QB play almost his entire career. Juju is not going to get healthier.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 07:29 PM 03-09-2023
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Is he any relation to Barkevius? That was the best name ever. Barkevius Mingo. Sounds like a Harry Potter villain or something.
Have no clue.

I've been always partial to Mysty Hyman though.
[Reply]
Megatron96 07:36 PM 03-09-2023
The needle is world championship, #1 offense in the NFL. You don't really need to 'move the needle'.

Campbell still has some upside. He's had shit QB play almost his entire career. Juju is not going to get healthier.
So, we don't need players that move the needle? We're content to field players that are just JAGs? Sounds an awful lot like the GB Way to me. Thought we weren't going down that road?

If we're not going to try and acquire great players, why settle for JAGs? Why not step up in class, even a little? I mean, i know we're really not getting DHop, but Parris Campbell? Parris, statistically, is about as JAG as it gets. Y/C is a paltry 6.8. He played 16 games for 623 yards. 30.7 yds/gm for his career. 36yds/gm for 2022.

He's nearly invisible. Upside? there's almost nowhere to go but up.

Gotta be some JAG out there that's more productive than this guy.
[Reply]
jerryaldini 07:52 PM 03-09-2023
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:
He’s not even keeping it subtle! Love it!
Dhop and Lewan competing for who can be most obvious about wanting to be a chief!
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:54 PM 03-09-2023
So, we don't need players that move the needle? We're content to field players that are just JAGs? Sounds an awful lot like the GB Way to me. Thought we weren't going down that road?

If we're not going to try and acquire great players, why settle for JAGs? Why not step up in class, even a little? I mean, i know we're really not getting DHop, but Parris Campbell? Parris, statistically, is about as JAG as it gets. Y/C is a paltry 6.8. He played 16 games for 623 yards. 30.7 yds/gm for his career. 36yds/gm for 2022.

He's nearly invisible. Upside? there's almost nowhere to go but up.

Gotta be some JAG out there that's more productive than this guy.
You can stick your Green Bay way right up your ass. We're going to do the Kansas City Chiefs way that just won us second Super Bowl.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:55 PM 03-09-2023
Originally Posted by jerryaldini:
Dhop and Lewan competing for who can be most obvious about wanting to be a chief!
Until the money comes up. Lol
[Reply]
Megatron96 07:56 PM 03-09-2023
You can stick your Green Bay way right up your ass. We're going to do the Kansas City Chiefs way that just won us second Super Bowl.
Hey, it was just a question. I'm not a fan of filling the WR room with cast-off JAGs. Sue me.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:59 PM 03-09-2023
Hey, it was just a question. I'm not a fan of filling the WR room with cast-off JAGs. Sue me.
We're filling the WR room with ROLE PLAYERS, because that's what you can afford to do when you're paying your QB 23% of your cap. A group of diverse skillsets.

We're not signing an over 30 WR for $20m per. Get over it.

We won't have a gamebreaker at WR unless Toney stays healthy or we draft and develop one. Not for at least a couple of years.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:04 PM 03-09-2023
We literally just won a Super Bowl doing things a certain way, and it's a month later, and some of you guys want to go back to stars and scrubs-only a LESSER version of that. I mean, what the fuck?

Hopkins is no Tyreek Hill. And defenses turned Hill into a possession receiver. And you guys want to go backwards? With an over 30 Hopkins?

This is dumb.

We're on a course, it's proven successful, stay the course. We need maximum value per cap dollar spent. Mahomes plus best 52.

This is the way.
[Reply]
Page 60 of 270
« First < 10505657585960 6162636470110160 > Last »
Up