ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 135 of 167
« First < 3585125131132133134135 136137138139145 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Aaron Rodgers, Green Bay on the Outs?
Dante84 01:21 PM 04-29-2021

Reigning MVP Aaron Rodgers is so disgruntled with the Green Bay Packers that he has told some within the organization that he does not want to return to the team, league and team sources told ESPN on Thursday.

More on NFL Live now....

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) April 29, 2021

#Packers GM Brian Gutekunst to ESPN: "As we've stated since the season ended, we are committed to Aaron in 2021 and beyond. Aaron has been a vital part of our success and we look forward to competing for another championship with him leading our team."

— NFL Update (@MySportsUpdate) April 29, 2021

Originally Posted by :
Aaron Rodgers doesn't want to return to Green Bay Packers, sources say
Reigning MVP Aaron Rodgers is so disgruntled with the Green Bay Packers that he has told some within the organization that he does not want to return to the team, league and team sources told ESPN on Thursday.

The Packers are aware of his feelings, concerned about them and have had team president Mark Murphy, general manager Brian Gutekunst and head coach Matt LaFleur each fly out on separate trips to meet with Rodgers at various points this offseason, sources told ESPN.

"As we've stated since the season ended, we are committed to Aaron in 2021 and beyond," Gutekunst told ESPN. "Aaron has been a vital part of our success and we look forward to competing for another championship with him leading our team."

Rodgers has not budged this offseason, but neither have the Packers, who have made it known they are not interested in trading Rodgers anywhere.

The San Francisco 49ers called the Packers on Wednesday night, a source told ESPN, and the Los Angeles Rams inquired about Rodgers in January before they traded for Matthew Stafford.

The Packers quickly dismissed the Rams' overtures, the source said.

The Packers have offered to extend Rodgers' contract, sources told ESPN.

Rodgers is unhappy for a variety of reasons, with some of it dating back to last year's draft when the Packers didn't inform him before trading up to draft a quarterback with their first-round pick. Some took this as a sign that his days in Green Bay could he numbered.

He also is at a different point in his personal life, having recently gotten engaged to actress Shailene Woodley. Rodgers also has hosted "Jeopardy!" and said it would be a dream to become the full-time host. He could play football and host Jeopardy! together.

Rodgers has made cryptic comments about his future in Green Bay, but he has told others that he does not want to return.

On draft night, the Packers' biggest issue isn't who they land, but whether they can keep the former NFL MVP.

Rodgers' contract contained a $6.8 million roster bonus due in March. It could have been converted into a signing bonus that would have freed up more than $4.5 million in salary-cap space for this season but instead it "vested as scheduled," a source told ESPN at the time. It's listed as an automatic conversion in Rodgers' contract but even that has to be signed off on by both parties. It's not known if the Packers tried to convert and Rodgers refused to sign off on it, or if they did not attempt a conversion.

[Reply]
Marcellus 12:24 PM 07-29-2021
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Put Mahomes in Rodgers' position at the end of the game in the NFC championship. Mahomes would have scored. He absolutely would have run it in. And if he didn't, he would have made a better throw or found a better solution than the one Rodgers chose.

The Packers should have won that game. The reason why they didn't is because Aaron Rodgers choked.
Said this right after it happened and many times since. That's why his whining and crying is even more ridiculous and annoying.

Rodgers was my favorite NFL player for many years but his attitude and personality along with regular playoff choke jobs changed that.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 12:27 PM 07-29-2021
Brady threw interceptions on 3 straight drives in the second half. Packers went 3 and out on 2 of the following drives.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 12:34 PM 07-29-2021
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Said this right after it happened and many times since. That's why his whining and crying is even more ridiculous and annoying.

Rodgers was my favorite NFL player for many years but his attitude and personality along with regular playoff choke jobs changed that.
It's interesting, as I age I do find myself becoming more humble and slightly more wise. Not much, but a little. :-)

Rodgers, on the other hand, seemed to go in the opposite direction. He was always a little odd, now he just strikes me as the type of guy who likes the smell of his own farts.

