ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 12
« First < 23456 78910 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Britt Reid hearing/arraignment day.
SuperBowl4 09:13 AM 06-07-2021
- Pleads Not Guilty - Update : November 19, 2021 - Kansas City Chiefs agree to pay medical expenses for girl who was hurt in crash. Britt Reid's trial date set for April 18, 2022
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 05:44 AM 06-10-2021
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
I am shocked by the ignorance being shown in this thread.
When my ex-wife's previous boyfriend found out she was cheating on him, I knew nothing, he tried to kill me. Once in what I thought was a bar fight where he ran off unidentified and the second time with a pistol in her apartment. When I found out she was not being truthful with me. I learned a lot and just thought it was ridiculous how the system works.
He did the right thing in pleading not guilty. At this point in time, there has not been enough information gathered through discovery for the prosecution or defense to be able to come to a fair plea.
Both the prosecutor and the defense attorney probably have 50 cases that they are currently working on, therefore their staffs have that many cases that they are also tied up with.
Each attorney will have a complete background ran and information gathered on everyone involved in this case.
The defense will be looking to see if this family has ever been ticketed for improper use of a child safety device. They will be checking to see if this family has ever been broken down on any roadway and had an incident. Their credit will be run to see if there is some reasonable financial reason that they might have staged something like this. They will also be having Britt going to a series of several doctors to see if they can use any type of mental defense to help lessen the blame on him.
The prosecutor will be doing similar things looking into Reid. As well as all financials to see about fines and possible reparations.
Each team cannot start this process until they have other cases get closed or settled from their dockets.
Therefore entering a plea of guilty now would have gotten him a MUCH harsher punishment than if he pled not guilty and let the system work.
What does that have to do with you unknowingly banging somebody's girlfriend? Seriously, you left that part out...did you marry her after these incidents? Was she your wife at the time? Did he plead not guilty in trying to murder you?

I'm confused.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 05:52 AM 06-10-2021
Originally Posted by InChiefsHeaven:
What does that have to do with you unknowingly banging somebody's girlfriend? Seriously, you left that part out...did you marry her after these incidents? Was she your wife at the time? Did he plead not guilty in trying to murder you?

I'm confused.
:-)
Yes he plead not guilty and the trial process took almost 2 years before he was sent to prison on 2 counts of 2cd degree attempted murder. Yes I was blinded enough by her to marry her much later.
I was just trying to point out that the legal system is a lot different when you are dealing with it than what people think from the outside.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Flying High D 05:56 AM 06-10-2021
Yes he plead not guilty and the trial process took almost 2 years before he was sent to prison on 2 counts of 2cd degree attempted murder. Yes I was blinded enough by her to marry her much later.
I was just trying to point out that the legal system is a lot different when you are dealing with it than what people think from the outside.

So, you weren’t having an affair with your ex-wife’s boyfriend when the previous boyfriend thought he was cheating on her?
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 06:49 AM 06-10-2021
Originally Posted by Flying High D:
So, you weren’t having an affair with your ex-wife’s boyfriend when the previous boyfriend thought he was cheating on her?
:-) Uh no. I am not Billay.

[Reply]
DaFace 07:49 AM 06-10-2021
Originally Posted by mkp785:
How about because it's the right thing to do? Why should she have to pay for the kids hospital bills? How about because Clark is a billionaire and Andy a millionaire and Britt is the employee of one and the kid of the other and this single(?) mom almost lost her ****ing daughter to Andy's **** up of a son.

