ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3542 of 3903
« First < 2542304234423492353235383539354035413542 3543354435453546355235923642 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
jdubya 09:35 PM 07-01-2021
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
Come on man. I don't think anyone really contests that either of those groups is suspicious of vaccines. Do they? I wasn't trying to make any point other than that's probably why Mississippi is so low. The state population contains a high % of both groups.
It's all good. I think BC loves his "keep your DC bullshit in DC" thread and will enjoy sticking it again :-)
:-)

On another note, my wife who is a breast cancer survivor had to have a breast MRI yesterday. The techs were very adamant in knowing which arm she had her last Covid vax in because this vaccine apparently mimics cancer cells in the lymph nodes in MRI`s? Typing this, my wife is on the phone with a friend who just had a failed botox treatment because apparently the vaccines anti anti inflammatories attack the botox treatment? So if one wants botox you need to wait 3 or 4 months after your second covid vaccine. Annecdotal of course but just passing what I am hearing from my household lol.
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:41 PM 07-01-2021
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
Come on man. I don't think anyone really contests that either of those groups is suspicious of vaccines. Do they? I wasn't trying to make any point other than that's probably why Mississippi is so low. The state population contains a high % of both groups.
It's all about the lines we have to draw as mods, which just means the lines people will walk up to and try to cross.

Yes, your comment was most likely "political fact" and not a political opinion that would incite anything in this thread.... and it would probably get an eye-roll in most threads.

Yet, this is by far the most banned-from and scrutinized thread for politics in the history of this board, where for the past 16 months every every post that remotely could be a veiled attempt to insert politics is met with 10 follow up posts that hijack the thread. Or one person gets triggered over it and wants to dissect your comment. Or BEP checks in again and stirs up drama in the Gripe thread about why she got booted and you're allowed to stay.
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:42 PM 07-01-2021
Originally Posted by jdubya:
It's all good. I think BC loves his "keep your DC bullshit in DC" thread and will enjoy sticking it again :-)
It's actually DaFace's thread, TYVM. :-)
[Reply]
ChiliConCarnage 09:57 PM 07-01-2021
JnJ update

Originally Posted by :
The shot neutralized the delta variant within 29 days of a first dose, and protection matured and improved over time, the company said.

With the latest data in hand, Van Hoof said J&J doesn’t believe people who have been given its vaccine should need a booster within a year of having gotten it. “And if a boost is needed,” he said, “we don’t think we’ll need to change the formulation.”
Originally Posted by :
Data released by the company showed antibody counts, known as titres, were substantially higher in response to the delta variant than the beta variant first detected in South Africa.
Still studying T cell counts. Data seems to be based on handfuls of people though. :-) Data from two dose regimen testing expected by August
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 10:22 PM 07-01-2021
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I feel like there's a pattern here if we can somehow tease it out.
The vaccine is another Big 12-SEC challenge.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 10:51 PM 07-01-2021
Originally Posted by wazu:
Yep. Those high-falutin college grads have weak immune systems and they know it.
I guess you can be smart and beef up your immune system with technology or yer can take yer chances finding out if Delta really is as harmless as the flu...
[Reply]
stevieray 08:51 AM 07-02-2021
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
I guess you can be smart and beef up your immune system with technology or yer can take yer chances finding out if Delta really is as harmless as the flu...
[Reply]
Monticore 08:56 AM 07-02-2021
Originally Posted by jdubya:

On another note, my wife who is a breast cancer survivor had to have a breast MRI yesterday. The techs were very adamant in knowing which arm she had her last Covid vax in because this vaccine apparently mimics cancer cells in the lymph nodes in MRI`s? Typing this, my wife is on the phone with a friend who just had a failed botox treatment because apparently the vaccines anti anti inflammatories attack the botox treatment? So if one wants botox you need to wait 3 or 4 months after your second covid vaccine. Annecdotal of course but just passing what I am hearing from my household lol.
Doesn't really mimic cancer cells it just hard to tell the cause of reactive nodes (cold/ingrown hair/vaccine/chronic/cancer) so waiting 3-4 months after your shot for breast imaging is also being recommended , if you can't wait knowing if you had a shot and which side is helpful.
[Reply]
DaFace 01:51 PM 07-02-2021
Originally Posted by ChiliConCarnage:
JnJ update

Still studying T cell counts. Data seems to be based on handfuls of people though. :-) Data from two dose regimen testing expected by August
Promising results at least. I'd still like to get effectiveness % against Delta at some point, but I'm sure that will come in time.
[Reply]
TLO 07:15 AM 07-05-2021
Israel data reportedly shows drop in efficacy of Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine as delta variant spreads
At the same time, the decline in protection against serious cases and hospitalization is considerably milder, the Ynet news website said.
BY ALISA ODENHEIMER AND BLOOMBERG
July 05, 2021 5:59 AM EDT

Subscribe to Fortune Daily to get essential business stories straight to your inbox each morning.
Israel has recorded a steep drop in the efficacy rate of the Pfizer Inc.-BioNTech SE in preventing coronavirus infections, due to the spread of the delta variant and the easing of government restrictions, Ynet news website reported, citing Health Ministry data.

At the same time, the decline in protection against serious cases and hospitalization is considerably milder, the website said. There was no immediate comment from the ministry.

The figures show that between May 2 and June 5, the vaccine had a 94.3% efficacy rate. From June 6, five days after the government canceled coronavirus restrictions, until early July, the rate plunged to 64%. A similar decline was recorded in protection against coronavirus symptoms, the report said.

At the same time, protection against hospitalization and serious illness remained strong. From May 2 to June 5, the efficacy rate in preventing hospitalization was 98.2%, compared with 93% from June 6 to July 3. A similar decline in the rate was recorded for the vaccine’s efficiency in preventing serious illness among people who had been inoculated.

These figures are in line with ministry data that show that many of the new cases are among people who have been vaccinated, while the number of serious cases is rising much more slowly, Ynet said. Last Friday, 55% of the newly infected had been vaccinated, the website said. As of July 4, there were 35 serious cases of coronavirus in Israel, compared with 21 on June 19.

The government is considering reinstating additional coronavirus-related restrictions after restoring a mandate to wear masks indoors in public spaces. Officials are also discussing whether to recommend a third dose of vaccine, the report said.

Pfizer CEO Albert Bourla has said people will “likely” need a third dose of a Covid-19 vaccine within 12 months of getting fully vaccinated.

Israel had one of the world’s most effective coronavirus inoculation drives. Some 57% of the general population is fully vaccinated, including 88% of the population above the age of 50 — the group considered most at risk for serious cases.
[Reply]
TLO 07:19 AM 07-05-2021
Of course I can't actually find the data they are referencing.
[Reply]
O.city 07:20 AM 07-05-2021
Interesting

Would like the see the data on it to be sure.
[Reply]
TLO 07:30 AM 07-05-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
Interesting

Would like the see the data on it to be sure.
You might see what you can find. Everywhere I look leads me to a website in a language I can't read.
[Reply]
O.city 07:43 AM 07-05-2021
https://twitter.com/sailorrooscout/s...428579329?s=21
[Reply]
TLO 08:10 AM 07-05-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
https://twitter.com/sailorrooscout/s...428579329?s=21
Lots of studies. Lots of different findings.

However they all seem to agree that the shot prevents severe illness at a very high rare.
[Reply]
Page 3542 of 3903
« First < 2542304234423492353235383539354035413542 3543354435453546355235923642 > Last »
Up