Also, when he didn't run into the end zone on that third down play before the infamous field goal against the Bucs, it should have been obvious to everyone he does not have the "it" factor anymore, if he ever did to begin with. Mahomes takes that thing for a TD 100 times out of 100.
[Reply]
ptlyon 12:36 PM 07-29-2021
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:
It's interesting, as I age I do find myself becoming more humble and slightly more wise. Not much, but a little. :-)

Rodgers, on the other hand, seemed to go in the opposite direction. He was always a little odd, now he just strikes me as the type of guy who likes the smell of his own farts.

Also, when he didn't run into the end zone on that third down play before the infamous field goal against the Bucs, it should have been obvious to everyone he does not have the "it" factor anymore, if he ever did to begin with. Mahomes takes that thing for a TD 100 times out of 100.
Wait. Who don't?
[Reply]
Marcellus 12:42 PM 07-29-2021
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:

I was rooting for the Packers as I wanted a Mahomes/Rodgers SB. I mean who wanted Brady in the SB again right?

I was screaming at the TV for him to run and couldn't believe he didn't. And that throw? Good God.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 12:56 PM 07-29-2021
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
Wait. Who don't?
Fair point. :-)
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 12:57 PM 07-29-2021
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
I was rooting for the Packers as I wanted a Mahomes/Rodgers SB. I mean who wanted Brady in the SB again right?

I was screaming at the TV for him to run and couldn't believe he didn't. And that throw? Good God.
Yeah, and the most annoying part was how he got a free pass on it as well.

Everyone harped on LaFleur for kicking the field goal, but maybe he did so because he didn't have faith that Rodgers was going to make the play on 4th down...
[Reply]
RunKC 03:18 PM 09-16-2021
Look at this guy in the post game. He’s so done. He looks miserable
[Reply]
JakeF 03:45 PM 09-16-2021
Rodgers is such a Dbag, he's read too many of his press clippings saying how great he is. Now he only dates starlets and gets off by complaining about the Package to see who he can get fired next.

A couple more crappy games like the last one and the team will look to dump Rodgers and Adams. I think the team has money problems, that's why they looked to move on from Rodgers so early.
[Reply]
Frazod 04:02 PM 09-16-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Look at this guy in the post game. He’s so done. He looks miserable
I know most of the pundits are picking Green Bay big over Detroit this week, just because its Packers vs. Lions and that's how it is. But the Lions certainly played exponentially better than the Packers last week.

Is Rodgers really just phoning it in and/or deliberately fucking the team over? I guess if the Packers get their shit pushed in again we'll be closer to the answer.
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 04:09 PM 09-16-2021
Originally Posted by Frazod:
I know most of the pundits are picking Green Bay big over Detroit this week, just because its Packers vs. Lions and that's how it is. But the Lions certainly played exponentially better than the Packers last week.

Is Rodgers really just phoning it in and/or deliberately fucking the team over? I guess if the Packers get their shit pushed in again we'll be closer to the answer.
I just couldn't imagine that being the case. I mean, what type of confidence would you inspire in your next team if they know that, at any moment, you can purposely start tanking when you don't like the situation?

Even if it did ultimately fly with a future team's brass, I can't imagine a lot of the players being respectful of a "quitter"....

I personally think he just had a really bad day....it happens
[Reply]
Renegade 04:28 PM 09-16-2021
Originally Posted by mililo4cpa:
I just couldn't imagine that being the case. I mean, what type of confidence would you inspire in your next team if they know that, at any moment, you can purposely start tanking when you don't like the situation?

Even if it did ultimately fly with a future team's brass, I can't imagine a lot of the players being respectful of a "quitter"....

I personally think he just had a really bad day....it happens
Sounds like a match made just for the Broncos.
[Reply]
RunKC 08:13 PM 12-30-2021
Looks like he’s been happy with the changes they made. Why does he want to leave again?

Aaron Rodgers today on GM Brian Gutekunst: "I’ve enjoyed being a part of conversations that directly affect my job, which I talked about in the offseason, and Brian’s taken the lead in that. And I do appreciate the way our relationship has grown."

— Matt Schneidman (@mattschneidman) December 29, 2021

[Reply]
TEX 08:43 PM 12-30-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Looks like he’s been happy with the changes they made. Why does he want to leave again?

BUT DENVER!!!! :-)
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 08:50 PM 12-30-2021
He’s be a fool to jump ship now. The Packers are a top 5 organization.
[Reply]
Page 135 of 167
« First < 3585125131132133134135 136137138139145 > Last »
Up