ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3301 of 3903
« First < 2301280132013251329132973298329933003301 33023303330433053311335134013801 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Pants 02:51 PM 12-14-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
What do you think this is, the 90s? How am I supposed to find the 30 seconds to actually understand something when I can just overreact to an inflammatory headline?
I don't know about you, but I, FOR ONE, trust Twitter. K?
[Reply]
loochy 03:15 PM 12-14-2020
Originally Posted by Pants:
I don't know about you, but I, FOR ONE, trust Twitter. K?
bitchute is where it's at, brah
[Reply]
O.city 03:22 PM 12-14-2020
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Just lost another one today to Covid. Mid-60s, but no indication that there were other issues. This really stinks.
That sucks man. Thoughts with you.
[Reply]
Marcellus 03:27 PM 12-14-2020
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Interesting interview, but "Tom Elliott" summarized it very poorly and inaccurately. I would encourage readers to ignore what he said and watch the interview.
Its not really any better and his comments about "there will be restrictions" for up to another 9 months is pretty damn irritating to me.

When did Bill Gates get elected to a position of authority by anyone?
[Reply]
Pants 03:29 PM 12-14-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Its not really any better and his comments about "there will be restrictions" for up to another 9 months is pretty damn irritating to me.

He wasn't and he is not making any decisions. He is clearly just offering his opinion in that video.
[Reply]
sedated 03:31 PM 12-14-2020

If its just his opinion then who cares.

And "restrictions" can mean a lot of things. If places are only requiring masks and enforcing distancing, I don't see an issue.
[Reply]
DaFace 03:45 PM 12-14-2020

I've stated there will be restrictions in the fall, yet no one has railed about me. :-)

It's pretty obvious that there will have to be restrictions. He didn't say "YOU FUCKERS ARE GONNA STAY IN YOUR HOMES AND YOU WILL LIKE IT!!!!" He just said that there will probably be some restrictions until the rest of the world can catch up and we can get our vaccination rates high. All of that is obvious and correct.

Quite frankly, the hatred of Bill Gates is one of the most strange parts of this entire situation to me. It's just bizarre.
[Reply]
loochy 03:47 PM 12-14-2020
I've stated there will be restrictions in the fall, yet no one has railed about me. :-)

It's pretty obvious that there will have to be restrictions. He didn't say "YOU FUCKERS ARE GONNA STAY IN YOUR HOMES AND YOU WILL LIKE IT!!!!" He just said that there will probably be some restrictions until the rest of the world can catch up and we can get our vaccination rates high. All of that is obvious and correct.

Quite frankly, the hatred of Bill Gates is one of the most strange parts of this entire situation to me. It's just bizarre.
it's because he comes across as some rich guy that just interjected himself into all this

and yeah, i know about his foundation, yadda yadda yadda
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 03:50 PM 12-14-2020

I had someone literally try and argue with me that the school that Fauci graduated medical school from was the equivalent of a community college.

So yeah, the guy that graduated from Cornell, is the editor of the Infectious Disease section of Harrison's Principles of Internal medicine, and has run the NIH for the better part of four decades is a clown, but a family practice doc that posts his data through tweet is the guy we should be listening to.
[Reply]
DaFace 03:51 PM 12-14-2020
Originally Posted by loochy:
it's because he comes across as some rich guy that just interjected himself into all this

and yeah, i know about his foundation, yadda yadda yadda
But that's the part I don't understand. He didn't "just interject himself" into all of this. He's been at it for 20 years. He's widely viewed as one of the most impactful philanthropists of our lifetimes. It's just that much of those impacts have been outside the U.S. because we haven't previously needed it here. (And even then, he's given a shit ton of money to educational causes in the U.S. that have impacted local communities everywhere even if you weren't aware of it.)

If you view him as randomly showing up during this pandemic, you're just being willfully ignorant.
[Reply]
loochy 03:52 PM 12-14-2020
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
I had someone literally try and argue with me that the school that Fauci graduated medical school from was the equivalent of a community college.

So yeah, the guy that graduated from Cornell, is the editor of the Infectious Disease section of Harrison's Principles of Internal medicine, and has run the NIH for the better part of four decades is a clown, but a family practice doc that posts his data through tweet is the guy we should be listening to.

Pssh, he should't even use the title of Dr. They just give those away like candy now. /cross thread humor
[Reply]
DaFace 03:57 PM 12-14-2020
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:

I work with data for a living, and I've realized in recent years that sound data and reasoning only go so far compared to compelling anecdotes. It's not literally true, but sometimes I think that people would be happier if I walked up to five people on the street to ask about their opinions but provided a video than if I'd conducted a $50k randomized survey of 10,000 people and provided a robust report about it.
[Reply]
loochy 03:58 PM 12-14-2020
If you view him as randomly showing up during this pandemic, you're just being willfully ignorant.

insult people however you want, but that's why

it's pretty much an image and branding thing
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 04:03 PM 12-14-2020
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:

Thought it was common knowledge that we are roughtly 18 months from being back to "normal" whatever that is post Covid.
[Reply]
loochy 04:07 PM 12-14-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
Thought it was common knowledge that we are roughtly 18 months from being back to "normal" whatever that is post Covid.

if you're a cuck
[Reply]
Page 3301 of 3903
« First < 2301280132013251329132973298329933003301 33023303330433053311335134013801 > Last »
Up