ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3287 of 3903
« First < 2287278731873237327732833284328532863287 32883289329032913297333733873787 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
DaFace 05:18 PM 12-10-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
MY understanding..... CDC advisory panel meets tomorrow and Sunday. If approved on either day, the FDA will approve that day and the vaccine goes out.

I’m thinking why not just approve it tomorrow at that meeting?
Could be wrong, but I don't think the CDC has any control over authorization. Obviously it would be pretty weird for the CDC to recommend against it after the FDA authorizes it, but it's possible.
[Reply]
TLO 05:22 PM 12-10-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Could be wrong, but I don't think the CDC has any control over authorization. Obviously it would be pretty weird for the CDC to recommend against it after the FDA authorizes it, but it's possible.
Seems highly unlikely, and also seems like they could expedite the process a bit at this point.
[Reply]
DaFace 05:23 PM 12-10-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
Seems highly unlikely, and also seems like they could expedite the process a bit at this point.
Again, I'm not 100% sure of this, but I think the FDA authorization is all we really need for the ball to start rolling. The CDC makes recommendations like "wear a mask," but they're not binding.
[Reply]
TLO 12-10-2020, 05:23 PM
This message has been deleted by TLO. Reason: Double post
BigRedChief 05:23 PM 12-10-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
CNN and the Washington post both said it’s going to the CDC. Just stating what I heard. Obviously, no first hand knowledge of the process.

Yeah all these seem like formalities. The reputable and independent scientists and epidemiologists have seen the deep data sets. They say approve. Who’s going to know more than them?
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 05:29 PM 12-10-2020
The CDC is a public health agency. The FDA is a regulatory body that has the authority to approve drugs under the Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act. While the CDC controls the stock of certain rare drugs, they do not determine approval.
[Reply]
TLO 05:30 PM 12-10-2020
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
The CDC is a public health agency. The FDA is a regulatory body that has the authority to approve drugs under the Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act. While the CDC controls the stock of certain rare drugs, they do not determine approval.
So is the FDA is waiting for the CDC to vote for appearance purposes? I'm not trying to be snarky, I'm just not sure what's going on.
[Reply]
TLO 05:41 PM 12-10-2020
Found this on CNN

Originally Posted by :
Here's what to expect:

Thursday, December 10

Who: FDA's Vaccines and Related Biological Products Advisory Committee, or VRBPAC -- a committee of independent experts with no stake in any of the companies developing Covid-19 vaccines
What's expected: A vote on a recommendation to the FDA on EUA for Pfizer's Covid-19 vaccine
When: 9 a.m. ET start; key testimony at 1 p.m. and 2 p.m.; Discussion/vote session starts at 3:10 p.m.; 6 p.m. end
What you'll see: Public and livestreamed remote Zoom meeting -- expect audio, slideshows, possibly some video
Draft agenda for December 10 meeting here.

Thursday, December 11 or later

Who: FDA's emergency use authorization decision
What's expected: The FDA's EUA allows shipping to begin, but shots still can't be administered until the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention advisory committee recommends vaccine

When: FDA will announce this at any time, likely without warning.

Friday, December 11 and Sunday, December 13

Who: CDC's Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices, or ACIP
What's expected: A vote that the CDC should offer the vaccine to the American public; for recommendation to be made official, it must be accepted by CDC and published in CDC's Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report.
When: 12 p.m.- 5 p.m. ET Friday, December 11; 12 p.m.- 4 p.m. ET Sunday, December 13; vote is currently expected at 3:30 p.m. Sunday
What you'll see: Public and livestreamed remote Zoom meeting -- expect audio, slideshows, minimal video
Draft agenda for both meetings here.

[Reply]
petegz28 05:45 PM 12-10-2020
So when does the vaccine start getting stuck in arms? I mean if the CDC cannot stop this one way or the other then WTF are we waiting on them?
[Reply]
New World Order 05:49 PM 12-10-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
So when does the vaccine start getting stuck in arms? I mean if the CDC cannot stop this one way or the other then WTF are we waiting on them?
Physicians at Truman are receiving it in December, so I assume Feb
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 05:50 PM 12-10-2020
So is the FDA is waiting for the CDC to vote for appearance purposes? I'm not trying to be snarky, I'm just not sure what's going on.
ACIP determines what vaccines are put on the recommended schedule which also helps determine insurance coverage.
[Reply]
petegz28 05:57 PM 12-10-2020
Originally Posted by New World Order:
Physicians at Truman are receiving it in December, so I assume Feb
No, people need to start getting stuck next week....Where do you get Feb?
[Reply]
Chiefnj2 06:04 PM 12-10-2020
It would be nice if the medical treatment Donald, Rudy and Chris received were available to the general public until vaccines are available to all. It seems to work miracles for older and/or obese people.
[Reply]
petegz28 06:16 PM 12-10-2020
Originally Posted by Chiefnj2:
It would be nice if the medical treatment Donald, Rudy and Chris received were available to the general public until vaccines are available to all. It seems to work miracles for older and/or obese people.
I believe the only thing that wasn't available then was Regeneron which I though had received EUA.
[Reply]
TLO 06:18 PM 12-10-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
I believe the only thing that wasn't available then was Regeneron which I though had received EUA.
Yes it did receive EUA
[Reply]
Donger 06:22 PM 12-10-2020
Yes it did receive EUA
https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/show...ostcount=44185

Have you seen any revised projections from them?
[Reply]
Page 3287 of 3903
« First < 2287278731873237327732833284328532863287 32883289329032913297333733873787 > Last »
Up