ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 10
« First < 56789 10 >
Nzoner's Game Room>ESPN is Garbage
Chieftain 06:05 PM 06-07-2021
I wanted to vent off here about this because it's way overdue. ESPN was once a great sports media back when guys like Stuart Scott, Dan Patrick, Rich Eisen and Kenny Mayne were doing their nightly casts. Or even before that when Bob Ley had just started Outside the Lines. Their main attraction was the iconic Monday Night Countdown with Chris Berman and Tom Jackson. They also aired the very successful NHL 2Night on ESPN2 with John Buccigross and Barry Melrose.

Today, ESPN is heralded by woke trash like Stephen A Smith. Their only great anchor is Mike Greenberg. They got rid of the only watchable football anchor in Trey Wingo. What really annoys me most though is their sports app. Every single time you click on the box score it shows the entire team lineup as if they designed it only for NBA games.:-)
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:27 PM 06-09-2021
Originally Posted by Frazod:
I got tired of Criminal Minds and NCIS as they wore on - like all procedural crime shows, as they wear on too long the stories start to get ridiculous as the writers try to keep shit interesting. Both jumped the shark a long time ago. The reruns from the earlier seasons are okay. Never watched SVU because of the content - no interest in watching shows about victims of sex crimes. Yuck. And fuck all things Chicago. I've spent enough of my life in that shithole that the last thing I want to do is watch it on TV when I get home.

My favorite of this ilk is Blue Bloods. Outside of the annoying D.A. daughter, the cast is great and it hasn't gotten stupid over the years. At least not yet.
Blue Bloods is Wednesday. :-)

And of course the annoying DA daughter used to be married to Tom Brady. It's actually her son that he kisses while he's getting a rub down.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 02:38 PM 06-09-2021
I got tired of Criminal Minds and NCIS as they wore on - like all procedural crime shows, as they wear on too long the stories start to get ridiculous as the writers try to keep shit interesting. Both jumped the shark a long time ago. The reruns from the earlier seasons are okay. Never watched SVU because of the content - no interest in watching shows about victims of sex crimes. Yuck. And fuck all things Chicago. I've spent enough of my life in that shithole that the last thing I want to do is watch it on TV when I get home.

My favorite of this ilk is Blue Bloods. Outside of the annoying D.A. daughter, the cast is great and it hasn't gotten stupid over the years. At least not yet.
Hawaii 5-0. Loved that show.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 02:41 PM 06-09-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:

And of course the annoying DA daughter used to be married to Tom Brady. It's actually her son that he kisses while he's getting a rub down.
I think he meant the daughter of the DA, Sami Gayle. Annoying on the show. Now off the show, character is in SF.

Would Bridget Moynahan, ...maybe tom selleck too. :-)
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:41 PM 06-09-2021
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
I think he meant the daughter of the DA, Sami Gayle. Annoying on the show. Now off the show, character is in SF.

GROSS!!!
[Reply]
Mennonite 02:55 PM 06-09-2021

[Reply]
srvy 04:03 PM 06-09-2021

[Reply]
Paniero 04:20 PM 06-09-2021
I used to love ESPN when I was younger, even when KC teams warranted little coverage. The last ESPN program I listened to regularly was Mike & Mike, until they split up. Now I'm not woke enough to follow all this trash talk and yelling over each other.

I pay no attention to ESPN now. I'll Youtube all my Chiefs and Royals coverage I need these days and not spend 98% of a show's time waiting for a minute of national coverage.
[Reply]
Frazod 04:44 PM 06-09-2021

No, I meant the DA. Her character is annoying as hell. I realize her purpose is to bring balance to the group, but I like everyone else better.

Didn't know that. Wish I could unknow it. Yuck.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 04:48 PM 06-09-2021
Brady didn't marry Moynahan; He knocked her up, then left her for Giselle
[Reply]
Hamwallet 06:58 PM 06-09-2021
Dan Patrick Show lost to ESPN last night for an Emmy. While I normally don’t give 2 shits about those awards... ESPN has done nothing but spew racial BS the last year. Dan Patrick and his team got completely fucked out of a award because ESPN Sports Center got in line lock and step to democratic race baiting.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 07:10 PM 06-09-2021
I have nothing to add but

Keith Olberman is a fuck wad.
[Reply]
RealSNR 07:12 PM 06-09-2021
PTI is and has always been great. Ironically, their success is what helped spawn these incessant clickbait sports talk shows like Skip and First Take, unfortunately. When done well, that kind of stuff is fun and entertaining provided the hosts aren’t douchebags.

When it’s just done to drum up haters to the latest hot take thing said, that’s when it becomes utter shit
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:56 PM 06-09-2021
Originally Posted by Mennonite:
Holy shit. :-)

Well done, sir. Well done.

Originally Posted by RealSNR:
PTI is and has always been great. Ironically, their success is what helped spawn these incessant clickbait sports talk shows like Skip and First Take, unfortunately. When done well, that kind of stuff is fun and entertaining provided the hosts aren’t douchebags.

When it’s just done to drum up haters to the latest hot take thing said, that’s when it becomes utter shit
PTI is still on? Wow.

Excellent point though. Some of Kornheisers jokes aren’t funny, and sometimes they have to take a position because it’s on the program, but yeah, they’re not total disingenuous asslickers.
[Reply]
alpha_omega 09:35 AM 06-10-2021
...My favorite of this ilk is Blue Bloods....it hasn't gotten stupid over the years. At least not yet.
I have to strongly disagree with that. Great show, and I would have agreed with you all the way up to season 11, but i'm out on it now. I'll drop my reason under the spoiler in case you aren't current.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
htismaqe 09:40 AM 06-10-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Brady didn't marry Moynahan; He knocked her up, then left her for Giselle
This is true.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 10
« First < 56789 10 >
Up