ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2106 of 3903
« First < 1106160620062056209621022103210421052106 210721082109211021162156220626063106 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
ChiliConCarnage 01:20 PM 05-18-2020
I know it's a Monday but death tolls look like they'll be pretty low. Russia has the second most cases yet reports very little deaths compared to pretty much any other country.

Brazil seems like it may have been hit badly. They have quite a lot of cases and only 3k per million in testing.
[Reply]
Mecca 01:26 PM 05-18-2020
Originally Posted by ChiliConCarnage:
I know it's a Monday but death tolls look like they'll be pretty low. Russia has the second most cases yet reports very little deaths compared to pretty much any other country.

Brazil seems like it may have been hit badly. They have quite a lot of cases and only 3k per million in testing.
Brazil is being hit hard because any health official that doesn't agree with the presidents stance gets fired...it's like you know a virus doesn't really care about all that.
[Reply]
TLO 01:26 PM 05-18-2020

New York and New Jersey have certainly turned a corner.
[Reply]
chinaski 01:45 PM 05-18-2020

Not to mention the UFO crash near Sao Paulo over the weekend...
[Reply]
BleedingRed 01:45 PM 05-18-2020
Anyone else skeptical of our death total? Is every country under reporting or are we over reporting?
[Reply]
Donger 01:47 PM 05-18-2020
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...wn/ar-BB14ev9M

Some 108 million people in China’s northeast region are being plunged back under lockdown conditions as a new and growing cluster of infections causes a backslide in the nation’s return to normal.

In an abrupt reversal of the re-opening taking place across the nation, cities in Jilin province have cut off trains and buses, shut schools and quarantined tens of thousands of people. The strict measures have dismayed many residents who had thought the worst of the nation’s epidemic was over.

In an abrupt reversal of the re-opening taking place across the nation, cities in Jilin province have cut off trains and buses, shut schools and quarantined tens of thousands of people. The strict measures have dismayed many residents who had thought the worst of the nation’s epidemic was over.

People “are feeling more cautious again,” said Fan Pai, who works at a trading company in Shenyang, a city in nearby Liaoning province that’s also facing renewed restrictions. “Children playing outside are wearing masks again” and health care workers are walking around in protective gear, she said. “It’s frustrating because you don’t know when it will end.”

While the cluster of 34 infections isn’t growing as quickly the outbreak in Wuhan which started the global pandemic last December, China’s swift and powerful reaction reflects its fear of a second wave after it curbed the virus’s spread at great economic and social cost. It’s also a sign of how fragile the re-opening process will be in China and elsewhere as even the slightest hint of a resurgence of infections could prompt a return to strict lockdown.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 01:53 PM 05-18-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...wn/ar-BB14ev9M

Some 108 million people in China’s northeast region are being plunged back under lockdown conditions as a new and growing cluster of infections causes a backslide in the nation’s return to normal.

People “are feeling more cautious again,” said Fan Pai, who works at a trading company in Shenyang, a city in nearby Liaoning province that’s also facing renewed restrictions. “Children playing outside are wearing masks again” and health care workers are walking around in protective gear, she said. “It’s frustrating because you don’t know when it will end.”

While the cluster of 34 infections isn’t growing as quickly the outbreak in Wuhan which started the global pandemic last December, China’s swift and powerful reaction reflects its fear of a second wave after it curbed the virus’s spread at great economic and social cost. It’s also a sign of how fragile the re-opening process will be in China and elsewhere as even the slightest hint of a resurgence of infections could prompt a return to strict lockdown.
Why do they keep saying this when everything points to sooner than that.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 01:53 PM 05-18-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
I haven't had Domino's BBQ pizza in about 20 years. I had Domino's for the first time in about 20 years last year and it SUCKED!
To each their own man. Domino's, Papa Johns, Little Caesars and Pizza Hut are the dominant pizza chains in America. Everyone I talk to, each has their own preference. So I don't think one is really better than the other just depends on what you like.
[Reply]
KCUnited 02:02 PM 05-18-2020
Does China even lift?
[Reply]
Lzen 02:07 PM 05-18-2020
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
To each their own man. Domino's, Papa Johns, Little Caesars and Pizza Hut are the dominant pizza chains in America. Everyone I talk to, each has their own preference. So I don't think one is really better than the other just depends on what you like.
I don't know if it's my tastes have become more sophisticated or they have just gone downhill but Pizza Hut used to be really good back in the 80/90s. Now, they're barely edible.

I thought Papa John's used to be decent but the last couple of times we got pizza from them we were disappointed. Haven't had their pizza in about 2 years or so.

Somebody mentioned Dominos being better than they were years ago and I tend to agree. They are not what I would call great, but they have improved a lot.

Little Ceasars is what they have always been, cheap pizza using cheap ingredients. You get what you pay for.

My preference for cheap (relatively) pizza is Papa Murphy's.

But if I want it already made, I will go to Gambino's.
[Reply]
Donger 02:08 PM 05-18-2020
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
Why do they keep saying this when everything points to sooner than that.
Because that's apparently the best confirmed information we have. That patient zero was symptomatic on December 1, 2019.
[Reply]
notorious 02:14 PM 05-18-2020
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Does China even rift?
Fyp
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 02:16 PM 05-18-2020
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
Anyone else skeptical of our death total? Is every country under reporting or are we over reporting?
Almost every developing country is going to have massively under-reported numbers because they don't have the infrastructure to accurately capture an epidemic like this in real time. As was mentioned here a few weeks ago, background mortality in Ecuador was 700% of normal in the capital and corpses were being put outside in cardboard coffins.
[Reply]
TLO 02:25 PM 05-18-2020
St Joe did about 1600 tests in the community this weekend. 814 tests came back today.

Guess how many were positive
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 02:30 PM 05-18-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
St Joe did about 1600 tests in the community this weekend. 814 tests came back today.

Guess how many were positive
9?
[Reply]
Page 2106 of 3903
« First < 1106160620062056209621022103210421052106 210721082109211021162156220626063106 > Last »
Up