ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 15
« First < 3910111213 1415 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Kyle Long may miss training camp with leg injury
TribalElder 07:15 AM 06-10-2021
Kyle Long‘s comeback effort has hit a snag.

NFL Media reports that Long suffered a leg injury that could keep him out through training camp. Initial thoughts were that it would keep him out for the season, but the hope is that Long will be able to return to action before the start of the regular season.

Long did not play in 2020 after missing 34 games over his final four years with the Bears due to injury, but signed with the Chiefs as part of their offensive line overhaul this offseason.

It looked like Long would be competing for the right guard spot during camp. Laurent Duvernay-Tardif, who is also returning from sitting out the 2020 season, Andrew Wylie and sixth-round pick Trey Smith may now make up the group vying for that spot.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...th-leg-injury/
[Reply]
smithandrew051 04:35 PM 06-11-2021
I heard a little bit of Teicher on the radio today explaining how losing Long creates a major question mark along the OL for the Chiefs. I swear that dude has a Haglund’s Deformity on his brain.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 05:20 PM 06-11-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
It's clearly because you know more about NFL offensive lineman than Andy Reid.
Never once made that claim. It’s a Chiefs message board where average fans go to express their uneducated opinions. That’s literally the one and only purpose of this sites existence.

I’m really sorry that upsets you so much.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 05:37 PM 06-11-2021
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:
Never once made that claim. It’s a Chiefs message board where average fans go to express their uneducated opinions. That’s literally the one and only purpose of this sites existence.

I’m really sorry that upsets you so much.
Upset me?

:-)

I think you're nothing more than moronic homer with your head up your ass in 99% of the topics in which you post.

You're like a slightly older Mahomo.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 05:47 PM 06-11-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Upset me?

I think you're nothing more than moronic homer with your head up your ass in 99% of the topics in which you post.

You're like a slightly older Mahomo.
Thank you for your insight.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 06:19 PM 06-11-2021
1 good thing about covid was no OTAs or pre season. Alot of you are retarded and put way too much emphasis on this shit and "reports"
[Reply]
srvy 06:39 PM 06-11-2021
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
I heard a little bit of Teicher on the radio today explaining how losing Long creates a major question mark along the OL for the Chiefs. I swear that dude has a Haglund’s Deformity on his brain.
A healthy inspired Long could easily challenge for RG or even RT. I have no doubt he could win either of those starting positions and hold them down as long as healthy, but he is glass.

This O-line was embarrassed in the Superbowl and could have severely injured there once in a generation QB. It bordered on malpractice how they handled their interior line. Then their corner tackles broke down and had no reliable depth. No one on the right side of the line is a lock. This offseason proves they knew they had a problem that needed fixing if they wanted to save their once in a generation QB.
[Reply]
srvy 06:49 PM 06-11-2021
Also, LDT knew the covid quarantine protocol in Canada and had ample time to make arrangements. Apparently he had no intention of attending the voluntary minicamp. Now we don't know if he had the blessings of the Chiefs or not. I do know it was reported that they were light on offensive linemen and some drills were not possible. So that doesn't look too good on his part but it was his right to opt out. We will see how he works out.
[Reply]
Halfcan 07:20 PM 06-11-2021
Originally Posted by srvy:
Also, LDT knew the covid quarantine protocol in Canada and had ample time to make arrangements. Apparently he had no intention of attending the voluntary minicamp. Now we don't know if he had the blessings of the Chiefs or not. I do know it was reported that they were light on offensive linemen and some drills were not possible. So that doesn't look too good on his part but it was his right to opt out. We will see how he works out.
LDT has never attended the OTA's before.
[Reply]
srvy 07:35 PM 06-11-2021
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
LDT has never attended the OTA's before.
I didn't know this. Seems dedicated to a craft but not football apparently. He is not a dummy. His chosen true passion will be a lot less damaging to his body and this hobby can easily pay for his medical school plus leave a solid nest egg.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 07:59 PM 06-11-2021
A healthy inspired Long could easily challenge for RG or even RT. I have no doubt he could win either of those starting positions and hold them down as long as healthy, but he is glass.

This O-line was embarrassed in the Superbowl and could have severely injured there once in a generation QB. It bordered on malpractice how they handled their interior line. Then their corner tackles broke down and had no reliable depth. No one on the right side of the line is a lock. This offseason proves they knew they had a problem that needed fixing if they wanted to save their once in a generation QB.
It’s definitely a shame. A healthy Long at RG would have been a difference maker. Who knows, maybe he recovers in time to make an impact. Obviously you’re not getting 16 games out of him but he’s easily the best option at RG on paper.

I just feel bad for the guy. He certainly didn’t need to come back for money. He just loves football. He worked his ass off to turn into an athletic freak and then chips his kneecap or some weird shit. Just sucks for everyone.
[Reply]
Halfcan 08:19 PM 06-11-2021
I didn't know this. Seems dedicated to a craft but not football apparently. He is not a dummy. His chosen true passion will be a lot less damaging to his body and this hobby can easily pay for his medical school plus leave a solid nest egg.
On 610- they said the Chiefs gave him a pass because of medical school- but he Has attended all mandatory events and practices.

It won't matter, Trey Smith will take his lunch money and his spot on the line.

"The dude is a beast!" Mahomes
[Reply]
Megatron96 09:48 PM 06-11-2021
I was hoping that Long would be able to stay healthy. He had a good career as a top tier OL.
[Reply]
Halfcan 10:22 PM 06-11-2021
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
I was hoping that Long would be able to stay healthy. He had a good career as a top tier OL.

Have they even said what exactly happened to his knee and the extent of the injury?
[Reply]
oldman 10:58 PM 06-11-2021
Is it his knee or his lower leg? The first reports were a broken kneecap, but I had one of those and it wasn't all that big a deal since there was no ligament damage. I was on crutches for about 10 days, then switched to a cane for 4 weeks.
[Reply]
Chiefaholic 10:57 AM 06-12-2021

[Reply]
Page 13 of 15
« First < 3910111213 1415 >
Up