Jesus ****ing christ. No is talking about a ****ing serial killer parents. I'm talking about doing the right ****ing thing. Or are you one of those Cooper barrett types who think that Britt is innocent here and we need to go after the mom for fucking car seats?
I hear you, but this is just such a naive take. There's a process for this. It'll take time, but there's a reason that lawyers and liability insurance exist.
[Reply]
oldman 08:19 AM 06-10-2021
Andy and Clark's personal wealth have nothing to do with Britt's actions. I'd wager you could go to any medium to large company in the KC area and find several bottles in mid-level employees desks. Some of the best stocked bars in the metro are in CEO's offices. It's Britt's problem and Britt's alone.
As far as the not guilty plea, it's an arraignment. Go down to any courthouse and see how many guilty pleas you get at arraignments. Not many. They'll most likely some to some kind of plea deal before trial.
I don't condone what Britt did and it's unfortunate that a young girl suffered that kind of injury, but let's not lynch the guy.
[Reply]
mkp785 10:28 AM 06-10-2021
Originally Posted by oldman:
Andy and Clark's personal wealth have nothing to do with Britt's actions. I'd wager you could go to any medium to large company in the KC area and find several bottles in mid-level employees desks. Some of the best stocked bars in the metro are in CEO's offices. It's Britt's problem and Britt's alone.
As far as the not guilty plea, it's an arraignment. Go down to any courthouse and see how many guilty pleas you get at arraignments. Not many. They'll most likely some to some kind of plea deal before trial.
I don't condone what Britt did and it's unfortunate that a young girl suffered that kind of injury, but let's not lynch the guy.
Some of you are really over the top in your reactions toward Britt Reid. Yes, he made an egregious mistake and should be held accountable but people need to remember he is human and humans make mistakes.
^^^^
Shit humans.

Who support Britt SOLEY because he used to be a Chief. This isn't even his 1st time arrested for violent drunk driving incidents.

You guys are scum.
[Reply]
mkp785 10:30 AM 06-10-2021
Oh good, you don't support a kid nearly being killed by a drunk driver. Brave take :-).
[Reply]
oldman 03:44 PM 06-10-2021
You were probably one of the ones that wanted to hang Tyreek Hill too.

All I said was Andy and Clark have nothing to do with the incident and that the not guilty plea was expected.

Get off your high horse.
[Reply]
mkp785 03:57 PM 06-10-2021
You were probably one of the ones that wanted to hang Tyreek Hill too.

All I said was Andy and Clark have nothing to do with the incident and that the not guilty plea was expected.

Get off your high horse.
Uh huh. So what would be an acceptable punishment for poor, misunderstood Britt? Go ahead I'm listening.
[Reply]
DaFace 03:59 PM 06-10-2021
Uh huh. So what would be an acceptable punishment for poor, misunderstood Britt? Go ahead I'm listening.
Firing squad, obviously. Maybe pour some acid on him first. Perhaps a little light waterboarding? Hell, Andy apparently has some role in this too, so why not subject him to the same?

(As long as we're saying "fuck it" to legal process, why stop at convicting him without a trial?)
[Reply]
Lilmrp117 04:03 PM 06-10-2021
Originally Posted by TribalElder:
if a lawyer could prove he was not at fault for the accident would they be able to get the dui test results tossed out?

would be interested if cp has any actual lawyers around, does this guy have a shot at walking?
He's facing a charge of "causing" seriously injury while under the influence so if it was proved that he was not at fault for the collision then I don't see how prosecution can prove the causation element of that crime. So it wouldn't throw out the dui test results but could lead to a not guilty on that one charge. There would still be a standard dui charge though.

Also, pleading not guilty at arraignment is not news since almost everyone does that at that point.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 04:04 PM 06-10-2021
If he's found guilty? I'd say prison and restitution. What do YOU think he should get IF he's found guilty?

BTW, he probably is, but we have courts for that sort of thing, not message board heroes. Thank God...
[Reply]
mkp785 04:05 PM 06-10-2021
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Firing squad, obviously. Maybe pour some gasoline on him first. Perhaps a little light waterboarding? Hell, Andy apparently has some role in this too, so why not subject him to the same?

(As long as we're saying "**** it" to legal process, why stop at convicting him without a trial?)

See, there's a difference between sarcastically joking and just avoiding the question. I'll wait while someone answers what they think should happen with Britt.....
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 04:06 PM 06-10-2021
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Firing squad, obviously. Maybe pour some acid on him first. Perhaps a little light waterboarding? Hell, Andy apparently has some role in this too, so why not subject him to the same?

(As long as we're saying "**** it" to legal process, why stop at convicting him without a trial?)
Fuck it, why doesn't Mahomes take that whole family in to his house? He's got a ton of money after all, and he IS a Chief...
[Reply]
Page 6 of 12
« First < 23456 78910 > Last »
Up