ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 63 of 333
« First < 13535960616263 6465666773113163 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2023 Royals Season Repository Thread***
ChiefsCountry 12:02 AM 01-01-2023

2023 – A new beginning for the Royals. Matt Quatraro era begins. A year to see which of our young players will make up the core going forward. Can Bobby Witt Jr become a superstar SS or will go to the hot corner? Will Brady Singer take the next step forward? Will Salvy be Salvy? Will Big Vin or Pratto take first base? Will they find a position for MJ? Who else emerges from the youth movement? Not to mention the development of the new downtown stadium.

Free Agents/Trades Acquisitions
Jordan Lyles, RHP
Ryan Yarbrough, LHP
Josh Taylor, LHP
Aroldis Chapman, LHP

Top 10 Prospects from Baseball America
1. Gavin Cross, OF
2. Cayden Wallace, 3B
3. Drew Waters, OF
4. Ben Kudrna, RHP
5. Frank Mozzicato, LHP
6. Maikel Garcia, SS
7. Tyler Gentry, OF
8. Nick Loftin, OF/3B
9. Angel Zerpa, LHP
10. Carter Jensen, C
[Reply]
dlphg9 07:27 PM 04-16-2023
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
These Royals prove/reenforce that Spring ball means little to nothing. Another Royals signature business model is to build hope by doing everything they can to win the Spring season World Series while the other teams work a plan for the fall.
These Royals didn't prove spring training doesnt mean anything. They've done the several years in a row. Spring training is preseason football. It tells you nothing.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 07:44 PM 04-16-2023
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
These Royals didn't prove spring training doesnt mean anything. They've done the several years in a row. Spring training is preseason football. It tells you nothing.
Thanks for making my point; feeling good about the Royals because of their record in Spring training is wrong. Why? Because when it comes time for "for keeps" the other teams pitch, hit, catch, and all that other important baseball shit...
[Reply]
poolboy 08:20 PM 04-16-2023
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
We're finally letting the young guys play and seeing what we got, it ain't pretty -- but there was a reason why Dayton always signed dead-end vets and Matheny would play them over his rooks while ruining our bullpen arms to cheat their way to a 70-75 win season.

Because this, right here (especially 5-9 in our lineup) can be much harder to watch. But at least we'll know what we have and hopefully our top brass now has the wisdom and the freedom to draft their way into a regular small market contender. But that will take a while if both Dayton's bats and arms turn out to be a bust.
dont we already know what we have ?
[Reply]
dlphg9 08:23 PM 04-16-2023
This year was never about winning. It's about development. I'll reserve my judgement for the end of the season. Right now we have 2 guys that are looking pretty damn good. It's early, but Witt is striking out less and walking more than last year which is a very good sign. His EV and Hardhit% are also both higher than last year.

I have faith that MJ Melendez is going to go on a tear pretty soon. He has hardhit% of 69% and his EV is 97.3, both of those are substantially higher than league average. He's just gotten super unlucky. If he can get his strikeout% down around where he was last year, then I think he can really do some damage.

MJ
[Reply]
dlphg9 08:24 PM 04-16-2023
Thanks for making my point; feeling good about the Royals because of their record in Spring training is wrong. Why? Because when it comes time for "for keeps" the other teams pitch, hit, catch, and all that other important baseball shit...
It's not some type of heavily argued debate or even a remotely original thought, because no one ever thought that spring training mattered and it was proven along time ago that it doesn't.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 08:36 PM 04-16-2023
I hope Bally Sports realizes that few people are going to sign-up for this show.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 08:50 PM 04-16-2023
KC Star still has no full time beat writer to cover the Royals?

JFC yes the Royals are bad but a bad look by the KC Star.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 08:51 PM 04-16-2023
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:

What's to report?
[Reply]
cmh6476 09:53 PM 04-16-2023
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:

Who is going to pay for it if they do write something?
[Reply]
BWillie 09:56 PM 04-16-2023
Originally Posted by cmh6476:
Bingo
[Reply]
ROYC75 10:16 PM 04-16-2023
What's to report?
Another loss, we can't let that news get by anybody. Crap they still got another 90+ L's to go!
[Reply]
Al Bundy 10:26 PM 04-16-2023
Letting Bubic pitch with a bad arm is a fireable offense.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 10:29 PM 04-16-2023
Originally Posted by cmh6476:
Whether or not Bubic was told to throw 75 more pitches after reporting tightness in his forearm would be a good question for someone in that position, I'd think.
[Reply]
srvy 11:32 PM 04-16-2023
Originally Posted by poolboy:
dont we already know what we have ?
Yeah, it's nonsense they have seen them in the minor's spring training. They could have made some moves but our ownership is cheap. Not to mention the Yahoos that fed everyone full of bullshit for 5 years that the team was beating the bible on them instead of baseball fundamentals.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 12:18 AM 04-17-2023
Originally Posted by srvy:
Yeah, it's nonsense they have seen them in the minor's spring training. They could have made some moves but our ownership is cheap. Not to mention the Yahoos that fed everyone full of bullshit for 5 years that the team was beating the bible on them instead of baseball fundamentals.
Were you one of those who thought we saw all we needed from Mike Moustakas at the start of 2014?
[Reply]
Page 63 of 333
« First < 13535960616263 6465666773113163 > Last »
Up