ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 15
« First < 56789 10111213 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Kyle Long may miss training camp with leg injury
TribalElder 07:15 AM 06-10-2021
Kyle Long‘s comeback effort has hit a snag.

NFL Media reports that Long suffered a leg injury that could keep him out through training camp. Initial thoughts were that it would keep him out for the season, but the hope is that Long will be able to return to action before the start of the regular season.

Long did not play in 2020 after missing 34 games over his final four years with the Bears due to injury, but signed with the Chiefs as part of their offensive line overhaul this offseason.

It looked like Long would be competing for the right guard spot during camp. Laurent Duvernay-Tardif, who is also returning from sitting out the 2020 season, Andrew Wylie and sixth-round pick Trey Smith may now make up the group vying for that spot.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...th-leg-injury/
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 07:48 PM 06-10-2021
Originally Posted by PHOG:
Brown-Thunney-Humphrey-Smith-Niang
They didn't draft and sign these ****ers to sit on the bench.
LDT at RG is a given.
[Reply]
RealSNR 07:51 PM 06-10-2021
I haven't kept up on this, but is Smith's health thing 100% cleared? I remember reading that doctors gave him the ok to play football, but was there some wait-and-see period that pro teams may have wanted to conduct to make sure? Or is it one of those, "It was a problem, it got corrected, and now he's good as new" things?
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 08:33 PM 06-10-2021
LDT missing voluntary OTA’s is weak considering he is trying to return from an opt-out season.

He should have figured out the international entry logistics in advance if that’s the hold up.

The Chiefs have had a very high level of participation at their voluntary OTA’s overall.
[Reply]
Kiimo 09:35 PM 06-10-2021
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
I haven't kept up on this, but is Smith's health thing 100% cleared? I remember reading that doctors gave him the ok to play football, but was there some wait-and-see period that pro teams may have wanted to conduct to make sure? Or is it one of those, "It was a problem, it got corrected, and now he's good as new" things?
He hasn't had clots since 2018 and takes medication for it no but I don't think there's any way on knowing if they'll suddenly come back or not.
[Reply]
Halfcan 09:39 PM 06-10-2021
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Smith has stated he is on medication and is fine. Good thing other teams blew it out of proportion or we could not have got him.

Thuney said he and Creed are both explosive. :-)
[Reply]
Titty Meat 12:26 AM 06-11-2021
I'm a fan of Smith and may the best man win but to spend all those resources and have 2 rookies starting? Idk.
[Reply]
New World Order 01:08 AM 06-11-2021
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
I'm a fan of Smith and may the best man win but to spend all those resources and have 2 rookies starting? Idk.
Agreed. Could even be 3 if Niang takes over RT spot.
[Reply]
BossChief 01:19 AM 06-11-2021
The most talented line would be

Brown - Thuney - Humphrey - Smith - Niang

But the likely week 1 OL will be

Brown - Thuney - Humphrey - LDT - Remmers

But I have a strong suspicion that Remmers will have a “tight hamstring” (or the equivalent) in the final week of camp and Niang won’t give the job back.
[Reply]
TEX 04:05 AM 06-11-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
That means absolutely nothing when it comes to the NFL.

Nothing.

Thousands upon thousands of acclaimed guys from every conference, including the SEC, have failed to live up to expectations in the NFL.

The Chiefs face some pretty damn good defenses to start the season so unless there are catastrophic injuries, I have a hard time believing that Andy Reid is going to start three rookies Week 1.

And Mahomes was destroyed in the Super Bowl and struggled with a toe injury well before that game. He needs experienced offensive lineman when facing the Ravens, Chargers and the Redskins defense, not three rookies on the entire right side of the line.
Yep. Cleveland, week 1, is no picnic either with Clowney and Garret.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 05:00 AM 06-11-2021
Originally Posted by BossChief:

But I have a strong suspicion that Remmers will have a “tight hamstring” (or the equivalent) in the final week of camp and Niang won’t give the job back.

I'd say at max it'll be the Ravens game he'll get the nod
[Reply]
JPH83 05:04 AM 06-11-2021
I feel like it's a tough ask for Niang after two years out and after Remmers did pretty OK. I'd imagine LDT has a better shot at RG after a year because of being a known quantity.

Reckon it'll be Brown - Thuney - Blythe - DLT - Remmers or possibly Brown - Thuney - Humphrey - Blythe - Remmers.

Hope I'm wrong on Niang and even better if Smith beats out LDT and Blythe. Wylie is obviously an absolute no.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 06:13 AM 06-11-2021
Originally Posted by JPH83:
I feel like it's a tough ask for Niang after two years out and after Remmers did pretty OK. I'd imagine LDT has a better shot at RG after a year because of being a known quantity.

Reckon it'll be Brown - Thuney - Blythe - DLT - Remmers or possibly Brown - Thuney - Humphrey - Blythe - Remmers.

Hope I'm wrong on Niang and even better if Smith beats out LDT and Blythe. Wylie is obviously an absolute no.
I think theres no chance Blythe gets the nod at this point.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:16 AM 06-11-2021
Why does everybody feel like it's a tough ask for Niang to start?

widely considered a first round talent, possibly the #1 OT in the draft until his injury (there are a few articles out there from before the injury talking about this), has been working out, working on specific techniques at the team's request, totally rehabbed now and healthy. And a year with the playbook and terminology.

I don't think it's a tough ask at all. I fully expect him to win that RT spot.
[Reply]
-King- 07:02 AM 06-11-2021
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
I think theres no chance Blythe gets the nod at this point.
Ay this point? It's only OTAs lol
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 07:33 AM 06-11-2021
Originally Posted by TEX:
Yep. Cleveland, week 1, is no picnic either with Clowney and Garret.
Clowney sucks
[Reply]
Page 9 of 15
« First < 56789 10111213 > Last »
Up